Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2011   #1
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 67028 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I love this comment by Andre Johnson.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-4cfbc9588ab2

(on what he says to people saying it’s the same old Texans when another key player goes down) “Well if they’ve been watching football, I don’t think they would say it’s the same old Texans. I went down. Mario (Williams) went down. Danieal Manning went down and right now we’re sitting at the top of the AFC. If they feel that way, they were bandwagoners anyway, so that’s the way I feel about it.”

You think any of the players read the forum ? This sounds like something some of us would say.

And here is a comment by jacoby jones HAHA

(on how hard it is to change a quarterback situation with so much on the line) “I don’t think we’re going to miss a beat or step. Not much is going to change. Only thing that’ll change is that he’s just left-handed. That’s it. So there ain’t nothing wrong with that. You’ve got to catch it baby.”
Old 11-15-2011   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I love this comment by Andre Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post

(on what he says to people saying it’s the same old Texans when another key player goes down) “Well if they’ve been watching football, I don’t think they would say it’s the same old Texans. I went down. Mario (Williams) went down. Danieal Manning went down and right now we’re sitting at the top of the AFC. If they feel that way, they were bandwagoners anyway, so that’s the way I feel about it.”

You think any of the players read the forum ? This sounds like something some of us would say.
Love it! Call it like you see it AJ!
Old 11-15-2011   #3
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol I would bet atleast some of the Texans probably come here and read. I mean how could you resist not to? If you're beasting it up like Brian Cushing why wouldn't you come here and read people praise you? I sure as hell would! Id be like "Hell yeah that's me! Chuck Norris looks for me in his closet before he sleeps!"
Old 11-15-2011   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we have plenty of posters named aj, Andre80, etc.

Seriously, though, I think they just TOLD AJ that people were saying that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

And that's why Andre's bad ass.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If people have been religiously following this team since its creation...

Then they know that this year's Texans, via several upgrades in players and coaches, and via an ever-evolving offense led by guys who return and don't depart for other teams (except for Leach), are finally LEGITIMATELY pretty doggone good.

The Raiders game, the only Texans game I have ever attended in my whole life, will probably go down as the low point of the season. Mario was hurt, and AJ was already out, and we lost when we should have won...and it should not have even been as close to have come down to the final few minutes too.

That being said, the Ravens game was what it was--A game we didn't like to have on our schedule because it was in their house and too early in the season.

After that, we could have relapsed and tried to sleepwalk through games against teams we knew we should beat by 30 points. But we didn't.

Now we had the worst news yet, and there's a bit of a pucker factor going on in Texans nation. I just have this feeling that since the immortal Colts are now proven to be the NFL version of Samson (cut his hair, he loses his powers) that THIS YEAR'S TEXANS are ready to assume the throne and reign from on high. I mean it, I think they're sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Demps has two interceptions now, right? Sacks everywhere, interceptions and passes defensed everywhere too. Best defense in the league. Learning to play without Mario. Learning to play without AJ. Popping Demps into the secondary for Manning? Done deal, great results already.

It's like we're in zombie mode. Chop a leg off, we hop toward you. Hack an eyeball out, we still see you with the other eyeball. Cut us in half, we'll use our arms to claw the ground and pull ourselves forward. Relentless. And that's why a lot of people still have an eery calm to them...I know I do.

It's going to be awesome when we come out and pass for 300+ with Leinart and completely wipe the Jags off the field in two weeks. You guys haven't seen anything yet until you see the ESPN and NFLN reaction in the studios after we beat the Jags without Schaub. I bet the zombie analogy gets used at some point, just a matter of time before somebody national picks up on it.

I love The Walking Dead series, if you couldn't tell.
Old 11-15-2011   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Then they know that this year's Texans, via several upgrades in players and coaches, and via an ever-evolving offense led by guys who return and don't depart for other teams (except for Leach), are finally LEGITIMATELY pretty doggone good.

The Raiders game, the only Texans game I have ever attended in my whole life, will probably go down as the low point of the season. Mario was hurt, and AJ was already out, and we lost when we should have won...and it should not have even been as close to have come down to the final few minutes too.

That being said, the Ravens game was what it was--A game we didn't like to have on our schedule because it was in their house and too early in the season.

After that, we could have relapsed and tried to sleepwalk through games against teams we knew we should beat by 30 points. But we didn't.

Now we had the worst news yet, and there's a bit of a pucker factor going on in Texans nation. I just have this feeling that since the immortal Colts are now proven to be the NFL version of Samson (cut his hair, he loses his powers) that THIS YEAR'S TEXANS are ready to assume the throne and reign from on high. I mean it, I think they're sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Demps has two interceptions now, right? Sacks everywhere, interceptions and passes defensed everywhere too. Best defense in the league. Learning to play without Mario. Learning to play without AJ. Popping Demps into the secondary for Manning? Done deal, great results already.

It's like we're in zombie mode. Chop a leg off, we hop toward you. Hack an eyeball out, we still see you with the other eyeball. Cut us in half, we'll use our arms to claw the ground and pull ourselves forward. Relentless. And that's why a lot of people still have an eery calm to them...I know I do.

It's going to be awesome when we come out and pass for 300+ with Leinart and completely wipe the Jags off the field in two weeks. You guys haven't seen anything yet until you see the ESPN and NFLN reaction in the studios after we beat the Jags without Schaub. I bet the zombie analogy gets used at some point, just a matter of time before somebody national picks up on it.

4 or 5 dump-offs to Foster and it's a done deal. Hot-tub time!

Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2011   #8
Cush
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160 Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respected

Zombie Mode.

That's gold
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

It's going to be awesome when we come out and pass for 300+ with Leinart and completely wipe the Jags off the field in two weeks.
I agree with you. Lienart might be the best QB we see over the next six games.
Old 11-15-2011   #10
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL, I'm watching this with my wife right now - 1st season, DVD. That chick just shot her zombie sister. I was like - you're so right about this zombie mode.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #11
TheGoldenGreek
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respectedTheGoldenGreek is a quality contributor and well respected

My God I miss watching this man play every week.
Old 11-15-2011   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post

And here is a comment by jacoby jones HAHA

(on how hard it is to change a quarterback situation with so much on the line) “I don’t think we’re going to miss a beat or step. Not much is going to change. Only thing that’ll change is that he’s just left-handed. That’s it. So there ain’t nothing wrong with that. You’ve got to catch it baby.”
I've never had a "mancrush" but Dre's remarks are making me feel a little fuzzy in my legs...
Old 11-15-2011   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

You can bloody their foreheads, roll your fat-@$$ nose-guard on their footsies, and injure their wide-outs by surprisingly not being in the same time-zone when they catch the ball and take off running with it, but big, bad Schaub's giant foot will still strangle you while Foster reads you poetry.

Don't worry, cuz when it's over, Leinart's got your recuperation time covered.

Old 11-15-2011   #14
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82184 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I like the zombie analogy, but I might like a Terminator analogy better. Same concept. Pieces get blown off, but regenerate, and the Terminator Texans keep coming.
RELENTLESS.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Zombie Mode.

That's gold
Old 11-15-2011   #16
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

What worries me is the fact these guys have two weeks of media exposure pumping them full of doubt and reasons they will fail. Its day 2 of 14 and I'm already sick of hearing it. The jags came will feel like a full off-season by the time it gets here.
jtexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

dre and the guys are gonna make leinart look good
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
What worries me is the fact these guys have two weeks of media exposure pumping them full of doubt and reasons they will fail. Its day 2 of 14 and I'm already sick of hearing it. The jags came will feel like a full off-season by the time it gets here.
Really? The comments I've heard on NFLN are nothing but how Leinert will thrive running Houston's offense. I've heard three different commentators say nothing but good things. Don't know about ESPN though, I never watch it unless Monday night football is interesting.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88136 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre is like silent bob in a kevin smith movie. Doesn't speak much,but when he does, it is something good
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #20
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
Yup, the bye is tough to get through every year for me. Especially this year.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read