Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2011   #41
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Article - Is Leinart better than you think by Bill Barnwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
BTW, Schaub's contract ends this season...he is a UFA at the end of the year.
Quote:
Schaub's contract is up at the EOY....would make an interesting situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
scaub's deal is up but leinart resigned for two years? the plot thickens
Vinny, I believe you're off by a year on Schaub's contract - it runs through the end of the 2012 season. The original deal was a 6 year deal done before the 2007 season with a $10 Million option payment that the Texans picked up before the 2010 season.

Matt Schaub Contract
Old 11-15-2011   #42
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Vinny, I believe you're off by a year on Schaub's contract - it runs through the end of the 2012 season. The original deal was a 6 year deal done before the 2007 season with a $10 Million option payment that the Texans picked up before the 2010 season.

Matt Schaub Contract
Yep, Rotoworld says the same thing. He's a UFA at the end of the 2012 season.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 134504 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Matt Schaub Contract
yeah, I seemed to have lost a year somewhere. Just call me Vinny van Winkle...that and apparently, I can't math.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #44
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Tom Brady's greatness wasn't unleashed until Bledsoe got hurt.

It could happen!
It could happen. Reminds me of that scene in Apollo 13 where the NASA Director surmises it'll be NASA's worst disaster and Krantz, with the same information, figures it will be "our finest hour."

I think that scene looks a lot like the conversations on this board right now (and understandably so).

Quote:
yeah, I seemed to have lost a year somewhere. Just call me Vinny van Winkle...that and apparently, I can't math.
Naa, the year you went on board sabbatical is what got you, that's all.
Old 11-16-2011   #45
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

his old college coach wouldn't take a flyer on him -- that's all I need to know..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
his old college coach wouldn't take a flyer on him -- that's all I need to know..

TJ
Instead he hitched his wagon to tav Jackson.

Obviously a great decision.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #47
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TJ
It was the opposite. Leinart was going to sign and at the last moment backed out. That's the way I understood it.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2011   #48
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TJ
Not exactly (but nice attempt to spin it that way). It doesn't appear Carroll was the decision-maker regarding Leinart not joining the Seahawks.

Quote:
In a prime example of how free-agency moves this week are not etched in stone, quarterback Matt Leinart has decided not to rejoin Pete Carroll in Seattle — a deal that couldn't be signed until Friday — and instead will stay with the Houston Texans.

According to individuals with knowledge of the negotiations, Leinart had agreed to terms with the Seahawks on Tuesday and intended to be reunited with Carroll, his coach at USC, believing his only quarterback competition would have been Charlie Whitehurst.
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul...inart-20110728
Old 11-16-2011   #49
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
I don't get it when people say he has all the tools. He has poor arm strength and on top of that he's a lefty. Not too many of the good qb in the nfl are lefty's. We just have to hope his decision making had gotten better. In Kubiaks system there's always a place where the ball can go. Especially since we have a dominate running game it should be even more open for Lienart to throw to hopefully. So I'm not expecting an Aaron Rodgers performance, just a couple of dinks and dunks that grab 6 to 7 yards a completions.
Nice analyisis. I always think of a QB's dominant hand...People put too much into the "Lefties don't succeed as much" garbage. The stats are skewed because there isn't a whole lot of them. Oh, and Schaub isn't exactly a Howitzer back there...
Old 11-16-2011   #50
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Nice analyisis. I always think of a QB's dominant hand...People put too much into the "Lefties don't succeed as much" garbage. The stats are skewed because there isn't a whole lot of them. Oh, and Schaub isn't exactly a Howitzer back there...
Hey now...I'm a lefty too but facts are facts. It's the same reason why you don't see successful ginger QBs. Predetermined genetic factors that exclude them from being top NFL athletes...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #51
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Hey now...I'm a lefty too but facts are facts. It's the same reason why you don't see successful ginger QBs. Predetermined genetic factors that exclude them from being top NFL athletes...
Everyone knows that gingers don't succeed in the NFL because gingers don't have souls.
Old 11-16-2011   #52
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

That whole article could be summed up with Ken Whisenhunt is a bad evaluator of QB talent.
Old 11-16-2011   #53
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not exactly (but nice attempt to spin it that way). It doesn't appear Carroll was the decision-maker regarding Leinart not joining the Seahawks.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul...inart-20110728
I wonder if some people got in Leinarts ear and convinced him that this was a better situation for him...

I wonder if anyone from the Team like Smith or Kubiak called him and sold him on staying...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #54
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

When did he wear #9?
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #55
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbill View Post
when did he wear #9?
Old 11-16-2011   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
We might need some kind of hot-tub smilie similar to the Kool-Aid one.
Second
Old 11-16-2011   #57
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77581 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TJ
Felix Unger. Buy a clue perhaps?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #58
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Felix Unger. Buy a clue perhaps?
MSR... as if I wouldn't catch that? LOL
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #59
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was making poor reads in the preseason from what I could gather. He has all the tools, but we'll see what he can do with them now.
It may sound simplistic, but i don't think he won't have to go through multiple progressions. This offense may be complicated by formation types and number of plays, but the first read seems to be wide open or else Foster gets the dump.

My main concern with Leinart is actually overconfidence which will lead to him forcing throws later in the game.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #60
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtexas View Post
It may sound simplistic, but i don't think he won't have to go through multiple progressions. This offense may be complicated by formation types and number of plays, but the first read seems to be wide open or else Foster gets the dump.

My main concern with Leinart is actually overconfidence which will lead to him forcing throws later in the game.
I fear the opposite - that he doesn't have enough confidence. I hope he doesn't have a "Brad Lidge" syndrom from what happened in Arizona.

You look at Seattle and he pulled back from the contract after he heard that Tavaris Jackson was going there. He knew the offensive coordinator was from Minnesota and didn't want to get caught up in a qb controversy. He wants to start, but it seems he wants to go into a situation that there will not be a qb controversy or he could get benched over favortism/ personality clashes instead of actual performance.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read