Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which QB would you prefer to start
Matt Leinart 107 82.31%
T.J Yates 23 17.69%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2011   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Yates or Leinart ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Found this from a poster with almost 11,000 posts.

Quote:
DarthLlama
I bet he doesn't play long, if he doesn't get hurt he'll fake an injury.

It's pretty clear to me that Matt doesn't want to play, he wants to watch and get paid.

What's up with that? He wasn't looking too bad.... managing the game.
Old 11-27-2011   #62
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

that is funny though
Old 11-27-2011   #63
Iceman16
Veteran

Rep Power: 371 Iceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Yates. I just don't see it in Lienart. He's like a clone of orlovsky in my eyes. Bad arm strength
Lolwat
Iceman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #64
Iceman16
Veteran

Rep Power: 371 Iceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
This. Christian Ponder lit us up in the 4th preseason game. How's he doing this season?
Extremely well, guessing you don't watch Vikings games. I don't blame you.
Iceman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #65
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
no way to sugar coat it -- either way we are in deep doo doo..

TJ
Were in even deeper poo poo if this is TJ Yates himself saying this...
Old 11-27-2011   #66
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
People voted Yates? Seriously? He's a rookie QB drafted in the 5th round. When has that equaled success?
Tom Brady? .. oh wait he was a 6th round pick.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #67
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

yates didnt have an awesome game, but didnt lose us the game, overall i like what i saw from him, i just think the defense not respecting the pass and loading the box along with kubiak being really conservative with the rookie didnt really give us a chance to see what he has.
Old 11-27-2011   #68
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yates didnt have an awesome game, but didnt lose us the game, overall i like what i saw from him, i just think the defense not respecting the pass and loading the box along with kubiak being really conservative with the rookie didnt really give us a chance to see what he has.
This. Kubiak got scared. Now we get to see what kind of coach he really is. He has to get a rookie ready to face a tough Atlanta team.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
This. Kubiak got scared. Now we get to see what kind of coach he really is. He has to get a rookie ready to face a tough Atlanta team.
Got scared?

We had a 10 point lead & supposedly the best running game in the AFC, next to Jacksonville.

I liked how he came out letting the kid throw the ball at the end of the first half... but I wouldn't say he got scared in the second... cautious maybe... smart ... eh... he's got a rookie QB playing in a game he wasn't supposed to be.
Old 11-27-2011   #70
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Any news on Leinart?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #71
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected

When you refuse to let the kid at least throw for the first down, that is being scared. It didn't have to be fancy. Just a dig to the sideline or something. I'm not saying they even had to score. Just get a first down or two.
Old 11-27-2011   #72
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Any news on Leinart?
Nothing official. Rumor is a broken clavicle.
Old 11-27-2011   #73
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 6836 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
When you refuse to let the kid at least throw for the first down, that is being scared. It didn't have to be fancy. Just a dig to the sideline or something. I'm not saying they even had to score. Just get a first down or two.
I don't know man, we had a lead though. Risk having TJ go down the field and throwing a INT and putting the ball back into J-villes hands with more time left on the clock or you take the easy run or check down plays and extend the drive a long as possible while burning some time off the clock.

Its one thing if we were playing from behind, then I would be about having him take a few shots down the field, however, I would rather just get out of J-ville with a W so that we can prep TJ for next weeks games.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #74
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I am expecting to lose to Atlanta. Asking a rook to play against a tough ATL D that will stack the box is asking a bit much. I want to see how he does against Cincy. He will have had two full weeks of practice where he is the #1 and will face a quality D. If he can remain healthy, I expect he will do well against Carolina and Indy.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I am expecting to lose to Atlanta. Asking a rook to play against a tough ATL D that will stack the box is asking a bit much. I want to see how he does against Cincy. He will have had two full weeks of practice where he is the #1 and will face a quality D. If he can remain healthy, I expect he will do well against Carolina and Indy.
I can just see Dunta getting a pic 6.....

& running his mouth

Old 11-27-2011   #76
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

was buying leinart, not buying yates. hope to be proved wrong
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #77
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I can just see Dunta getting a pic 6.....

& running his mouth

I actually think we will see a heavy run game against ATL very similar to what we saw here in the 2nd half as Kubes gets Yates up to speed. I think the playbook opens a bit more against Cincy and increases by 10% each game thereafter.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011   #78
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
what would make you believe in Leinart and not yates. If anything i think it should be the other way around.
Old 11-27-2011   #79
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Honestly. I was buying into Leinart before he reminded me why I hated the 2006 Texans offense. I was flipping out when TJ almost scored us a TD at the bottom of the first half. I wasn't expecting that at all. If we don't get too conservative I think this kid can be real solid. Did you see how he stared down the pressure? Wow.
Old 11-27-2011   #80
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't we just take some of Leinart's collarbone and fix Schaub's ankle with it? Doc?

Better yet, let's just take one of Leinart's ankles. He owes the team anyway.

Jus' put 'im in a hot-tub after.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read