Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2011   #61
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Time to quit crying over Schaub. Matt Leinart is now the Texans QB. We need to get behind him.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #62
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reason Why We'll Be Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilpW View Post
We'll be fine because we have a dominating defense and a running game that controls the clock. Stay on the plus side of the turnover ledger and Texans continue to roll.
I totally agree with this. This is definitely a blow but keep feeding the dynamic duo, play dominating defense, hit the wide open TE's on the play action, and oh yeah.....hopefully that #80 guy can come back strong in two weeks.
Old 11-15-2011   #63
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In Leinart I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Leinart has championship swagger!!!
Did not matt transfer that swagger to Vince Young one year.
He has a great line and he is now the captian lets get behind him

Go Texans
Old 11-15-2011   #64
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dominating D.

Dominating running game.

Schaub not really having best year anyway (individually).

Maybe we'll be fine. All I can say is no freaking picks, Leinart. We are not asking you to carry this team. Learn to throw the ball away if nobody's OPEN (even though I got kind of sick of seeing Schaub do that). Practice, practice, practice your fake hand-offs, because you're replacing the best in the business at that.

Oh, Leinart meet Winston. I suggest you grow some eyes in the back of your head....or tell Eric you are a RB. Then he'll protect you.

One way or another, this season is going to end stressfully...

PS-PSYCHOTIC PREDICTIONS: Leinart wins Superbowl with Houston, beating Pittsburgh in Reliant Stadium in AFC Championship and beating Dallas in Superbowl (Romo has late season and playoff run); Leinart becomes Houston starter; Schaub demands trade, eventually winds up with and starts for........................................Jackson ville...

First game against Schaub and the Jaguars: Mario sacks Schaub....both suffer career-ending injuries...; Cushing cracks non-helmeted head on nose-guard's helmet, leaving clear brain-fluid on it, keeps playing, doesn't need brain to play football. Tested for roids; found to be pregnant; eventually passes a football with large, muscular arms; go figure.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #65
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Time for a new theme song. If this doesn't get you fire you up for the start of the Matt Leinart era, I don't know what will....

The Matt Leinart era begins!!!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #66
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

ProFootballWeekly:

The problem with Leinart is simple. All the bad traits and habits he had in college carried over: a lack of arm strength, lack of mobility to avoid the rush, he floats and lets the ball hang in the air and makes poor decisions and bad throws on the run. Leinart may not be an NFL-caliber quarterback.

Last edited by Playoffs; 11-15-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #67
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

That was befire we had a QB guy get his hands on him
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2011   #68
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next Man Up!

I'm skipping all of the 5 stages of grief and going to the 6th and little known stage: unwavering, blind, stupid, unreasonable, illogical, dangerous optimism.

Why? Because things were going so well, everything was on track, we were finally almost there...and then THIS happens. I'm taking this as a sign from the Flying Spaghetti Monster that this was meant to happen, so Leinart could come in, hot tub girls in tow, and lead us to a Superbowl.

Looking at it realistically, there's few BETTER situations for a backup QB to step into. There is a low degree of failure due to our running game, o-line and AJ coming back that you'd have to be an utter wank at the QB spot to screw up too badly.

Leinart didn't have good teams to helm before, so it's easier to fail without the talent around you to help prop you up and let you ease into the QB role. This Texans team allows Leinart to stumble into success, just by its nature of being a rather complete team with skill at vital positions.

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, hide yo college girls and hot tubs, Matt Leinart is in the house. SUPERBOWL OR BUST. LEINART MVP. BELIEVE IT.

(TJ Yates, get ready!)

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #69
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Looking at it realistically, there's few BETTER situations for a backup QB to step into. There is a low degree of failure due to our running game, o-line and AJ coming back that you'd have to be an utter wank at the QB spot to screw up too badly.
And that reasoning is exactly why I'm not buying into all this gloom and doom. Would we be better off with Matty I instead of II? Well, of course we would. But we're not going to die as a team with Matty II. He's got six games to prepare for the playoffs, we'll be fine.

Unless Matty II goes down and Yates comes in. All bets are off then.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #70
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as he sticks to this game plan we're good:

1.) Hand the ball of to Arian Foster

2.) Pitch the ball to Arian Foster

3.) Hand the ball to Ben Tate

4.) Screen pass to Arian Foster

= WIN!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #71
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I would also like to mention that just a few weeks ago we were all dogging Schaub and how he hasn't been himself. Let's keep things in perspective yall. We weren't winning games because of Schaub. Yes he had some good moments but he wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire. Heck, he didn't even throw a TD vs. Cleveland and was pretty non-effective in the 2nd half of that game. He really wasn't effective in our last game vs. Tampa Bay. He only threw 3 times in the second half of that game.

Was he really a monster vs. Tenn or did we just throw up two 100 yard rushers on that team because Matt was throwing the ball everywhere? I recall a Matt Schaub who was struggling to get receivers the ball on the money that game.

In fact, I believe we can look at all 3 of our losses and see Schaub's finger prints on those games. We all know about Oakland and his inability to throw a completed pass until the final seconds of the 4th quarter. He couldn't convert a 3rd down vs. New Orleans, and he really couldn't do anything vs. Baltimore. Now he did have his reasons and I will give him that (No Andre) but we were in the thick of things in each of those games and he couldn't make something happen.

I believe it's not about Leinhart but everything around him. Our defense will get 3 and outs for us, our running game will keep the ball for us. If Andre comes back, they have to protect him and keep a few players out the box.

What I do see is that we will have a few more FG drives than TD drives that we were loving this year. Rackers better get his crap together.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #72
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno what Leinart's gunna bring us, so i won't freak out yet... Schaub hasn't been as 'on' this year as he has been in the past, and we really haven't been throwing too too much...

What concerns me most right now is losing the timing and cohesiveness that Schaub had with everyone...you know, that stuff outside the x's and o's, like knowing how/when OD likes to break a route etc... And make what you will of Eric Winston now being a blindside tackle..

I'm gunna wait and see here... Maybe Matt Jr. Shocks us all or at least gives us the average (good 'nuff) play Schaub was giving...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #73
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to call in Brett Favre.

MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #74
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Since we're going the positive route here, you gotta think Leinart has more speed and agility than Schaub does. So, there's that going for him.
Old 11-15-2011   #75
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-favre-a-call/
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #76
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Leinart over Sage I don't know about that one but we have who we have.
Old 11-15-2011   #77
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Leinart over Sage I don't know about that one but we have who we have.
We needed Sage when we had him because our only chance of winning was to sling it. We had to live with his requisite bone head plays.

Now we just need a guy to make 15 or so completions to keep the motor running.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #78
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Herm Edwards still has faith in the Texans. He says we can still win games with Leinart if Leinart lets the team work and not try to win games by himself.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...without-schaub
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #79
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post

I'd call Kurt Warner first.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #80
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe people some people are in for a surprise here. Leinart has had almost two years working in this offense, he has experience as an NFL QB, and unlike his situation in Arizona, he is going to be surrounded by a very good, fired up football tam on both sides of the ball. And, oh yeah, did I mention that Andre Johnson is due back in two weeks?

I do not expect to see the Texan's performance fall off noticeably during the regular season as a result of this change. Their schedule is favorable and the team is as talented and well balanced as any in the NFL.

Matt Leinart and the Texans are going to be just fine.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read