Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #41
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In Leinart I Trust

no way, Leinart blows and will put our defense in really bad situations with turnovers...

Gary has NEVER kept a decent backup QB. Just "project" QB's

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #42
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

These Leinart threads are going to get boring over the next two weeks, but I guess it's all we have for now. The fact is, we just don't know what will happen. But my guess is it will be at worst only mildly bad all the way to surprising good. I honestly do NOT think this is a full fledged disaster.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #43
DonnyMost
lol football :D

Rep Power: 2773 DonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respectedDonnyMost is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-14-2011   #44
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

I think he'll be fine. He's not going to be asked to do too much. Definitely going to be relying on the run game and mix in a lot of play action passes to keep the defenses off balance. Obviously he's not going to come out and light it up but I can see him being something similar to what Alex Smith is in SF. Just there to manage a game, not turn it over and allow the run game to do their thing.

As long as they don't turn the ball over and put the defense in bad positions we should be alright to still win 11 games.
Old 11-14-2011   #45
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The "woe is me" posts are pathetic and embarrassing. Injuries are part of the game. If we deserve to win, we will win, and this Texans team WILL win. Not in spite of leinart, but as a well rounded team.
Old 11-15-2011   #46
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

All this team has to do is play out the Chicago Bears Super Bowl formula when they had Rex Grossman running that offense. Run the ball, keep playing stellar defense, and all Leinart has to do is be a game manager. Don't throw picks and don't get strip sacked.

ESPN was talking about how strong his work ethic has been. Combining that with Kubiak and Greg Knapp's reputation of coaching up quarterbacks it wouldn't surprise me if he keeps us afloat.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #47
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
This is about as positive as I can get right now. If it had to happen, and we are Houston, therefore it had to happen, at least it happened two weeks before our next game so Matt boy can have more time.

That took all the positivity I had for the remainder of the day.
They don't really have much more time. According to the new CBA the players aren't allowed to practice for 4 straight days. I don't think there are specific days, but they have to be consecutive.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-15-2011   #48
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

They have more time in the sense that the coaching staff can put some packages together for a lefty qb. They say he has been taking more reps in practice because schaub has been banged up for the last couple of weeks.

I'm not selling my tickets to the jags game over this, although jags tickets would move about as easily as my house right now. I'm expecting a big win on the 27th.
Old 11-15-2011   #49
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reason Why We'll Be Fine

We've never really seen what Leinart can do with the #1s. What better situation for someone to step into.

He's got a tremendous run game headed by a badass 2 headed monster.
He's getting back the game's best wide receiver that can get open and make the tough catches.
He's got a great group of TEs that can all stretch the field and find the soft spots in the zone.
He's got an offensive guru as a coach that will design a game plan to allow him to manage the game.
He's got the #1 Defense helping him out with field position and keeping the opponent's score low.
He's playing in an offense more like the one he played in at USC.
And He's going to have the BEST FANS IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE behind him.

I'm giving him a chance. Who knows. Maybe all of the National columnists that were talking about us as Super Bowl contenders last night and have changed it to One and Done today will spark something.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #50
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am looking for Kubiak to come out passing opening the Jacksonville game. Teams are going to be stacking the box more so now that Schaub is injured. It's going to be harder to run the ball now. Kubiak came out passing in both the Tampa & Cleveland games, and I fully expect him to do it in the next game. Hopefully Leinart can capitalize on this chance.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #51
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

he has two weeks to prep for the falcons defense which isn't saying much so lets give him a chance to see if he has matured as professional and if he has stop partying he might have a chance to salvage a once promising career.
Old 11-15-2011   #52
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm giving him a chance too. It's all we can do.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #53
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I'm giving him a chance too. It's all we can do.
Nuh huh, there is always this option

I agree with you though, Ill give him a shot...... While it sucks to lose Schaub, I won't name names, but I just dont see us pulling a Colts....... oh wait guess I did, oh well, feels good...COLTS SUCK,GO TEXANS!!!
Old 11-15-2011   #54
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If I was Leinart...

Id be pretty stoked right now.

Best running game in the league, best Oline in the league, best defense in the league, best WR in the league.

If Leinart cant come in and make something happen then he has no business being in the NFL.

On the other hand, and this is the part he should be stoked about, he has been put in the perfect situation to make himself a budding superstar again. If he goes in and takes advantage of these tools and doesnt screw up.. gets us to the playoffs, maybe even wins a game there.. his value is going to skyrocket.

We might be looking at suitors next offseason.. and we might get a deal out of it kinda like what Atlanta got from us for Schaub.

And I know most of you have had the thought cross your mind so im going to go ahead and voice it... There is also the chance that he could come in and blow everyone away. After all this IS the perfect setup for him. Next offseason it might be Schaub we are shopping around.

Or not.. I have no idea on the intricacies of that. The point though..is that Leinart has no excuses. If he still has talent, this is his chance to show it.. with nothing holding him back.

Off topic. WHAT DID WE DO?!?!?! Did someone beat up an old gypsy in the astrodome? How did we get this curse and what can we do to break it?

If you see a gypsy give them a hug.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #55
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If I was Leinart...

If I were Leinart I would have taken the money and run and remained knee deep in scotch and vagina for the rest of my life...but that's just me.
Old 11-15-2011   #56
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If I was Leinart...

Think I read recently that it took the Saints 4 decades to win a playoff game.

I also read a short excerpt of Dan Pastorini's autobiography coming out. He was a drunk, womanizing party-boy. THAT'S why they never won it all back then.

So, basically, I'm sayin' we're not jinxed. It just REALLY feels like it a LOT of the time.

Maybe we'll be fine if we can replace Leinart in all those hot-tubs with the girls with me...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #57
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

When AJ comes back, he can just throw it to himself.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #58
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Next Man Up!

Ok, I have had time to sleep this one off. Well... Not really. I woke up and immediately thought to myself... Oh yea, this sucks.

Even still, look at what we have gone through so far this year and we are STILL 7-3. We are currently the #1 frickin seed in the AFC! This team is different. This team finds a way. This team continues to progress despite what would "seem" to be reasons to throw in the towel. Not. This. Year.

I am done worrying about this. This is football. This is the NFL. We are Houston football fans. So what... We have a new captain stepping in to lead this team. Kubiak is THE MAN when it comes to QBs. We get AJ back. Our D is legit. Our running game is the best in the league.

This thing is far from over. Its just time for the next man to stand up.

Go Texans!!!!!!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #59
WelshTexan
Rookie

Default Re: Next Man Up!

Totally agree.

Like you, I'm not worried about this. We've got the bye ahead of us, and that will give Matt plenty of time to get ready with the first-teamers. We'll be fine, especially with AJ coming back.

If anything does worry me about this, it's the fact that (at least when I went to bed last night, and I'm six hours ahead of Houston) there hasn't been a firm answer on how many games Schuab will miss. Are we likely to see him back in a jersey for the playoffs?

Keith Cleaver AKA WelshTexan
WelshTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #60
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next Man Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Ok, I have had time to sleep this one off. Well... Not really. I woke up and immediately thought to myself... Oh yea, this sucks.

Even still, look at what we have gone through so far this year and we are STILL 7-3. We are currently the #1 frickin seed in the AFC! This team is different. This team finds a way. This team continues to progress despite what would "seem" to be reasons to throw in the towel. Not. This. Year.

I am done worrying about this. This is football. This is the NFL. We are Houston football fans. So what... We have a new captain stepping in to lead this team. Kubiak is THE MAN when it comes to QBs. We get AJ back. Our D is legit. Our running game is the best in the league.

This thing is far from over. Its just time for the next man to stand up.

Go Texans!!!!!!!
Thanks!! Ya said it for me!! Let's move on!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read