Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #1
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Reason Why We'll Be Fine

I'm thinking this doesn't really warrant a thread, but I thought it might temporarily lighten up the mood. Lock if unnecessary please.

TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #2
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reason Why We'll Be Fine

Yessir. We can't automatically assume Leinart is a bad QB. We'll find out at the Jags game for sure.
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart is going to surprise some people I tell ya!!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #4
cain78749
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 cain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performercain78749 is a Legendary performer

Fine as in limp to 10-6/9-7, host a playoff game and losing it, or fine as in not missing a beat, protecting our #1 seed status or dropping one too many and still getting that bye, and maybe winning a playoff game or two?

I can see the former, not so much the latter. Hope to be surprised.
cain78749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
i think so as well
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Well, I've already bought my tickets & booked a room in Indy...
Old 11-14-2011   #7
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, I've already bought my tickets & booked a room in Indy...
That's the spirit!
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2011   #8
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Oddly, seeing this put me at ease. I can't explain why. It just did.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Leinart is good enough to help us win the division. I really believe that. It's the playoff games I'm worried about.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #10
Roadtrip635
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Roadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart to the rescue! I sure hope so.

Roadtrip635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #11
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

I remember in an older version of Madden, they had a "Old Spice Swagger" rating for the players.

I can't remember what Leinart's rating was, but it had to be through the roof right?
Old 11-14-2011   #12
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

These memes are killing me, Matt Leinart is like Joe Namath...only bad at QB (based strictly on what I've seen). Or I'm just drunk and trying not to think much about it.
Old 11-14-2011   #13
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

In a personal sense this is good. Waking up at 2AM local time for Texans kickoffs was not easy. This news will probably give me insomnia for the rest of the season so I should be fine.

But more importantly, although I've never been impressed by anything I've seen from Leinart since he came to the Texans, if this HAD to happen:

1) I'm grateful it was going into a bye week.
2) I'm grateful it happened after the wave of RB injuries subsided earlier this year. The Leinart/Ogbonnaya combo would have been terrifying.
3) I'm grateful it happened after the defense found its new identity and developed confidence far beyond what I was expecting this season.
4) I'm grateful AJ is coming back, just in time.
5) I'm grateful it happened in a year in the AFC South when suddenly the best remaining QB in the division is arguably Matt Hasselbeck. (That is not praise of Matt Hasselbeck.) If this had happened in a year where Manning was still playing, it would be hard not to be hopeless right now.

I will be cranking some Tums a week from Sunday, yes, but is it over? Not by a long shot.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #14
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll be fine because we have a dominating defense and a running game that controls the clock. Stay on the plus side of the turnover ledger and Texans continue to roll.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #15
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

If we had Blaine Gabbert at QB, then I'd be worried.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #16
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default In Leinart I Trust

He looks good to me, let's give him a chance n not label him a bust. KJ is turning it around, so can Lienart.

Quality could be better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX8XyIASZro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvDYf...eature=related

If he plays like that great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQrVS...eature=related

Everything was awesome except the INT;
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #17
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In Leinart I Trust

Leinart*
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #18
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's all... Thank you.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #19
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Leinart has championship swagger!!!
Old 11-14-2011   #20
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

We keep rolling.

Just please, please let nothing more happen to our D, and umm.......Tate and foster.

And let AJ get strong and back to 100% by playoff time.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read