Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #101
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mr. Leinart your time is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
This is it for Matt Leinart. He either proves that all the hype coming out of college weren`t all bull*** and that he can be a NFL caliber QB - or he will forever be known as just another bust.

He is in a perfect situation here. With a dominant defense, the leagues best running attack and one of the best O-Lines - and arguably the best receiver of the league coming back - there are no more excuses. He doesn`t have to be Aaron Rodgers - he has to be Alex Smith (the 2011 version). The next 6 game will decide the rest of his career.

Look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip?

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime
did you just quote eminem ?
Old 11-14-2011   #102
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Actually a ton of posters should be happy now since so many wanted Schaub sent packing. Now they got their wish, and they can see if we're really better after all without him.
Then I wonder why we haven't seen any of them yet.

If it weren't for you reminding us that they were out there, we wouldn't even know they exist.
Old 11-14-2011   #103
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Then I wonder why we haven't seen any of them yet.

If it weren't for you reminding us that they were out there, we wouldn't even know they exist.
Its because its easy to talk about replacing him, but to lose him mid season while our season looks so promising is problably not the ideal they had in mind. I doubt anyone is happy about losing Schaub at this point.
Old 11-14-2011   #104
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions for Matt Leinart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
so What... let them come...
Go ahead... Rush 7 or 8 and leave a well-rested and repaired A.J. in single coverage if you dare.

That's what hot read slants and WR screens are for

If I'm Dennison with two weeks to get a game plan ready, I'll play them just like we did Cleveland and Tampa who also figured they could stack the box and stop us. Early on we passed them silly.
Let
Them
COME!

you people can lament all you want.
These "kids" haven't crumbled yet.
They won't crumble now.
I'm thinking the first play should be a boot just like the one Jacoby scored on vs Tampa Bay.

Right out the gate.

But, since we know they know we know they'll bring the house, they'll probably fake the run blitz, drop back into coverage while sending the backside end up the field.... it might make more sense to just run the outside stretch.
Old 11-14-2011   #105
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Serious question: Is Matt Leinart any better or worse than Mark Sanchez or vice versa?

Vote this:

UP for Leinart being better

DOWN for Sanchez being better

See below for TIE vote.
lol 300 up 128 down

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...m/#more-167062
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #106
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Its because its easy to talk about replacing him, but to lose him mid season while our season looks so promising is problably not the ideal they had in mind. I doubt anyone is happy about losing Schaub at this point.
There's that, plus I remember the "replace Schaub" guys were saying to draft a guy to sit on the bench & watch Schaub play out the last year of his contract (2012).

I guess they weren't happy with TJ Yates.

But it wasn't like they were saying to "ship him off" this offseason & find his replacement in the same offseason.

Now yes, there are a lot of guys who don't believe Schaub will get us to the Super Bowl.

There are a lot of guys (like myself) who recognizes Schaub's limitations.

But I seriously doubt anyone is "happy" to finally see Lienart.

Now, if we win vs the Jags, the "QB controversy" stuff will start, regardless how Lienart looks.
Old 11-14-2011   #107
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Get out of the hot tub, Matt...

Turn off the sun lamp,

Stop the body shaving.

Time to man up, suit up, and claim your place.
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2011   #108
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
TYPICAL.

We are 7-3 and your are talking about firing our head coach.
We are 7-3 because of Wade. Kubiak should have been fired years ago on the day of the Rosencopter incident.
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #109
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
There's that, plus I remember the "replace Schaub" guys were saying to draft a guy to sit on the bench & watch Schaub play out the last year of his contract (2012).

I guess they weren't happy with TJ Yates.

But it wasn't like they were saying to "ship him off" this offseason & find his replacement in the same offseason.

Now yes, there are a lot of guys who don't believe Schaub will get us to the Super Bowl.

Now, if we win vs the Jags, the "QB controversy" stuff will start, regardless how Lienart looks.
Personally i loved the way T.J yates played in the pre season, very strong arm, very accurate. i would love to see him in there TBH.
Old 11-14-2011   #110
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
so What... let them come...
Go ahead... Rush 7 or 8 and leave a well-rested and repaired A.J. in single coverage if you dare.

That's what hot read slants and WR screens are for

If I'm Dennison with two weeks to get a game plan ready, I'll play them just like we did Cleveland and Tampa who also figured they could stack the box and stop us. Early on we passed them silly.
Let
Them
COME!

you people can lament all you want.
These "kids" haven't crumbled yet.
They won't crumble now.
I personally find it funny that so many people think teams will load up the box against the Texans now.

It's funny.

If your team is not named the New York Jets and you do not have a corner named Darrelle Revis you are not putting your CB on a island and stacking the box. People are basically saying that teams are going to put a single CB on Andre Johnson...please do that...

The thing is also that teams have filled the box some when AJ went out...it hasn't worked...

Now blitzing...that's a different story...if teams plan to blitz more I understand that. They need to see how Matt 2 will handle blitzes.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #111
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Default Re: Next man up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hervoyel View Post
the backup qb has one job. Hiding the gaping hole left by the starting qb going down.

if you found your backup qb in some other teams scrap pile then you might be paying for this injury with your job....
msr
Old 11-14-2011   #112
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
msr
can someone explain to me this "msr"??
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #113
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
can someone explain to me this "msr"??

"msr" means "Must Spread Rep" meaning you just gave rep to someone not long ago so you can't rep them again. Kind of a "I would if I could" compliment.
Old 11-14-2011   #114
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart is going to look dominant against Jacksonville. The whole team will pull together, Defense is gonna be lights out, offensive line is going to be opening holes all over the place for Tate and Foster. When he does throw it's going to be safe stuff and junk they've spent two weeks working on. ESPN is going to be talking about a resurrected Matt Leinart and getting way ahead of themselves on this story.
Old 11-14-2011   #115
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Leinart is going to look dominant against Jacksonville. The whole team will pull together, Defense is gonna be lights out, offensive line is going to be opening holes all over the place for Tate and Foster. When he does throw it's going to be safe stuff and junk they've spent two weeks working on. ESPN is going to be talking about a resurrected Matt Leinart and getting way ahead of themselves on this story.
Will Matt play "dirty" against the kittens
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #116
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

3-3 is the best he can do..

he really isnt NFL caliber

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #117
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 17901 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

no hype left for this guy -- he's a washout..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #118
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

wrong thread
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #119
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

My prediction for Leinart is that HE SUCKS!

Thank you kindly.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #120
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:

I guess they weren't happy with TJ Yates. U

This is me. I think everything has to be right to win a sb or even afc champ game with a guy like schaub. That's not a bad thing, but I would like to see what kubes could do with a talented guy. I mean, if he can make schaub top 8-13, imagine if he had a mobile,smart qb with a big arm?

When the competition gets tougher in the playoffs, the qb becomes even more important. A good qb won't win a sb. A limited talent guy won't win a sb.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read