Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #81
Iceman16
Veteran

Rep Power: 372 Iceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respectedIceman16 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions for Matt Leinart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Somehow the Texans have managed to win without Mario Williams and Andre Johnson.
Somehow = Wade replaced Mario with Demarcus Ware lite, someone that legitimately fits in at 3-4 OLB, and we replaced Andre with using Ben Tate more. That's a lot different than replacing a decent QB with a shit QB.
Iceman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #82
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart will be fine.

I think he will play very well for us.

Jmo.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #83
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
I think we'll be fine guys.

We keep rolling!

No Mario, no AJ, no MS, NO problem.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #84
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

The possible silver lining here is the opposition does not have much film on Leinart. Kubiak will do everything he can to get him comfortable.

If Leinart has matured at all and is willing to put in the work (as in his butt better be at Reliant as I type this), he might work out fine. Heck, he may surprise a few folks.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #85
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I come home after a CRAPPY day at work and read all this garbage!! I'm depressed and my brain just can't take anymore bad news, so think I'll just go get drunk!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #86
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Dilfer makes an interesting point. He is a lefty, could make for a rough transition on the little things alone. Bye week just got ALOT busier.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #87
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he game manages us well enough to get us the division win and looks competitive in the playoffs.

I think the ceiling has come down on the season some if Schaub is not QBing in the playoffs.

Schaub has not been that prolific this year, I can't see why Leinart can't handoff, hit some wideopen guys off playaction and pitch and catch with AJ and AF.

Best of all we get the news with the bye in front of us and the Jags to beat on the first week up.

Keeping the faith, keeping my spirits up.

and MOAR Hottubs.
Old 11-14-2011   #88
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have any specific reason.

I just believe, against all odds.

silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #89
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Dilfer makes an interesting point. He is a lefty, could make for a rough transition on the little things alone. Bye week just got ALOT busier.
Yeah but Steve Young pretty much laughed at that idea. I'll go with Young on this, besides if it was that big of a deal then we'd never bring in a left-handed QB to back-up Matt 1.

If this was a short week then I think it would be a problem, but everyone has two weeks to get used to their new left handed QB.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #90
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 9543 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next man up...

The Houston Texans have survived some big injuries this season: defensive end Mario Williams (done), receiver Andre Johnson (due back soon), safety Danieal Manning (due back in a few weeks).

Next we’ll find out if they can win without quarterback Matt Schaub.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...est-for-texans
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #91
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mr. Leinart your time is now

this is what Leinart should be listening to right now :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO2wA0Te0wM

I think we will be fine remember that game

Cards vs Tenn Leinart vs VY man he played decent that game IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #92
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my Leinart prediction.

He steps in for Schaub and takes the Texans to the playoffs. From there it gets a little more hazy, but he does well enough for the Redskins to trade a #1 pick for him (provided the Shanahans don't get fired).
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #93
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=thunderkyss;1828107]We kept him for a reason. I have faith in Kubiak's choice of QB, I have faith in Lienart.....

QUOTE]

Im with you here
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #94
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Patriots could do it with Matt Cassel, then we can do it with Matt Leinart
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #95
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
If the Patriots could do it with Matt Cassel, then we can do it with Matt Leinart
Considering Hot Tub Boy's surrounding cast on offense, and our defense, I'll buy that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #96
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
The Dilfer that "led" the Ravens to the Super Bowl with his stellar play. Hand off, don't turn the ball over and let the defense win games. Yea, his opinion is valuable.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #97
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm trying to look at the bright side on this...... but I know the Jags are licking their chops right now.

Remember Detroit vs Denver? They didn't care about Tebow throwing the ball. That's the way the Jags are going to approach this. They're going to send 7 & 8 until Lienart beats them.
so What... let them come...
Go ahead... Rush 7 or 8 and leave a well-rested and repaired A.J. in single coverage if you dare.

That's what hot read slants and WR screens are for

If I'm Dennison with two weeks to get a game plan ready, I'll play them just like we did Cleveland and Tampa who also figured they could stack the box and stop us. Early on we passed them silly.
Let
Them
COME!

you people can lament all you want.
These "kids" haven't crumbled yet.
They won't crumble now.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #98
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Matty 2 will be OK, and that is all we need him to be. He can't ask for a better situation to come into. He knows the offense, has plenty of time to study the opposing defense, has numerous weapons and a great Oline.

I'm sure the Jags will stuff plenty of guys in the box at first, but once we burn them on a slant pass to AJ, or a screen pass to Foster then they will become a lot more honest.

I'm sure he will make some mistakes, but this running game and D should allow him some breathing room in that case anyway.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #99
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
so What... let them come...
Go ahead... Rush 7 or 8 and leave a well-rested and repaired A.J. in single coverage if you dare.

That's what hot read slants and WR screens are for

If I'm Dennison with two weeks to get a game plan ready, I'll play them just like we did Cleveland and Tampa who also figured they could stack the box and stop us. Early on we passed them silly.
Let
Them
COME!

you people can lament all you want.
These "kids" haven't crumbled yet.
They won't crumble now.
I bet the first play from scrimmage will be a play action to a wide open Andre Johnson. Show them why you shouldn't stack 8 or 9 in the box against this team.
Old 11-14-2011   #100
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Next man up...

The backup QB has one job. Hiding the gaping hole left by the starting QB going down.

If you found your backup QB in some other teams scrap pile then you might be paying for this injury with your job....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read