Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #21
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions for Matt Leinart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv800 View Post
1-5

I thought Wade had saved Kubiak's job. Maybe not so much anymore. If anything good can come of this, hopefully its Kubiak getting fired...finally...

aaaaaannd here come back the haters....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
My bung will be puckered over the next 6 weeks. (I know you probably didn't want to know that..... )
That's an unfortunate word picture.
Old 11-14-2011   #23
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

5-1 revitalizes his career here and we send him to seattle to be reunited with Pete Carroll for 2 2nd round picks..... now wouldnt that be nice
Old 11-14-2011   #24
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2332 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart is basically playing for his career here now. If he cant get it down with this supporting cast he will never get it done.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm trying to look at the bright side on this...... but I know the Jags are licking their chops right now.

Remember Detroit vs Denver? They didn't care about Tebow throwing the ball. That's the way the Jags are going to approach this. They're going to send 7 & 8 until Lienart beats them.
Old 11-14-2011   #26
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

If any injury can come at a good time, and trust me I do not think this is a good injury, it would be now. If it has to be Leinart, at least Kubiak has him for 2 full weeks to work on a game plan that will fit Leinart's skillset.

Matt Leinart is in the perfect system for what he does. This system does not ask allot from it's QB, as long as the running game is on and for the most part, it is on. If he can succeed, it will be under Gary Kubiak and this system. I still think they beat JAX, Carolina and Tennessee, maybe Cicny to clinth this thing...

I remember an out of football grocery bagger that took a St.Louis team to a Super Bowl win once before so stranger things can happen in this league...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #27
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
If any injury can come at a good time, and trust me I do not think this is a good injury, it would be now. If it has to be Leinart, at least Kubiak has him for 2 full weeks to work on a game plan that will fit Leinart's skillset.

Matt Leinart is the perfect system for what he does. This system does not ask allot from it's QB, as long as the running game is on and for the most part, it is on. If he can succeed, it will be under Gary Kubiak and this system.

I remember a out of football grocery bagger that took a St.Louis team to a Super Bowl win once before so stranger things can happen in this league...
Speaking of Kurt Warner... he's available, right?!?!?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2011   #28
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
1-0 in week 11.
This, not looking past week 11.

There are 10 other guys on the field on offense, the Texans are not the Colts. They have actually filled their team with talent and can win games without the QB playing amazing.

Lets remember we field the best defense in the NFL. Those guys have a say in this as well.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #29
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm trying to look at the bright side on this...... but I know the Jags are licking their chops right now.

Remember Detroit vs Denver? They didn't care about Tebow throwing the ball. That's the way the Jags are going to approach this. They're going to send 7 & 8 until Lienart beats them.
I hope they do, the thought was teams would send 8 man fronts when Andre went out and the team still dominated. Andre is coming back...

If Andre was not coming back, i'd be REALLY REALLY worried though.
Old 11-14-2011   #30
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndevine7 View Post
5-1 revitalizes his career here and we send him to seattle to be reunited with Pete Carroll for 2 2nd round picks..... now wouldnt that be nice
To think, he should be in Seattle right now if that original contract he signed went through...

Where would we be now if that happened?
Old 11-14-2011   #31
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mr. Leinart your time is now

There's a reason why Eminem won an Oscar for that song. It's fantastic. I was at the gym the other day and my ipod shuffled to it. I hadn't heard it in a while, and it gave me goosebumps. One of the most inspirational songs ever.

As for Leinart, you are correct: This is it. He's said for a while that he can be a starter in the league. The stakes here are high, and it's time to show he can lead.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #32
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Matt Leinart a better QB than Kubiak was when he was backing up John Elway in Denver?

Not that Kubiak was a bad backup QB, but I think that Leinart is probably better than Kubiak was.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #33
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13211 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Good thing he has two weeks to think about this; otherwise I'd be worried about the amount of pressure he's facing.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #34
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Is Matt Leinart a better QB than Kubiak was when he was backing up John Elway in Denver?

Not that Kubiak was a bad backup QB, but I think that Leinart is probably better than Kubiak was.
You might be right, but I'm not sure it means anything.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #35
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

There must be a reason Leinart passed up a potential starting job in Seattle for a back-up job in Houston.

He must have been learning something, lets put it to good use.
Old 11-14-2011   #36
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got a better arm that Schaub so hopefully we won't see our receivers constantly underthrown. Yates has a better arm than both Matts but thats a diff. topic.
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Lienart had a good rookie season right?

It was just everything after that right? They never got the running game going, then Warner did his thing... right?

Wouldn't that be one hell of a Story if we win the Super Bowl with Lienart?
Old 11-14-2011   #38
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually a ton of posters should be happy now since so many wanted Schaub sent packing. Now they got their wish, and they can see if we're really better after all without him.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #39
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's fine. Denver AND Detroit lack the running game we have. This will be an interesting time for us.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #40
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lienart had a good rookie season right?

It was just everything after that right? They never got the running game going, then Warner did his thing... right?
But then Warner retired, leaving Leinart as the favorite to lead the team the following season.

Leinart then failed to beat out Derek Anderson for the starting job.....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read