Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Predictions for Matt Leinart

1-5

I thought Wade had saved Kubiak's job. Maybe not so much anymore. If anything good can come of this, hopefully its Kubiak getting fired...finally...

I was just about to start this thread...

I think he should do alright. He's wanted his 2nd chance to prove himself and here it is with the best team in the AFC.

I'm just going to have to adjust my way of watching this offense with a lefty leading them down the field. Maybe he'll be our Hostetler/Brady/Reich(sorry to conjure up old ****)...

1-5

I thought Wade had saved Kubiak's job. Maybe not so much anymore. If anything good can come of this, hopefully its Kubiak getting fired...finally...

If we've learned anything about Bob McNair it's that he looks for reasons not to fire Gary.

Losing Schaub would be that reason if the Texans suddenly collapse in his absence.

At any rate, it's time for Leinart to earn his paycheck.
He has had plenty of time to practice with the team.
He has always wanted a chance to show his worth.
I'm gonna give him a chance!

1-5

I think the Colts have proven how important good QB play is, and this is not Gary's fault. Losing your best players for significant time is definitely not Gary's fault. But even at 9-7 (winning two more games) we win the division in my opinion. Then hopefully Schaub's back in those six weeks and we get him for the playoffs.

We kept him for a reason. I have faith in Kubiak's choice of QB, I have faith in Lienart.....

My bung will be puckered over the next 6 weeks. (I know you probably didn't want to know that..... )

This is it for Matt Leinart. He either proves that all the hype coming out of college weren`t all bull*** and that he can be a NFL caliber QB - or he will forever be known as just another bust.

He is in a perfect situation here. With a dominant defense, the leagues best running attack and one of the best O-Lines - and arguably the best receiver of the league coming back - there are no more excuses. He doesn`t have to be Aaron Rodgers - he has to be Alex Smith (the 2011 version). The next 6 game will decide the rest of his career.

Look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip?

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime...

We kept him for a reason. I have faith in Kubiak's choice of QB, I have faith in Lienart.....

My bung will be puckered over the next 6 weeks. (I know you probably didn't want to know that..... )

Kubiak held onto Orlovsky for two years. And this year it seems he's gonna be the first QB to see extensive playing time on two 0-16 teams. Color me sceptical.

As I stated in the other thread, it depends how good Kubiak really is with QBs. If he's as good as advertised, Leinart should be okay.

I think Leinart might take more chances than Schaub does. Let us bow our heads and pray, "Lord, please confirm Matt Leinart has matured in his short tenure as a Texan with good performance on the football field, Amen"

5-1 revitalizes his career here and we send him to seattle to be reunited with Pete Carroll for 2 2nd round picks..... now wouldnt that be nice

Leinart is basically playing for his career here now. If he cant get it down with this supporting cast he will never get it done.

I'm trying to look at the bright side on this...... but I know the Jags are licking their chops right now.

Remember Detroit vs Denver? They didn't care about Tebow throwing the ball. That's the way the Jags are going to approach this. They're going to send 7 & 8 until Lienart beats them.

If any injury can come at a good time, and trust me I do not think this is a good injury, it would be now. If it has to be Leinart, at least Kubiak has him for 2 full weeks to work on a game plan that will fit Leinart's skillset.

Matt Leinart is in the perfect system for what he does. This system does not ask allot from it's QB, as long as the running game is on and for the most part, it is on. If he can succeed, it will be under Gary Kubiak and this system. I still think they beat JAX, Carolina and Tennessee, maybe Cicny to clinth this thing...

I remember an out of football grocery bagger that took a St.Louis team to a Super Bowl win once before so stranger things can happen in this league...

If any injury can come at a good time, and trust me I do not think this is a good injury, it would be now. If it has to be Leinart, at least Kubiak has him for 2 full weeks to work on a game plan that will fit Leinart's skillset.

Matt Leinart is the perfect system for what he does. This system does not ask allot from it's QB, as long as the running game is on and for the most part, it is on. If he can succeed, it will be under Gary Kubiak and this system.

I remember a out of football grocery bagger that took a St.Louis team to a Super Bowl win once before so stranger things can happen in this league...

Speaking of Kurt Warner... he's available, right?!?!?

1-0 in week 11.

This, not looking past week 11.

There are 10 other guys on the field on offense, the Texans are not the Colts. They have actually filled their team with talent and can win games without the QB playing amazing.

Lets remember we field the best defense in the NFL. Those guys have a say in this as well.

I'm trying to look at the bright side on this...... but I know the Jags are licking their chops right now.

Remember Detroit vs Denver? They didn't care about Tebow throwing the ball. That's the way the Jags are going to approach this. They're going to send 7 & 8 until Lienart beats them.

I hope they do, the thought was teams would send 8 man fronts when Andre went out and the team still dominated. Andre is coming back...

If Andre was not coming back, i'd be REALLY REALLY worried though.

5-1 revitalizes his career here and we send him to seattle to be reunited with Pete Carroll for 2 2nd round picks..... now wouldnt that be nice

To think, he should be in Seattle right now if that original contract he signed went through...

Where would we be now if that happened?

There's a reason why Eminem won an Oscar for that song. It's fantastic. I was at the gym the other day and my ipod shuffled to it. I hadn't heard it in a while, and it gave me goosebumps. One of the most inspirational songs ever.

As for Leinart, you are correct: This is it. He's said for a while that he can be a starter in the league. The stakes here are high, and it's time to show he can lead.

Is Matt Leinart a better QB than Kubiak was when he was backing up John Elway in Denver?

Not that Kubiak was a bad backup QB, but I think that Leinart is probably better than Kubiak was.

Good thing he has two weeks to think about this; otherwise I'd be worried about the amount of pressure he's facing.

Is Matt Leinart a better QB than Kubiak was when he was backing up John Elway in Denver?

Not that Kubiak was a bad backup QB, but I think that Leinart is probably better than Kubiak was.

You might be right, but I'm not sure it means anything.

There must be a reason Leinart passed up a potential starting job in Seattle for a back-up job in Houston.

He must have been learning something, lets put it to good use.

He's got a better arm that Schaub so hopefully we won't see our receivers constantly underthrown. Yates has a better arm than both Matts but thats a diff. topic.

Lienart had a good rookie season right?

It was just everything after that right? They never got the running game going, then Warner did his thing... right?

Wouldn't that be one hell of a Story if we win the Super Bowl with Lienart?

Actually a ton of posters should be happy now since so many wanted Schaub sent packing. Now they got their wish, and they can see if we're really better after all without him.

That's fine. Denver AND Detroit lack the running game we have. This will be an interesting time for us.

Mike

Lienart had a good rookie season right?

It was just everything after that right? They never got the running game going, then Warner did his thing... right?

But then Warner retired, leaving Leinart as the favorite to lead the team the following season.

Leinart then failed to beat out Derek Anderson for the starting job.....

Leinart is a very similar QB to what Schaub is. He throws lob passes but is pretty darn accurate. He isn't mobile at all, but he throws with his left hand which will be the hard thing to get used to. If he can get better at his decision making and has matured this might not be the end of the world.

For Schaub bashers that have wanted him gone, they should be stoked right now.

Actually a ton of posters should be happy now since so many wanted Schaub sent packing. Now they got their wish, and they can see if we're really better after all without him.

Honestly I'm not in panic mode.

Texans haven't been passing the ball a lot and it matt2 gets to make some of the same throws that matt1 made I think well be ok.

But I don't remember seeing anyone say that Leinart was better that shammy.

But then Warner retired, leaving Leinart as the favorite to lead the team the following season.

Leinart then failed to beat out Derek Anderson for the starting job.....

Yeah but AZ's oline sucked those years. That was why Warner had to retire, kept getting killed and end up with a concussion.

This Texans team has a much better Oline to protect Leinart than he did in AZ PLUS the Texans have a much, much, much better running game....

In 2 weeks, we will see what kind of miracle worker Kubiak is with QB's

Matt Lienart made a living in college hitting wide open receivers because he had a dominating running game behind him.

The Texans offense is the best in the league at getting receivers open, IMO.

Not only that, but teams will put more emphasis on shutting down our running game, and I think Lienart will have plenty of open looks.

He doesn't have to beat the world, just manage the game.

That should be the main thing that is pounded into his head. YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO WIN A SUPER BOWL IN A SINGLE GAME.

Really, if you think about it, Schaub hasn't really had to do much this year to win games. I can't think of many situations that the game was thrust upon his shoulders, and he had to go out and win it.
I've seen a few mentions of how our running game has taken the emphasis off the passing game, and reduced the number of mistakes Schaub has made.

This situation sucks, but I'm optimistic that the team can carry Lienart through it successfully. Not the other way around.

One thing we are going to miss from Schaub is that he had real comeback ability.

Usually he came back from large holes and the defense failed him. I was looking forward to this as this is a ability we will need in the playoffs against better teams.

Yeah but AZ's oline sucked those years. That was why Warner had to retire, kept getting killed and end up with a concussion.

This Texans team has a much better Oline to protect Leinart than he did in AZ PLUS the Texans have a much, much, much better running game....

In 2 weeks, we will see what kind of miracle worker Kubiak is with QB's

AZ's entire offense may have sucked, but Derek Anderson, drafted in the sixth round from Oregon State, still outperformed a Heisman trophy winning top ten draft pick......

I'm still too shocked at the news to process a prediction at the moment...

We still have a no. 1 defense and a great pair of running backs, so all hope should not be lost.

In Leinart We Trust! :texflag:

AZ's entire offense may have sucked, but Derek Anderson, drafted in the sixth round from Oregon State, still outperformed a Heisman trophy winning top ten draft pick......

The Cardinals aren't exactly known for their QB decisions...in fact it is the one thing that holds them back.

If Kubes likes Matt 2 I like Matt 2. He knows what he's doing with QBs.

Well sometimes when things go wrong, you get on a bad roll - bad gets to worse and you are still a young guy - everything seems to work against you, expectations, O-Line, running game, following a superbowl MVP...

Sometimes you find yourself in a situation you can`t get yourself out of.

And sometimes a change of scenery and the right people can help you get back to yourself, learn and improve. And then there might be the one chance to make it all right again. The one chance to take all the bad stuff and the good stuff and show what you are really made off.

Let`s just hope, that this is the story for Matt Leinart...

Back