Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #361
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub injured (update)***Leinart named starter***

this win with def and run is nice in theory but the QB is going to have to make some plays I mean def & run game can be great but if Matt2 throws 3 picks or holds ball to long gets sacked to kill drives it is all for nothing. Matt2 will be our version of Sanchez NYJ. Win or lose threw him.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #362
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

ALL i know is i have not officially heard anything from the texans that he is out for the season, all this seems to be word of mouth to me. He seemed fine in the post game show and seemed fine playing the rest of the game. All of this may just be getting blown out of proportion since we are now in first place in the AFC.
Old 11-14-2011   #363
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Kurt warner anybody? Maybe somebody can talk him out of retirement. He would be a perfect fit for the system.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #364
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Kurt warner anybody? Maybe somebody can talk him out of retirement. He would be a perfect fit for the system.
There's no way in hell he's coming out of retirement. Don't you think cardinals tried last year?
Old 11-14-2011   #365
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Pretty sure Leinart would be on suicide watch if Warner took his job again.
Old 11-14-2011   #366
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
There's no way in hell he's coming out of retirement. Don't you think cardinals tried last year?
I know they did. Just saying that this is a much better situation. Much much better defense than he had in AZ and it's only half a season. Don't have to go through training camp. And also a great running game to along with the good defense. He would have a hell of a chance to win another Super Bowl with this team.
Old 11-14-2011   #367
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Pretty sure Leinart would be on suicide watch if Warner took his job again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2011   #368
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
All i see is ESPN the only ones who are reporting the season ending thing. Maybe they're just speculating so in case they are right, they are first to report it? I can only hope.
I remember several reports being inaccurate this year about the Texans. Recall the "Leinart to Seahawks" report? Remember the "Walter out for several weeks/season"? He missed 1 game IIRC. People want news, and dramatic stories make headlines. They could be right, but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #369
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I know they did. Just saying that this is a much better situation. Much much better defense than he had in AZ and it's only half a season. Don't have to go through training camp. He would have a hell of a chance to win another Super Bowl with this team.
Do you really think Kurt Warner is in any kind of football shape right now? He's retired and completely done with football. Unlike Favre, he's content with his choice and is probably enjoying his retirement.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #370
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

so... when is Schaub up for a new contract? I saw something the past week or so saying the Texans would work on his extension before the start of next season.
Old 11-14-2011   #371
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Do you really think Kurt Warner is in any kind of football shape right now? He's retired and completely done with football. Unlike Favre, he's content with his choice and is probably enjoying his retirement.
Probably not. But I just don't like Leinart whatsoever. I would rather have 75% of Warner than a 100% of Leinart. I hope Matt proves me wrong but I just don't trust the guy.

I know Warner probably will never come back, just saying that if he did, this would be the perfect fit.
Old 11-14-2011   #372
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's Dave Ragone when you need him?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #373
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Where's Dave Ragone when you need him?
Lol he is receivers coach for the Tacks. Might want to lure him back.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #374
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97roc View Post
so... when is Schaub up for a new contract? I saw something the past week or so saying the Texans would work on his extension before the start of next season.

I think next year is his contract year.
Old 11-14-2011   #375
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
Lol he is receivers coach for the Tacks. Might want to lure him back.
yes lets please do i remember his first start against the jags. Worst game i have ever seen the texans play
Old 11-14-2011   #376
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Schaub injured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
In the other Schaub Injury thread, I tried to prepare you all for something more serious than just a routine mild sprain by pointing out that the boot was not consistent with this type of injury. I suggested that it had to be a more severe Grade II or a Grade III sprain, the latter in which you would need to rule out an accompanying fracture. If it IS a Lisfranc fracture, don't count on Schaub coming back this season.

Non-operative (in the case of a stable fracture) or operative treatment would require 6-8 weeks totally non-bearing. No way does he return then. He would just be beginning rehab at that time. Strengthening takes time, especially after this type of injury which is accompanied by ligament damage.
If the injury requires surgery, Schaub would probably not be allowed to return to sports until the hardware is removed, which is usually not before 3-6 months after the original operation.

A Lisfranc injury can be a devastating injury which can lead to debilitating chronic pain and progressive arthritic problems. I hope that this is not the case.
Just my opinion, we won't see schaub for at least a yr. If we use recent history, some of those guys take 2 yrs. I was in favor of drafting a qb late 1st or 2nd rd. Right now, that should be even more of a priority. Early draft boards have RG3 as 5th best qb and 41st best prospect. If he comes out and is there, you can't get a better situation.
Old 11-14-2011   #377
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26704 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

RGIII is just as brittle.

We need an Elway type in terms of durability..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #378
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
ALL i know is i have not officially heard anything from the texans that he is out for the season, all this seems to be word of mouth to me. He seemed fine in the post game show and seemed fine playing the rest of the game. All of this may just be getting blown out of proportion since we are now in first place in the AFC.
The fact that he went back into the game after the injury and NOW is seeing several specialists AFTER the game, tends to make me believe that he had a stress or undisplaced fracture which commonly may not be picked up on regular x-ray for as long as 10 days. Kubiak even essentially said that the x-ray machine in Reliant is not exactly anything state of the art. But the decision on the basis of not seeing anything on that x-ray (an x-ray at that point only can be considered useful if it positively demonstrates a fracture or at least a separation of bones implying ligament damage.........not when it's negative), the decision was made to let him return to play, instead of playing it on the side of caution and waiting to hopefully obtain a more definitive diagnosis on your valuable QB with more sensitive and reliable testing. The return to play decision in such a case could have easily extended the injury to completion of a stress fracture or ligament tear, or a displacement of an already present recently sustained stress or undisplaced fracture........making surgery the only option.

I don't in any way profess to have all of the facts. But the above turn of events would not surprise me. We will again all have to wait for what facts the Texans finally decide to eventually release.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #379
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

This either goes one of two ways, or I'll be disappointed. Either Leinart shows that he's been hungry for another shot, and has been working this entire time (not just the next 2 weeks) - OR we go after a QB early in the draft next year. If we don't do either, then I'll be very disappointed. Schaub is neither young, an ironman, or exceptionally athletic. His replacement needs to start being groomed. Think Aaron Rogers, with a 3 year sit behind Favre.
Old 11-14-2011   #380
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

How is Leinart's mobility? Is this a strength we can play to?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read