Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #261
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub injured (update)***Leinart named starter***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I hear yahoos calling local radio shows all the time blathering on about hating Schaub and it makes me want to jump through the radio to pimp slap them.

I haven't seen it a whole lot in the forum, but I don't read every single thread.

I've argued that he's top 10 when you objectively look at the 32 starting QBs in the league.

I'm not sure how to process this, though, because the only impression we have on Leinart is less than positive.

And with low confidence in Kubiak, I just can't blindly believe that his judgment about our backup QB will 100% be sound.

Obviously, I certainly hope Kubiak is right in keeping Leinart. It's going to be a much longer two weeks than previously anticipated.
YOu don't remember the multiple threads after the Raiders game?? Hell you'd think we still had Carr out there Schaub was being bashed so bad and being chastised as a loser.

I think Leinart will do alright though DB. He'll have two weeks to prepare and AJ will be coming back. He is an accurate passer and his lob throws are similar to how Schaub lobs his passes. It's not the end of the world as some might think it is in my eyes. I have faith in Matty.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #262
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This is how most Lisfrancs occur. The player is down and another player falls or steps full weight onto the heel of the fallen player.

I bet Haynesworth did this intentionally!!!! J/K...kind of....
Old 11-14-2011   #263
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The team responded to Leinart (last year).
That's why Leinart wanted to come back.

Adjusting plays?
Yes, somewhat.
Play to his strength, left vs right.
Play action wise, movement wise.
I had Steve Young and a back up in SF in the same situation (a righty vs a lefty).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #264
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_ROK View Post
Just saw the breaking news on this and I think I'm going to throw up.

For the love of all that's good and holy in this world, blow that damn Astrodome up and exorcise the demons!!!
this!
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #265
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Imagine if we sign Favre and he gets his ring as a Texan? We'd suddenly become the media's darling team for the rest of time!
And then we go to the super bowl against green bay and Farve beats his old team. That would rattle some heads!

But no way Kubiak parts with his investment in Matt 2.

The Jacksonville game will have a huge showing on how the rest on the season will play out......
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #266
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Leinart any more mobile than Schaub? He's a lefty so that might change things a bit for the O-line. Winston now protects his blind side!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #267
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

who do we bring in to Back up
Brodie Croyle
Chris Simms
Culpepper

i cant think of any one else how about you guys
srrono is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2011   #268
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I have all the faith in the world in Leinart.......(I'm actually trying to convince myself of this) F it!!!! I'm getting hammered tonight! I hope we never run a QB sneak ever again.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #269
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Brodie Croyle
Chris Simms
Culpepper

David Garrard.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #270
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24999 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brodie Croyle
Chris Simms
Culpepper

I say make a call to the cell phone picture freak in Mississippi.
Old 11-14-2011   #271
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I think Schaub's done a pretty damn good job with this team over the years and couldn't understand at all at why folks wanted a multiple season 4,000 yard passer sent packing.
The point discussed was to begin looking for your Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady sleeper pick in the draft over the next few years, bearing in mind Schaub is upgradeable although above average, and also 30 years old. Now, you could find Aaron Rodgers the first time you take a flier on a QB and end up in a difficult situation a couple of years down the line, parting ways with your franchise QB before he's done, or it might take a few attempts before you find your guy and it works out as perfect timing. Heck, it might not work and you'll be left to choose between Kerry Collins and Vince Young for a few years, before getting shot at both of them and having to start a rookie, but you might as well try to get ahead of the game.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #272
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Just as I truly started to believe.... The "inevitable" happens. I am sick... And almost shocked. But its the path we chose as Texans fans. I have zero hope it will actually ever happen now.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #273
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
David Garrard.
Garrard is hurt..... He's not an option.
Old 11-14-2011   #274
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub injured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
In the other Schaub Injury thread, I tried to prepare you all for something more serious than just a routine mild sprain by pointing out that the boot was not consistent with this type of injury. I suggested that it had to be a more severe Grade II or a Grade III sprain, the latter in which you would need to rule out an accompanying fracture. If it IS a Lisfranc fracture, don't count on Schaub coming back this season.

Non-operative (in the case of a stable fracture) or operative treatment would require 6-8 weeks totally non-bearing. No way does he return then. He would just be beginning rehab at that time. Strengthening takes time, especially after this type of injury which is accompanied by ligament damage.
If the injury requires surgery, Schaub would probably not be allowed to return to sports until the hardware is removed, which is usually not before 3-6 months after the original operation.

A Lisfranc injury can be a devastating injury which can lead to debilitating chronic pain and progressive arthritic problems. I hope that this is not the case.
Can't you just lie a little bit? Just take the pain away...
Old 11-14-2011   #275
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18096 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
David Garrard.
he had back surgery
srrono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #276
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamurph View Post
That is awesome!
Old 11-14-2011   #277
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the world had already screwed the texan. AJ out, Mario out . How much more do we have to overcome?!?
Old 11-14-2011   #278
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Garrard is hurt..... He's not an option.
Quote:
he had back surgery
Thanks for clarifying I did not know that.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #279
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

holy moly. sorry to hear this guys.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #280
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I'm the Texans, I invest a high pick on a QB.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read