Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #241
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub injured (update)***Leinart named starter***

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Brown and Winston may switch positions... a lot of teams typically do this with lefties. Whether or not they can implement such a change in 2 weeks, that's another story.
Hell, no. Keep them where they are. Don't change a thing.

This offensive line and its chemistry is one of the things that might be able to save us. (Along with the running game and the defense.)
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #242
PsychoLove
Church Of FSM

Rep Power: 1731 PsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respected

This sucks for the Texans!
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #243
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Defense & running game.....

We sound like the Jaguars..
Yes but they don't really have a good running game this year and don't have Andre Johnson.

Teams can stack the box against the Jags, they can't and won't against the Texans if Andre is out there. They still have to respect the PA also.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #244
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Swelling was noticed when they got into the locker room after the game.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #245
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to see how bad Leinart wants an NFL career.

The league is QB hungry right now, loads of teams in need of an upgrade around so if Leinart can show that he's improved in his time sitting then he has the chance to get a starting job somewhere.

For Texecutioner, I was one of those who had stated that the time for the Texans to look to draft their future starting QB is coming, Schaub has his limitations and while he's good there is the opportunity to upgrade at some stage. The Texans may well have the luxury of spending mid-round picks on developmental QB projects within the next few years, so why the hell wouldn't they start looking? How many teams draft their franchise QB at the first attempt? How many teams wait years behind the likes of Alex Smith while other teams like the Packers or the Pats have maintained success because despite having great QB's they've been grooming the next man up well in advance, I mean, if you can get rid of future HOF Brett Farve and end up with Superbowl rings then you can damn sure try grooming someone behind Matt Schaub.

Don't confuse that with a belief that getting rid of Matt Schaub should be the Texans' top priority right now. Although I'm pleased that on learning this terrible news that could put paid to YOUR teams best shot yet at winning it all, you have found time to point score. Well done Sir.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #246
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I'll take someone who can't toss a ball two feet into a little hole, that is not football.
Hints why it is called and arcade game.

I honestly have no idea how he will do, I could easily see it going either way but this is no indication.
I was only being half serious. The verdict on Leinart is still out and I'll be rooting for him to salvage his career with this opportunity. I say that because all we know about Leinart is that he has sucked in the past and will continue to suck until he shows us otherwise. If he marches us into the playoffs and does the position justice I'll proudly eat a serving of crow the size of Texas and give him earned props. Until then, he is just another doofus, bust QB from SoCal.
Old 11-14-2011   #247
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

What's Favre up to?

I wish i was being sarcastic.
Old 11-14-2011   #248
murdamurph
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 murdamurph is a quality contributor and well respectedmurdamurph is a quality contributor and well respectedmurdamurph is a quality contributor and well respectedmurdamurph is a quality contributor and well respectedmurdamurph is a quality contributor and well respectedmurdamurph is a quality contributor and well respectedmurdamurph is a quality contributor and well respectedmurdamurph is a quality contributor and well respectedmurdamurph is a quality contributor and well respectedmurdamurph is a quality contributor and well respectedmurdamurph is a quality contributor and well respected

murdamurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #249
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Stop putting words.

People have bashed Schaub a lot this season and have wanted him gone or advocated that the Texans find a new QB after this season. Well, they're getting their wish much earlier and now he's gone. I do believe that you were one of them if I'm not mistaken after the Raiders game. I really don't care. Bottom line is that you should be happy now, because Schaub won't be out there.

I'm not happy about this because Schaub has proven to be a damn good good top 10 QB. However, I have confidence in Leinart in this offense and I don't see this as the end of the world. His skill set is very similar to Leinart's skill set and if he can make good decisions and make accurate throws which he has always been as a passer than we should be alright and still be pretty competitive. That's a big "IF" though.
I hear yahoos calling local radio shows all the time blathering on about hating Schaub and it makes me want to jump through the radio to pimp slap them.

I haven't seen it a whole lot in the forum, but I don't read every single thread.

I've argued that he's top 10 when you objectively look at the 32 starting QBs in the league.

I'm not sure how to process this, though, because the only impression we have on Leinart is less than positive.

And with low confidence in Kubiak, I just can't blindly believe that his judgment about our backup QB will 100% be sound.

Obviously, I certainly hope Kubiak is right in keeping Leinart. It's going to be a much longer two weeks than previously anticipated.
Old 11-14-2011   #250
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saw the breaking news on this and I think I'm going to throw up.

For the love of all that's good and holy in this world, blow that damn Astrodome up and exorcise the demons!!!
Old 11-14-2011   #251
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a lot more confidence in Matt than if Dan O was still here
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #252
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm not happy about this because Schaub has proven to be a damn good good top 10 QB. However, I have confidence in Leinart in this offense and I don't see this as the end of the world. His skill set is very similar to Leinart's skill set and if he can make good decisions and make accurate throws which he has always been as a passer than we should be alright and still be pretty competitive. That's a big "IF" though.
So.... you're saying Lienart will struggle, but we'll win the Jags game anyway.. then lose to Atlanta @ home... then win the next 4 to secure home field throughout?

I can go with that.

It's yet to be seen, but Lienart can possibly the best QB on the field for the remaining 6 games of our season.

Thanks Tex for bringing me down to Earth.
Old 11-14-2011   #253
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Obviously, I certainly hope Kubiak is right in keeping Leinart. It's going to be a much longer two week than previously anticipated.
Leinart has his problems, that's for sure. But he's still better than a QB off the street and our 5th round pick, who ever that was. We can still win the division, I'm OK with that. But I don't look for us to last very long in the playoffs once we get there.

Hopefully Hot Tub Boy get's his shit togeather and starts winning.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #254
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Time to see how bad Leinart wants an NFL career.

The league is QB hungry right now, loads of teams in need of an upgrade around so if Leinart can show that he's improved in his time sitting then he has the chance to get a starting job somewhere.

For Texecutioner, I was one of those who had stated that the time for the Texans to look to draft their future starting QB is coming, Schaub has his limitations and while he's good there is the opportunity to upgrade at some stage. The Texans may well have the luxury of spending mid-round picks on developmental QB projects within the next few years, so why the hell wouldn't they start looking? How many teams draft their franchise QB at the first attempt? How many teams wait years behind the likes of Alex Smith while other teams like the Packers or the Pats have maintained success because despite having great QB's they've been grooming the next man up well in advance, I mean, if you can get rid of future HOF Brett Farve and end up with Superbowl rings then you can damn sure try grooming someone behind Matt Schaub.

Don't confuse that with a belief that getting rid of Matt Schaub should be the Texans' top priority right now. Although I'm pleased that on learning this terrible news that could put paid to YOUR teams best shot yet at winning it all, you have found time to point score. Well done Sir.
I think Schaub's done a pretty damn good job with this team over the years and couldn't understand at all at why folks wanted a multiple season 4,000 yard passer sent packing.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #255
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This is how most Lisfrancs occur. The player is down and another player falls or steps full weight onto the heel of the fallen player.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #256
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't see it posted. Schaub out for the season. Not just a few games. Per adam schefter. We had something great going. Now we need a miracle to make it deep. Let alone top the afc south.

I am hoping matt2 can step up
Old 11-14-2011   #257
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon now. We got this.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #258
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Imagine if we sign Favre and he gets his ring as a Texan? We'd suddenly become the media's darling team for the rest of time!
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #259
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaknnndagger View Post
this is how most lisfrancs occur. The player is down and another player falls or steps full weight onto the heel of the fallen player.

ouch!!
Old 11-14-2011   #260
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Leinart has his problems, that's for sure. But he's still better than a QB off the street and our 5th round pick, who ever that was. We can still win the division, I'm OK with that. But I don't look for us to last very long in the playoffs once we get there.

Hopefully Hot Tub Boy get's his shit togeather and starts winning.
If we make the playoffs, I consider this season successful regardless of how it pans out.

At some point, that first playoff season monkey has to get off our back.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read