Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #201
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub injured (update)***Leinart named starter***

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
On the bright side, the schedule still isn't very difficult and if Leinart can at least be average we'll still win the division.

I think Leinart will surprise people, he's no Schaub but i don't think he was given a fair shake in Arizona and think he'll be out to prove he can be a good QB in this league.

Think of it like USC. Foster, Tate at running back, Andre at wide receiver, an abundance of tight ends and solid possession receivers.

If he plays within the offense like he did at USC we can win with him.
I would be ecstatic with average. I'm preparing myself, however, for David Carr levels of disappointment.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #202
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this mean we are going to have to settle for 10 point margins of victory instead of 20?

Seriously though, can Leinart:

Hand the ball off to Foster? Check
Hand the ball off to Tate? Check
Throw a short pass to Foster? Check
Mix in some throws to Dre and Daniels? I believe he can.

I'm actually a little excited to see what kind of game Leinart brings to the table with our starting offense in tact around him. I'll give you a hint, its going to be similar to what we have been doing, RUN RUN RUN RUN PA. And this is coming from a big Schaub fan and someone who thought he might have been having his best season.

I LOVE the fact that the Titans and even the Jags think this is all but eliminating us from the division title. Won't happen. We are still cruising to 1st place. Defense and running game are playing too well and we have legit weapons in the passing game. Now what kind of seeding and how far we go in the playoffs are going to be determined by how well Leinart plays. I hate that we have to wait a week to find out.
Old 11-14-2011   #203
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Team should still be able to win without the better Matt 1.

Matt 2 can't be that bad that he makes everyone else on the team worse. Including the defense.

The Titans, Jags, and Colts still are not better than this team without Schaub currently. I don't expect to make a run at the superbowl though, but I never really expected that this year.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #204
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub injured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Relax bro's, I got this!
Holy crap, this is priceless. Someone needs to turn this picture into a meme that says something like:

"Everybody chill the f#(k out, I got this"
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #205
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Does this mean we are going to have to settle for 10 point margins of victory instead of 20?

Seriously though, can Leinart:

Hand the ball off to Foster? Check
Hand the ball off to Tate? Check
Throw a short pass to Foster? Check
Mix in some throws to Dre and Daniels? I believe he can.

I'm actually a little excited to see what kind of game Leinart brings to the table with our starting offense in tact around him. I'll give you a hint, its going to be similar to what we have been doing, RUN RUN RUN RUN PA. And this is coming from a big Schaub fan and someone who thought he might have been having his best season.

I LOVE the fact that the Titans and even the Jags think this is all but eliminating us from the division title. Won't happen. We are still cruising to 1st place. Defense and running game are playing too well and we have legit weapons in the passing game. Now what kind of seeding and how far we go in the playoffs are going to be determined by how well Leinart plays. I hate that we have to wait a week to find out.
Lol agreed. Those guys are dancing around thinking it's their shot now. Texans ran over both of those teams quite easily.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #206
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Jacoby was just now learning how to catch the ball with a clockwise rotation.. now what is he going to do when the ball is spinning counterclockwise

Hah...I have a friend that played WR in D1, and he said that catching a lefty ball isn't really any different with the exception that it looks weird seeing the guy throw it. I could see how that would still hinder Jacoby though...
Old 11-14-2011   #207
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't remember it being that way at all a few weeks ago. I remember several threads where Schaub was blatantly bashed and discussions centered around the idea that he was a choker and how we needed to draft a new QB in the next season.

Well, now people can see what this team is like without the guy and quite possibly they'll learn to appreciate him even though he isn't some high end clutch guy or elite QB. Or maybe they'll love the new team without him. Only time will tell, but Leinart will be the guy that dictates those decisions unfortunately.
Are you hoping for Lienart to fail just so "we" will see how "good" Schaub really is?

I like Schaub, but I know he has limitations & his arm strength is the least of them.

But can we please..... please, rally around our team?

Success for Lienart = success for this team = success for Houston = success for us fans.
Old 11-14-2011   #208
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Trying to look at this unemotionally which is practically impossible but -
1. Leinart, at one time, had some great skills
2. Kubiak is a QB coaching guru. I think that is true even if I don't believe he is the greatest head coach in the world.
3.If anyone can make Leinart successful in the NFL, it is Kubiak.
4.Given all of the backup QBs we have had, I'd rather put the next few weeks in Leinart's hands than any of the others.

And because I can't really be Little Mary Sunshine -
5. If Schaub can't come back for the play offs we are screwed.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #209
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going on record right now as saying that Matt "Hot Tub" Leinart is gonna EXPLODE over the last six weeks of this season netting us either a first round pick in trade after the season or a legitimate QB controversy.

He's older, he's wiser, and he's in the perfect offense for his abilities. All we've seen him do is play with scrubs and backups in preseason. Now he's going to have the first team offense to work with and two weeks to prepare for his return to prominence in the NFL. This is gonna be the comeback story that Bob McNair wanted to see out of David Carr. It's gonna have everything! Action! Adventure! Thrills! Chills! Women in bikinis! Women no longer in bikinis! Playoff WINS and an eventual Super Bowl victory followed by Matt Leinart standing in front of a camera at mid-field covered in confetti mumbling something about Disneyland while staring at Erin Andrews tits.

I shit you not. This is about to get Crazy-Epic!

When I get home I'm gonna Photoshop Leinart's face over the "Mayhem like me" guy in my avatar. Really "You're good!"
Old 11-14-2011   #210
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's out for the year as per Schefter.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #211
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Jacoby was just now learning how to catch the ball with a clockwise rotation.. now what is he going to do when the ball is spinning counterclockwise

Maybe a lefty is what Jacoby needed all along?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #212
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I wonder what Sage is up to?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #213
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2331 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Texans quarterback Matt Schaub is out for the season with a lis franc injury. Matt Leinart from here on in.

omg why why why
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #214
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are all going into panic mode way too easily. Think about all the guys we lost this year and how we have gotten better as a team each time they go down! We obviously have the best depth in the NFL and should be a lock for the #1 or #2 seed now!

Old 11-14-2011   #215
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael_Fabiano Michael Fabiano
Report: Matt Schaub is done for the season.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #216
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Filed to ESPN: Texans quarterback Matt Schaub is out for the season with a lis franc injury. Matt Leinart from here on in.

omg why why why
Yeah that was what I was fearing. Yeah well screw it. Matt Leinart for comeback player of the year.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #217
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm going on record right now as saying that Matt "Hot Tub" Leinart is gonna EXPLODE over the last six weeks of this season netting us either a first round pick in trade after the season or a legitimate QB controversy.

He's older, he's wiser, and he's in the perfect offense for his abilities. All we've seen him do is play with scrubs and backups in preseason. Now he's going to have the first team offense to work with and two weeks to prepare for his return to prominence in the NFL. This is gonna be the comeback story that Bob McNair wanted to see out of David Carr. It's gonna have everything! Action! Adventure! Thrills! Chills! Women in bikinis! Women no longer in bikinis! Playoff WINS and an eventual Super Bowl victory followed by Matt Leinart standing in front of a camera at mid-field covered in confetti mumbling something about Disneyland while staring at Erin Andrews tits.

I shit you not. This is about to get Crazy-Epic!

When I get home I'm gonna Photoshop Leinart's face over the "Mayhem like me" guy in my avatar. Really "You're good!"
And the congregation said "Amen".
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #218
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I mean damn, we went from talking about having the number one seed in the playoffs, to losing our starting QB for the season in the same day. I swear this literally ruined my day.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #219
TheCD
All Pro

A little something to calm us all down...

Old 11-14-2011   #220
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5prn...eature=related

This is what we've gotten ourselves into. ****
I'll take someone who can't toss a ball two feet into a little hole, that is not football.
Hints why it is called and arcade game.

I honestly have no idea how he will do, I could easily see it going either way but this is no indication.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read