Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #181
BattleRedSnoop
Rookie

Default Re: Schaub injured?

This news was a TREMENDOUS blow to me. It came out of nowhere. I knew I heard somethin about a walking boot but I didn't pay too much mind to it. But when this news just got back to me it feels like someone punched me dead in my stomach. I can't believe it. Some people may hate on Schaub but he is a key element.

But looking on a positive side if things:

We have arguably the best running back duo in the league. Both backs on the verge of going over 1,000 yards. Our WHOLE O-Line should make the Pro Bowl. Andre is on the way back and the number ONE defense in the league! STINGY defense!

It's another injury test we have to pass. Arian was out but we got through. We lost Andre and Mario and we got through on BOTH sides of the ball. Andre is on the way back then we lose Schaub. We'll pass this test too. This can be a time that Matt Leinart can prove himself and possibly save his career. He was supposed to be somebody in the league if I'm correct. Let's just pray for the best and a speedy recovery.

Go Texans. 7-3
BattleRedSnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #182
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Schaub injured (update)***Leinart named starter***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Even if Leinart pans out ok, I think we are missing the bigger problem:

Eric Winston is now our blindside tackle in pass protection.
Brown and Winston may switch positions... a lot of teams typically do this with lefties. Whether or not they can implement such a change in 2 weeks, that's another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #183
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

reposting this because it was the last one of the page and probably will get missed

Quote:
1st-10, HOU5 1:39 Houston committed 2 yard penalty
1st-12, HOU3 1:36 A. Foster rushed to the right for 2 yard loss
2nd-14, HOU1 1:31 M. Schaub rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain
3rd-13, HOU2 1:27 A. Foster rushed up the middle for 2 yard gain
4th-11, HOU4 0:28 B. Hartmann punt. P. Parker returned punt for 11 yards
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore...027&page=plays
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #184
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody keeps saying Andre's playing vs Jacksonville. Yeah yeah, show me a link please...
Old 11-14-2011   #185
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Well this should make a ton of posters in here very happy since so many folks have wanted Matt Schaub sent packing. You guys that hate Matt Schaub are getting your wish now, and you're going to see what the Texans look like without a top 10 QB.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #186
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5prn...eature=related

This is what we've gotten ourselves into. ****
Old 11-14-2011   #187
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Even if Leinart pans out ok, I think we are missing the bigger problem:

Eric Winston is now our blindside tackle in pass protection.

To me that spells trouble more than anything else.

Troll/facepalm post of the day (hopefully century):

Anyone know if Carr is available....
Actually.....this is the best point made so far in this thread and has taken away most of my optimism...

Forgot that Leinart is a lefty...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2011   #188
Roadtrip635
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Roadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thought of Leinart taking the field makes me queasy. Would the league let Schaub play using one of those Rascal Scooters?
Roadtrip635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #189
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why why why!?

Is this a joke? This SUCKS!!!

Hey Houston, you are 7-3 and going into a bye week, time to lose another one of your best players not to mention your starting QB.

I really hope he can be back in time for the playoffs and Leinart comes up big in the mean time.
imatexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #190
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Fortunately our division is pretty weak. Even with Schaub out, we should still be able to handle Jacksonville, Indy, and Tennessee. We have a pretty simple schedule left and we still have an awesome rushing attack. Hopefully Leinart can manage the game well.

It's gonna be a long two weeks until we find out what Leinart can actually do.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #191
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well this should make a ton of posters in here very happy since so many folks have wanted Matt Schaub sent packing. You guys that hate Matt Schaub are getting your wish now, and you're going to see what the Texans look like without a top 10 QB.
Again, I don't think that's what the Anti-Schaub group was proposing. They knew how important he was to the team this year, and were more worried about long term.

Obviously, if Schaub were to be sent packing, another QB would already be here to take his place.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #192
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

well hell, if Alex Smith can lead the damn 49ers, I can't see why Matty can't hold the fort
Old 11-14-2011   #193
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Brown and Winston may switch positions... a lot of teams typically do this with lefties. Whether or not they can implement such a change in 2 weeks, that's another story.
I have a pretty good deal of faith that the offensive minds can scheme well enough to handle the switch to a lefty.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #194
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

On the bright side, the schedule still isn't very difficult and if Leinart can at least be average we'll still win the division.

I think Leinart will surprise people, he's no Schaub but i don't think he was given a fair shake in Arizona and think he'll be out to prove he can be a good QB in this league.

Think of it like USC. Foster, Tate at running back, Andre at wide receiver, an abundance of tight ends and solid possession receivers.

If he plays within the offense like he did at USC we can win with him.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #195
Wolf
100% Texan

Jacoby was just now learning how to catch the ball with a clockwise rotation.. now what is he going to do when the ball is spinning counterclockwise

Old 11-14-2011   #196
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub injured?

Relax bro's, I got this!
Old 11-14-2011   #197
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Line play is my weak area, so I don't know that much. But I have read that linemen tend to like to play to a side that feels more natural to them. Don't know if that would change swapping the tackles, but I can see how pass blocking a guy coming from your right would be miles different than from your left in terms of how you're using your body to combat bull rushes/swim moves/etc.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #198
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
Again, I don't think that's what the Anti-Schaub group was proposing. They knew how important he was to the team this year, and were more worried about long term.

Obviously, if Schaub were to be sent packing, another QB would already be here to take his place.
I don't remember it being that way at all a few weeks ago. I remember several threads where Schaub was blatantly bashed and discussions centered around the idea that he was a choker and how we needed to draft a new QB in the next season.

Well, now people can see what this team is like without the guy and quite possibly they'll learn to appreciate him even though he isn't some high end clutch guy or elite QB. Or maybe they'll love the new team without him. Only time will tell, but Leinart will be the guy that dictates those decisions unfortunately.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #199
myktek2
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 myktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respectedmyktek2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubes needs to take notes from Denver....

If the QB can't throw, don't let him!
I think we can run the option/veer or wishbone....
myktek2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #200
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We should have collectively felt this coming as Houston football fans.

7-3 is a historic record with this franchise. It was too good to be true for long.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read