Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2011   #21
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Probably on pace to lead the league in yards from scrimmage.
I hope Kubes tales a lesson from Terrel davis and starts to limit Foster's touches. Keep him around 300 total and there's some longevity there. Over that and Foster has a high probabality of a short career.
The Broncos didn't have a luxury like Ben Tate backing up Terrell Davis.
Ben Tate should help to extend Arian's career.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #22
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I just want to take a moment to thank the guys who passed on Foster in my fantasy draft. I think I'll take a moment to quote myself the moment I hit the draft button...

"HA!"
Additionally, I believe we'd all like to thank the 31 teams who passed on him in the real NFL draft seven distinct times, allowing the Texans to sign the guy who may wind up being the undisputed best undrafted free agent in NFL history.

HA!

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #23
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome - love that guy. And B. Tate and Ward too.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Additionally, I believe we'd all like to thank the 32 teams who passed on him in the real NFL draft seven distinct times, allowing the Texans to sign the guy who may wind up being the undisputed best undrafted free agent in NFL history.

HA!

Fixed it for ya....
Old 11-17-2011   #25
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Fixed it for ya....
Yep. I'd thought of that. But, thankfully, not all 32 teams passed on him completely.

Phew!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #26
texanway
Rookie

Rep Power: 73 texanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Probably on pace to lead the league in yards from scrimmage.
I hope Kubes tales a lesson from Terrel davis and starts to limit Foster's touches. Keep him around 300 total and there's some longevity there. Over that and Foster has a high probabality of a short career.
I love how Kubes mixes in all the backs. You look at someone like Adrian Peterson who gets the ball every single down and you wonder how long he's going to last for. He's a rare breed so it's hard to tell. In terms of Foster, Tate and even Ward take a lot of the beatings on Foster's behalf. It's going to really help his longevity throughout his career.
texanway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

This is a good read, check it out:

Quote:
But Foster, given his stunning breakout last season, would seem to be the least patient with the arrangement. His modest free-agent deal expires when the season ends, and he’s seeking a windfall.

One for all, all for one

So you’d think he would be demanding the ball every down.

“No. Hell no,” he said. “I don’t have an ego … at least not a big one. I’m just not that into myself. (Sharing the load with Tate and Ward) will keep me fresher. We’ve got a long way to go.”

Foster is on pace to gain 1,184 yards, compared to 1,616 in 2010.

But Tate’s 10-game numbers factor out to 1,066 over 16, up from zero a year ago. Together, that’s 2,250 yards, exactly what Carolina’s Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams combined for in 2009 to become the NFL’s most prolific thousand-yard duo.

“Matt (Leinart) will be fine,” Foster said. “We’ll keep the pressure off him if we just keep doing what we’ve been doing.”

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read