Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster Fun Fact

Foster Turns Short Pass Into Another Long TD

From Elias: Arian Foster caught a short pass and turned it into his second 78-yard touchdown reception this season in the Texans' 37-9 victory at Tampa.
The last running back to score on two pass plays of 75 yards or longer in the same season was Gale Sayers as a rookie for the Bears in 1965.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12497/arian-foster
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster Fun Fact

Impressive name. After last week Foster is statistically linked to two more HOF players in addition to Sayers.
Quote:
RB Arian Foster joined elite company in Sunday's win over the Buccaneers. With four catches and 102 yards, he became the first back to record three 100-yard receiving days since Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk did it with the Colts in 1998. Foster's 78-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter made him the first RB since Walter Payton (1983) to record two 70-yard touchdown catches in the same season.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/16117006

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Impressive name. After last week Foster is statistically linked to two more HOF players in addition to Sayers. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/16117006
Nice.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #4
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Another footnote to add when his agent negotiates his new deal. And I hope he gets paid, the man deserves it.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #5
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What I love the most about Foster is not only how he's handled the contract thing, but also how he's shown to be a great teammate with Ben Tate. I'm sure there is competition but he's handled it with class. He deserves the big pay day. All I have to do is look at Peyton Hillis to see how lucky we were to get Foster.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #7
texanway
Rookie

Rep Power: 73 texanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respected

you think he has a better receiving game than Matt Forte? it's pretty close...
texanway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2011   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanway View Post
you think he has a better receiving game than Matt Forte? it's pretty close...
They're both deadly in space.

Forte -- 42 receptions, 439 yards, 1 TD, long 56 yds
Foster -- 31 receptions, 445 yards, 2 TD, long 78 yds

I think Foster's going to see the ball a lot more with Leinart as QB so his production should go up (although his ypc will probably go down.)

I prefer Foster but I'm admittedly biased.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #9
texanway
Rookie

Rep Power: 73 texanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
They're both deadly in space.

Forte -- 42 receptions, 439 yards, 1 TD, long 56 yds
Foster -- 31 receptions, 445 yards, 2 TD, long 78 yds

I think Foster's going to see the ball a lot more with Leinart as QB so his production should go up (although his ypc will probably go down.)

I prefer Foster but I'm admittedly biased.
if Foster didn't miss 3 games, he would probably have 45+ receptions.
texanway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanway View Post
if Foster didn't miss 3 games, he would probably have 45+ receptions.
Good point. I didn't take that into account.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to take a moment to thank the guys who passed on Foster in my fantasy draft. I think I'll take a moment to quote myself the moment I hit the draft button...

"HA!"

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #12
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just want to take a moment to thank the guys who passed on Foster in my fantasy draft. I think I'll take a moment to quote myself the moment I hit the draft button...

"HA!"
The dumbest guy in the league drafted right before me, I was praying that he would do something stupid (like he always does) but he took Foster and I ended up with Jamaal Charles.

Old 11-16-2011   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Epic names mentioned in conjunction with Foster. That's awesome. Hopefully these are little footnotes in an eventual Hall of Fame career as a Houston Texan. I'd love to see no. 23 retired someday and up in the rafters next to no. 80.
Old 11-16-2011   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

More fun facts: Miami was the only game so far this year where Arian didn't have over 100 total yards.

6 out of the 8 games Foster has played in this year, he has had at least 100 yards rushing or receiving.

Arian had 100 yards rushing & 100 yards receiving in the same game for the first time in his career this season. It was against the Titans in a 41-7 win.
Old 11-16-2011   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

"HA!"
In my draft, everyone said I was nuts when I took him 4th. I passed on Charles and CJ4pointsagame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
More fun facts: Miami was the only game so far this year where Arian didn't have over 100 total yards.

6 out of the 8 games Foster has played in this year, he has had at least 100 yards rushing or receiving.

Arian had 100 yards rushing & 100 yards receiving in the same game for the first time in his career this season. It was against the Titans in a 41-7 win.
WOuld have done it twice, but Tampa was beaten into submission and we didn't need him any more.
Old 11-16-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Foster Turns Short Pass Into Another Long TD

From Elias: Arian Foster caught a short pass and turned it into his second 78-yard touchdown reception this season in the Texans' 37-9 victory at Tampa.
The last running back to score on two pass plays of 75 yards or longer in the same season was Gale Sayers as a rookie for the Bears in 1965.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12497/arian-foster
Wait. What?
You mean it wasn't

Reggae Bush??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

"HA!"
I got away with that last year.
I picked him up in the 3rd round and everyone was like

because everyone thought that was too high for an UDFA who'd only had 3 starts...

...that is, until we played Indy....
then I was like...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Wait. What?
You mean it wasn't

Reggae Bush??
Old 11-16-2011   #19
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

and would be on pace to lead the league in rushing again
Old 11-16-2011   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
and would be on pace to lead the league in rushing again
Probably on pace to lead the league in yards from scrimmage.
I hope Kubes tales a lesson from Terrel davis and starts to limit Foster's touches. Keep him around 300 total and there's some longevity there. Over that and Foster has a high probabality of a short career.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read