Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2011   #1
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default things have been nice

but what happens when we fall behind. does schaub have it in him? not trying to be negative but sooener or later someone will get a jump on us.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: things have been nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
but what happens when we fall behind. does schaub have it in him? not trying to be negative but sooener or later someone will get a jump on us.
We were behind vs New Orleans & Oakland. I think Schaub looked good if not great in those situations.

At the time, I was upset with him, but after rewatching the games, especially the Oakland game Schaub was balin'
Old 11-13-2011   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
The Texans have showed us they are a good team and have finally gotten past their demons. I'm not so much worry about a melt down by the team after a loss, but a melt down by the fans in here.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #4
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on how far behind we are, the good teams keep it close so they can go for the win in the end. And that's where I have reservations about Schaub. 2 minute offense towards the end of the game needing score to win or tie, Schaub does not have a long resume. And the ones I remember are bad (Ravens last year).
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #5
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker View Post
Depends on how far behind we are, the good teams keep it close so they can go for the win in the end. And that's where I have reservations about Schaub. 2 minute offense towards the end of the game needing score to win or tie, Schaub does not have a long resume. And the ones I remember are bad (Ravens last year).
You mean the game where he lead us back from a bunch in the 4th?

Yeah he threw the pick six in OT but don't forget the hell of a comeback.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have a ZBS line and Chris Meyers at center. You don't call a pass play and have your QB throwing out of the endzone in OT when your RB could pound it all day from there. That was Kubiak's fault. TERRIBLE PLAY CALL.

TERRIBLE!

I'll throw in that if Schaub hadn't balled in that 4th Qtr. we wouldn't have been in OT in that game.

Last edited by HJam72; 11-13-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: speeling
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I still think the Washington game 2010 Schaub is coming....just not sure when.
Old 11-13-2011   #8
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

Whether you want to pin the blame on Schaub or Kubiak, I still am leery about the 2 minute offense late in the game to win or tie. That's one question mark that's still in my mind.
Old 11-13-2011   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We were behind vs New Orleans & Oakland. I think Schaub looked good if not great in those situations.

At the time, I was upset with him, but after rewatching the games, especially the Oakland game Schaub was balin'
A great performance from your QB in those situations result in W's.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Somebody has to catch the ball.

Leon can't do everything.

Old 11-13-2011   #11
Playmaker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
You mean the spectacular jump ball that Andre caught? Until I see that on a more consistent basis from Schaub to a different receiver, I'm going to have to say Andre was being Andre on that exchange.

Hey look I'm not asking for the reincarnation of John Elway, and asking Schaub to do the Drive Part III, but seeing is believing and need to see Schaub (and the Texans) be in those game situations more and coming out on top before I remove my doubts.
Old 11-13-2011   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is no Brady, but I think the D in year's past has made his successes a moot point and he can't make the game winning drive 3 times in the same game. Maybe he will get it done this year and it will count.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #13
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Or the green bay Schaub that led us to a frigid winter win against a solid green bay team. He has plenty if awesome games like the TD run a few years back against Miami. Schaub has played from behind to win games and keep us in games we should have been dominated in.

Either the majority of fans complaining are new to the team and never saw his highlight performances, or they only remember the negative things because they are harder to forget.

Schaub is better than most fans give him credit for.
Old 11-13-2011   #14
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Come on now, this is not 1 v 11 here.

Wait until we have Schaub on the field with both Foster and AJ. Just having Manning, Brees, Rogers, or Brady on the field without weapons doesn't mean they would win those games either.

With weapons helping the QB then it is not on one person to win the game.
Old 11-13-2011   #15
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean the spectacular jump ball that Andre caught? Until I see that on a more consistent basis from Schaub to a different receiver, I'm going to have to say Andre was being Andre on that exchange.

Hey look I'm not asking for the reincarnation of John Elway, and asking Schaub to do the Drive Part III, but seeing is believing and need to see Schaub (and the Texans) be in those game situations more and coming out on top before I remove my doubts.
I disagree completely. That play was amazing on BOTH players' parts. Schaub showed pocket awareness and some amazing movement to buy time, and then delivered a perfect pass that ONLY his all-world WR could get.

It makes no sense to discredit the pass based on who he was passing to. If it did, then he should be getting extra credit for making due with the receiving corps we've been working with these last few games with AJ out.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #16
BlueSteel
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I disagree completely. That play was amazing on BOTH players' parts. Schaub showed pocket awareness and some amazing movement to buy time, and then delivered a perfect pass that ONLY his all-world WR could get.

It makes no sense to discredit the pass based on who he was passing to. If it did, then he should be getting extra credit for making due with the receiving corps we've been working with these last few games with AJ out.
Then he should have built up plenty of extra credit for 2007 when we had Ron Dayne running the ball for us and Schaub still had an amazing year with AJ out for half the season. All the teams knew we were passing that year and they still couldn't stop him.
Old 11-13-2011   #17
Playmaker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post

Sure I'll give Schaub credit too; 35% to him and 65% to Andre. Any other receiver Schaub throws that pass to it will be incomplete or intercepted.

If you guys are sold on Schaub as your Captain Comeback Kid, then great but excuse me while I still hold reservation.
Old 11-13-2011   #18
BlueSteel
Veteran

Quote:
Sure I'll give Schaub credit too; 35% to him and 65% to Andre. Any other receiver Schaub throws that pass to it will be incomplete or intercepted.
99% of statistics are totally made up on the spot.
Old 11-13-2011   #19
Playmaker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
99% of statistics are totally made up on the spot.
You made that up.
Old 11-13-2011   #20
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
schaub did the 2 min O well all last yr..... the D gave it up, that problem has been solved. A healthy AJ back in the mix bodes well for us even if someone does jump out in front of us. Keep in mind dude has thrown for 9000+ yrds in the last two seasons. I really don't get anyone who says schaub is not a good QB or is a potential "weak link". He might not be the best in the nfl but he is more than good enough to help us win in those situations.... THE TEXANS ARE THE MOST COMPLETE TEAM IN THE NFL!!!!!! GO TEXANS!!!! SHAKE DEM HATERS OFF!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read