Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2011   #21
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 11/13. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thre

There's some good stuff on their board.

Quote:
Re: The Official Game Day Thread: Buccaneers vs Texans, 13 Nov 2011 @ 1 pm.
#12 : Today at 08:43:50 AM
Can't be a homer today. Not feeling it. Sorry.

Texans - 41
Bucs - 24
They are predicting a higher score than we are.

Quote:

Re: The Official Game Day Thread: Buccaneers vs Texans, 13 Nov 2011 @ 1 pm.
#20 : Today at 10:20:05 AM
I wish Andre Johnson was playing so Talib could get angry, mush his face mask like he does to a WR every game. because Im sure Andre would beat his ass like he did courtland finnegan last year. that would be great to watch. maybe a good ass whoopin is what Talib needs

Last edited by TejasTom; 11-13-2011 at 10:07 AM.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #22
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 11/13. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
For the record, I do not believe the Bucs are real competitiors. I think 2010 was the product of a weak schedule for them. I said as much last season. I don't believe in Freeman, I don't believe in Morris.

I think Blount is going to be a challenge, we'll see if he is for real today. I'm leaning towards NOT!!

We're going to beat the Bucs...... badly.
Rightfully or wrongfully, isn't this the same thing that is being said by many this year about the Texans?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #23
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Texans!!!
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #24
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

A bigger game than it looks.

Bucs are not a trash team, especially at home. If this team wants to prove to everyone that they belong at the top of the AFC and are not just there because of playing in a easy division and a easy schedule they need to win tough games like this.

Why do I say it's tough? Because the Bucs are a average team, but average teams at home are not easy wins, even for elite teams.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #25
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got this from the Buc's board, but it applies to all....

40 Inspirational Speeches in 2 Minutes

Old 11-13-2011   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Rightfully or wrongfully, isn't this the same thing that is being said by many this year about the Texans?
It is... I can't wait to see the Texans' next year.

But, we started the year with a +.500 schedule & we don't know how it's going to shake out. Pittsburgh will probably end up with a winning schedule, the Titans too.

We've still got games against Atlanta & Cincy & we aren't just beating the bad teams on our schedule, we're dominating them.

The Jet's went 9-7 versus virtually the same schedule we did in 2009 (just like us) but they went on a play-off run to the AFCG & we didn't.

If we make that push, that will also differentiate this team from the 2010 Buccaneers.
Old 11-13-2011   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
A bigger game than it looks.

Bucs are not a trash team, especially at home. If this team wants to prove to everyone that they belong at the top of the AFC and are not just there because of playing in a easy division and a easy schedule they need to win tough games like this.

Why do I say it's tough? Because the Bucs are a average team, but average teams at home are not easy wins, even for elite teams.
I think the biggest aspect of this game is that we have to maintain a lead on Tennessee. If we lose, Tennessee wins, we're only a half game ahead.

We need to widen that lead.
Old 11-13-2011   #28
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Harris active for this game?? I didn't see him on the inactives list
Old 11-13-2011   #29
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just heard Fat Albert is getting the start. He's always had a thing for putting Schaub down so should we expect the old Albert to showup or the more recent "boating might get in the way of football focus" Albert?
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #30
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Wow.
Old 11-13-2011   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteANDblue View Post
Jjo has a hamstring..... he'll probably play, but you know how hamstrings are.

JAllen has a knee.... also expected to play, but don't know how affective.

Harris is most likely going to be active just in case.
Old 11-13-2011   #32
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

So, it's a slow morning here so I flipped on the 610 pre-game show. Holy shit is this ****ing horrible. My god it maybe the worst radio i've listened to in many a year. I'll just patiently wait for the game to start. What a horrible call on my part.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #33
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

All righty then. Got the munchies ready. Beers on ice. Pick 'em is complete.

Rockin' my Liberty White #99 Watt jersey.

Ready for some Houston Texans Football!!

Go Texans! Own the Bucs!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
So, it's a slow morning here so I flipped on the 610 pre-game show. Holy shit is this ****ing horrible. My god it maybe the worst radio i've listened to in many a year. I'll just patiently wait for the game to start. What a horrible call on my part.
I like 610..... especially on Monday's.... Matt Schaub comes on early, Kubiak @3:30, plus NDKalu is the only real person on the radio with real insight to the Texans' Locker room.

Plus they'll talk to Kubiak & Smith before the game & Bum Phillips after the game.

790 is good on Tuesday, I think that's when Zierlines Dad breaks down the game. Any day between noon & 4 belong to 790 as they stay local where 610 & 97.5 fm go national.

97.5fm @4:00 is time to "Put'em up!!"
Old 11-13-2011   #35
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the type of game past texans teams lose.

If we can win this game today my confidence in the team will be sky high.

This isn't a terrible bucs team, they are at home, they have some good talent on almost all levels.

It will take a lot of focus and clean play to beat these guys today.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
This is the type of game past texans teams lose.

If we can win this game today my confidence in the team will be sky high.

This isn't a terrible bucs team, they are at home, they have some good talent on almost all levels.

It will take a lot of focus and clean play to beat these guys today.
Most importantly, they won't quit. Coasting in the second half isn't going to get it done.

It's also a must win for Tampa Bay
Old 11-13-2011   #37
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I like 610..... especially on Monday's.... Matt Schaub comes on early, Kubiak @3:30, plus NDKalu is the only real person on the radio with real insight to the Texans' Locker room.

Plus they'll talk to Kubiak & Smith before the game & Bum Phillips after the game.

790 is good on Tuesday, I think that's when Zierlines Dad breaks down the game. Any day between noon & 4 belong to 790 as they stay local where 610 & 97.5 fm go national.

97.5fm @4:00 is time to "Put'em up!!"
610 is national from 11-2, at 2 j&r come on.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #38
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Here We Go!
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #39
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 25813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Dear gods of Dust Bunnies and Puppy Dog Tails (I know longer beseech the one true God concerning football matters, for though he may care about all men, he has proved time and again that he cares nothing about sports. Also, the Gridiron god does nothing but laugh in our faces; therefore Ill try something new),

I implore you, on my birthday, to see the Texans through a victory today. It is not for me who I ask, but instead for the hungry huddled masses of this great country of Texas, who not only deserve a winning season, but all the Kool-Aid we can possibly drink. Only can I comfortably sip and know this team is for real if they come away with a victory today. I love them, oh gods, you know I do, but give me a sign that the buy week will be a happy one.

Forgive me of my sins. I know I was in New Orleans last year when Glover Quin gift wrapped one for another Florida team. So, forgive me, please.

I know we are supposed to pray for our enemies, but this time may the Tampa Bay fans burn in Hell, for just this one day. Lords, you know they cannot sell out their stadium, and they cant even maintain a respectable message board; so they deserve this. Sure, they have the Salvador Dali Museum, but we have the Orange Show.

Amen.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #40
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hamburgers...ready.
Lucky shirt....on.
Face....unshaven.

Let's do it!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read