Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2011   #1
incubry
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 incubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respectedincubry is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hardcore TEXANS fans demonstrate outside of South Texas CBS affiliate...

As per my previous thread...KGBT-TV CBS in the Rio Grande Valley committed to showing Texans/Bucs game...
Had the options to show cowboy game...

Took a viewer poll to vote on which game to show and THE TEXANS WON THAT POLL BY OVER 200 VOTES and still decided to show the cowboys game anyway!?!?

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=685475

“Let’s go Texans, let’s go!” chanted at least six demonstrators lined up outside our KGBT-4 studio in Harlingen.

The small group, proudly wearing their Texan jerseys and holding a Texan flag, set-up a sound system equipped with a microphone and four speakers to make their voices heard regarding KGBT-4’s decision to broadcast the Dallas Cowboy game this Sunday instead of the Texan game.

KGBT-4 received hundreds of calls, emails, and Facebook comments this week from both Cowboy and Texan fans demanding their games be shown.

“The overwhelming reaction to Action 4’s decision to air the Dallas Cowboys game on Sunday over the Houston Texans demonstrates the passion and spirit football fans in the Valley hold for their favorite teams” said KGBT President/CEO Tom Keeler.

The demonstrators said they were upset over a poll placed on Action 4’s Facebook page earlier this week.

They said “Texans clearly won, and we are not leaving until the decision is changed” said Kru Kayan Sitsanthaparn.

The final decision was made following lengthy discussions amongst the management team.

“After considerable thought and discussion about previous audience delivery levels, it was decided to broadcast the Cowboys and serve the majority’s viewing interests in the Valley” said Keeler.

The protest about a football game comes as the nation honors those who fought for our freedom on Veterans Day.

However, the group’s leader said “the flag is proudly displaying the freedom that we have.”

The staff welcomed the demonstrated and even purchased them lunch, but the Harlingen Police Department arrived and made them relocate off the frontage road on to KGBT property for safety reasons.
incubry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hardcore TEXANS fans demonstrate outside of South Texas CBS affiliate...

All three fans brought a tear to my eye!

Seriously though, good for them!!
Old 11-11-2011   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hardcore TEXANS fans demonstrate outside of South Texas CBS affiliate...

I'm sure by halftime, Cowboy fans will be wishing they showed The Texans.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait, I wasn't there......misleading title!

Way to represent!

I'd like to send those guys a free car magnet.
Old 11-11-2011   #5
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone posted this

"defiant1 said: 45 minutes ago
So let me get this straight- Every sunday, Texans fans faithfully watch channel 4 to see the Texans play. Cowboys fans tune in to Fox...another station. However, this weekend because of scheduling, CBS has both games. Channel 4, in all its wisdom, tells a faithful group of viewers "screw you" they're gonna show something else and accommodate a group of viewers who don't regularly tune in. Jeez thanks, your devotion to your viewers knows no bounds. Well at least we'll be able to see the highlights of the game in 'glorious standard definition' on Action 4 News. Jeez, no wonder you have to buy viewers with "fast cash."
Reply | Report Abuse"

I couldnt agree more. I would say the same for keye here in Austin but we all in the Austin area already know they are a bunch of jackholes over there. I know Texas is cowgirl terrritory for the most part and at least its not in favor or VY and the TITS but come one. We are doing really well, Cowboys barely beat the Seahawks.
ATRAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #6
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw CBS, they are all in Jerry Jones' pocket anyways!
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #7
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Im from the valley and I would say I would be there right now if I still lived there!!!! GO TEXANS!!
ATRAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2011   #8
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sigh. I hate to go down this road, but, this is what happens when you accept meidocrity from your coaching staff. I told a buddy of mine two years ago that if Bob McNair didn't start to present a solid team that he would not be able to build a fan base and that he would continue to lose tv markets. And trust me: sports is ALL about television markets.

Now, that's exactly what has happened.

Still, I don't blame them for protesting. The station insulted viewers by having a poll and then going against the results.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #9
midgetonadonkey
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 midgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVP

I'll just watch the game online. It's not a big deal.
Old 11-11-2011   #10
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Occupy KGBT-4!

Texans style.

All we need is some tuberculosis and prostitutes.
Kthx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ooops. I posted in the other thread. Yeah, I've seen this show from CBS before. Give 'em pure Hell, guys.
Old 11-11-2011   #12
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Sigh. I hate to go down this road, but, this is what happens when you accept meidocrity from your coaching staff. I told a buddy of mine two years ago that if Bob McNair didn't start to present a solid team that he would not be able to build a fan base and that he would continue to lose tv markets. And trust me: sports is ALL about television markets.

Still, I don't blame them for protesting. The station insulted viewers by having a poll and then going against the results.
Hard to lose what you never had. I've been dealing with the local network here for more than 9yrs since I retired here from Houston. We don't even get airplay on the local news here when the Cowboys lose and we win. And I don't see that ever changing.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #13
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

When the Texans make a run in the playoff and the Cowboys continue to wither, it will start to change.

If by some miracle the Texans make the SuperBowl, you can bet all the markets will be putting the Texans game as a higher priority in all the TV markets, save Dallas.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Actually, the opposite happened in this case.

The Texans fans showed up in numbers winning the poll, bombarding the TV station with phone calls and emails. As you could see even a few of them spent hours of their day protesting the decision.

I was very surprised and delighted of the amount of Texans support that came from the Valley! Of course overall the Cowboys have a larger fan following but at this current time I doubt there is much of a difference in the TV ratings in that area between the Cowboys and Texans.I don't have the time to look at the actual numbers right now plus the Nielsen Ratings are BS anyway but thats another story.

Last edited by imatexan; 11-11-2011 at 11:27 PM.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #15
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

The station had no intention of showing the Texans game, and is flat out
SHOCKED at how much support the team actually has.
Old 11-11-2011   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
yup yup.

"we're going to show the dallas game, but to make it look like we care we'll have a vote that gives us an easy out ..... uh oh"

i hope yall keep the support going and make a big enough stink that they realize where their fanbase really lies.
Old 11-11-2011   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Yep.

It would be cool if we got the Valley back. There's well over a million people down there, and that's nothing to sneeze at. It's a big market.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #18
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

That is ridiculous. Give the valley back to mexico.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

their decision to broadast the Cowboys and that demostration doesn't have jack crap to do with McNair's decision to keep Kubiak. What the hell are you talking about? You're reaching at best. There's plenty of stuff that you can heave crap at Kubiak about....this is not one of them. What's next? It didn't rain today and there's a drought in Texas...I guess that's Kubiak's fault as well. Opps, not Kubiak's, but McNair's for keeping Kubiak.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #20
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel so bad for the guys. Just can't believe CBS affiliated station decision to air Cowboys game instead of Texans game. Shame on you CBS KGBT-TV. No wonder this station letter starts from KGB.

Go fans in the valley!!! You guys are great fans!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read