Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2011   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The best Texans

Offense

QB: M.Schaub
HB: A.Foster
FB: V.Leach
WR: A.Johnson
WR: K.Walter
TE: O.Daniels
LT: D.Brown
LG: C.Pitts
C: C.Myers
RG: M.Brisel
RT: E.Winston

Defense

DE: G.Walker
DT: S.Payne
DE: A.Smith
OLB: M.Williams
MLB: J.Sharper
MLB: D.Ryans
OLB: B.Cushing
CB: J.Joseph
CB: A.Glenn
FS: M.Coleman
SS: D.Manning

Special Teams
K: N.Rackers
P: Hartmann
KR: J.Mathis

My bad on Sharper as an OLB, wasn't sure.

I think if we go 3-4, Mario can stand up and Smith can take the end spot. Sharper can go inside and Cushing can go back to being on the outside.

When Payne is your best ever DT, you know there is a major hole there.

I was also thinking how epically bad our RB situation was pre Arian-Foster, was DD/DW any good really or just the best of a pretty bad bunch.

Last edited by kiwitexansfan; 11-10-2011 at 06:18 PM.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The best Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I had some free time at work yesterday and was daydreaming about the Texans when I thought I would do a team made up of the best players we have had since the franchise started.

I was shocked how hard it was to come up with quality players at some positions and how dominant this current crop is. Given this maybe I missed some people, feel free to shame my ignorance and drop some knowledge on me.

Offense

QB: Schaub
HB: Foster
FB: Leach
WR: AJ
WR: Walter
TE: Daniels
LT: Brown
LG: Pitts
C: Myers
RG: Brisel
RT: Winston

Defense

DE: Walker
DT: Payne
DT: Okoye
DE: Williams
OLB: Greenwood <------ NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
MLB: Cushing
MLB: Ryans
OLB: Sharper
CB: Joseph
CB: Glenn
FS: Coleman
SS: Manning

Special TeamsK: Rackers
KR: Mathis

DT was a huge struggle, did I miss anyone?

Picked 12 defense guys to cover for the 3-4 and 4-3 eras we've had.
You lost me at Greenwood.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Greenwood and Okoye should not be on there.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

PR: Jacoby Jones

DE: Mario Williams
OLB: Mario Williams?

Old 11-10-2011   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Pickings are slim at DT. Robair Smith? Deloach? Charles Hill?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153344 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like Coleman but will stick my neck out and say Quin is better. He can also play CB and that adds to his appeal.
Old 11-10-2011   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tell me who we have had that are better and I will add them.

I considered Cody over Okoye.......
Old 11-10-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I really like Coleman but will stick my neck out and say Quin is better. He can also play CB and that adds to his appeal.
Coleman was a better corner than safety. Problem was he was getting long in the tooth and that's when he converted.
Old 11-10-2011   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Pickings are slim at DT. Robair Smith? Deloach? Charles Hill?
Quote:
Tell me who we have had that are better and I will add them.

I considered Cody over Okoye.......
JJ Watt anybody?

I put Diles over Greenwood.
Old 11-10-2011   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I had some free time at work yesterday and was daydreaming about the Texans when I thought I would do a team made up of the best players we have had since the franchise started.

I was shocked how hard it was to come up with quality players at some positions and how dominant this current crop is. Given this maybe I missed some people, feel free to shame my ignorance and drop some knowledge on me.

Offense

QB: Schaub
HB: Foster
FB: Leach
WR: AJ
WR: Walter
TE: Daniels
LT: Brown
LG: Pitts
C: Myers
RG: Brisel
RT: Winston

Defense

DT: Payne
DT: Okoye
DE: Williams
OLB: Greenwood
MLB: Cushing
OLB: Sharper

Special TeamsK: Rackers
KR: Mathis

DT was a huge struggle, did I miss anyone?

Picked 12 defense guys to cover for the 3-4 and 4-3 eras we've had.
Also, Jamie Sharper was an inside lnside Linebacker alongside Jay Foreman for the Texans. The two outside backers were Kailee Wong and Jeff Posey.
Old 11-10-2011   #11
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Offense

QB: Schaub agree
HB: Foster agree with Tate close behind
FB: Leach nope hes overrated hes good but Casey is geting the job done along with vickers
WR: AJ no brainer
WR: Walter no brainer
TE: Daniels no brainer
LT: Brown agree
LG: Pitts agree
C: Myers agree even tho hes small he is very good with what he does
RG: Brisel agree
RT: Winston agree

Defense

DE: Walker dont no him so i say smith
DT: Payne dont no him so mitchel
DT: Okoye Heck no! he could not even make the team this year even though he is biger then cody but he is doing great
DE: Williams agree
OLB: Greenwood barwin here switching from de to olb and rushing the passer got to give some love
MLB: Cushing yes
MLB: Ryans yes
OLB: Sharper reed i do like sharper tho its just after mario went down i though we would miss him greatly but reed filled a giant hole and is producing
CB: Joseph agree
CB: Glenn agree
FS: Coleman agree
SS: Manning agree

Special TeamsK: Rackers im worried that hes a brown clone because he has already missed 30 yard field and others
P: Hartmann agree
KR: Mathis agree

just threw this together so spelling is off will fix later going to hospital with mom great grandma is back in there =[
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335888 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah JJ Watt should get some consideration.

Sharper played ILB for us so I am not sure why he is listed at OLB. Loved the guy but don't think he was better than either DeMeco or Cushing.

You building a 4-4 defense? Drop Okoye.

Glenn in his prime with Joseph would be a sick tandem.
Old 11-10-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 222777 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Pickings are slim at DT. Robaire Smith? Deloach? Charles Hill?
Seth Payne at DT. He was pretty solid. Gary Walker was pretty stout on the D-line too.

Orrrr... you could move Mario to OLB and play Antonio at DE.

Yeah, come to think of it, I like this better. Mario at rushing OLB, Cushing at cover OLB, Sharper and DeMeco as the two ILBs. Put Antonio Smith at DE...

DE: A. Smith
DT: Payne (although, Cody might be a better fit for Wade's D; Wade likes his DTs to be quicker and more disruptive as opposed to stronger)
OLB: M. Williams
MLB: Sharper
OLB: Cushing

....anyone willing to take a shot at the backups?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #14
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I was also thinking how epically bad our RB situation was pre Arian-Foster, was DD/DW any good really or just the best of a pretty bad bunch.
I'd love to have been able to see what DD could have done if he ever got to the second level untouched. If he ever could get 4-6 yards before someone touched him.
Old 11-10-2011   #15
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Domanick Davis was a very good RB. He could break tackles, and make guys miss. If not for his injury i think he would of been GREAT.
Old 11-10-2011   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd love to have been able to see what DD could have done if he ever got to the second level untouched. If he ever could get 4-6 yards before someone touched him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Domanick Davis was a very good RB. He could break tackles, and make guys miss. If not for his injury i think he would of been GREAT.
Thanks for the opinions.

I was thinking about Carr and his development the other day, (I think I was the last Carr fan) and I was thinking how bad his supporting cast was.

Bradford, Gaffney, Allen, that OLine with no Boselli...... recipe for disaster anyone?
Old 11-10-2011   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Native.
Old 11-10-2011   #18
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the opinions.

I was thinking about Carr and his development the other day, (I think I was the last Carr fan) and I was thinking how bad his supporting cast was.

Bradford, Gaffney, Allen, that OLine with no Boselli...... recipe for disaster anyone?
i actually liked bradford. He wasnt TERRIBLE, and i think Gaffney would of been one hell of a #2 behind AJ
Old 11-11-2011   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 222777 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the opinions.

You forgot no real offensive coordinator or quality QB coaching. Having seen what former-bust Alex Smith is doing this year with a quality surrounding cast AND a former QB for a head coach (who can actually teach him the position from a 1st hand experience viewpoint), one could almost believe that Carr might have turned out differently if given this system - heavy on the "might" because Carr didn't always show the best work ethic/study habits.
Old 11-11-2011   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i actually liked bradford. He wasnt TERRIBLE, and i think Gaffney would of been one hell of a #2 behind AJ
He sure stepped up his game with Tom Brady delivering the ball to him....
Not sure he could block as well as KW does and that's a critical part of the WR job in this offense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read