Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

HELP! Local CBS affiliate wants to replace Texans/Bucs with Cowboys Game

incubry

Practice Squad
Local affiliate in South Texas has Texans/Bucs on schedule for this Sunday but due to having the option to this one and only Cowboys game all season, they are taking a poll and most of the old school, not knowing any better Valley natives down here are voting mostly for Dallas/Buffalo game. I am BEGGING for your help in voting on the stations Facebook page so I'm not blacked-out! Help me out fellow Texans!

http://www.valleycentral.com/sports/story.aspx?id=684700

Local affiliate in South Texas has Texans/Bucs on schedule for this Sunday but due to having the option to this one and only Cowboys game all season, they are taking a poll and most of the old school, not knowing any better Valley natives down here are voting mostly for Dallas/Buffalo game. I am BEGGING for your help in voting on the stations Facebook page so I'm not blacked-out! Help me out fellow Texans!

No news here and you're lucky you get a vote (but if you think that vote get tallied you are mistaken). In Austin I saw the schedule when it came out it was clear all of us outside of Houston would have to go streaming feed.

The Texans only campaign their product in Houston, the stupid bastards.

I was on the Texans site looking for something else, and was surprised to see a link for watching online live there. Check out the schedule on the site. Hopefully, this will save some time looking for links for people.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/season-schedule.html

I think you have to purchase something to watch it live online from team sites. A lot of colleges do that, but I have never even noticed the option to do it on the Texans website. Hopefully it is for free! :hurrah:

No news here and you're lucky you get a vote (but if you think that vote get tallied you are mistaken). In Austin I saw the schedule when it came out it was clear all of us outside of Houston would have to go streaming feed.

Same with us unfortunately living in DalASS.

I was on the Texans site looking for something else, and was surprised to see a link for watching online live there. Check out the schedule on the site. Hopefully, this will save some time looking for links for people.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/season-schedule.html

Just redirects to a subscription option (not free).

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secu...Id=73668&clickId=272926431&affiliateCustomId=

Oh well. I voted. Too bad the Cowboys-Bills game is actually a good matchup.

Well I hope the Cowturds are blown out so badly by the 3rd quarter they have to swap over to the better game for you guys sake... thankful I have Sunday Ticket

Just redirects to a subscription option (not free).

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secu...Id=73668&clickId=272926431&affiliateCustomId=

Oh well. I voted. Too bad the Cowboys-Bills game is actually a good matchup.

I used gamepass when I was stationed overseas. If you read the fine print, it only works overseas. If you are using a stateside internet provider the stream will not work. In the US, you have to get direct tv or hit the bar. If you really don't care about seeing it, you can listen on Sirius, or watch one of those crappy justintv streams.

I used gamepass when I was stationed overseas. If you read the fine print, it only works overseas. If you are using a stateside internet provider the stream will not work. In the US, you have to get direct tv or hit the bar. If you really don't care about seeing it, you can listen on Sirius, or watch one of those crappy justintv streams.

I lived off that for years. My girlfriend has Sunday Ticket. Haven't missed a game yet. It's awesome.

Same here, voted already. Saw the guide on my TV for Sunday and thought "No way!" Sure enough, their pro-Cowboys sportscaster announced Wednesday night the Cowgirls game was on for Sunday.
Then the Facebook poll came about. Like Bull Butter, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of Texans support, but there are way too many Cowgirls fans down here.

Voted earlier today on FB, but, not lookin good for ya my friend!

Not sure it really matters. CBS will do what they want, the fan vote wont mean squat!! Just a coverup. BUT, at least they are realizing that fans might get pissed off if they cancel a Texan game. Our fan base is growing, and the networks are starting to realize that. Hope it continues for a LONG, long time!!

Well, I would have voted, but I don't have a facebook account. Good luck.

It's official. You ARE and old fart. Even *I* have a facebook account.

(of course I only got it so I could see my daughter's travel snapshots)

edit: Oh and I voted too.

Texans game wont be on in SA as well but Houston Texans fan club of San Antonio will be having get together at BWW at De Zavala.

*bump* For the South Texans cause. I thought I voted before but apparently not. Now I have.

Only 121 votes down (at least that's closer). :)

I hit it.

This little poll is bringing out the competitive side of me, I made my girlfriend go vote from her facebook page as well ;)

I just voted and my wife voted as well. We posted the link to our Facebook accts, and hopefully our Facebook friends vote as well. Unfortunately my cousins that actually live in RGV, are cowboys fans.

Thanks everyone for helping out! It's gonna be close!

Currently poll as of 8:27pm 11/10/11 -

Texans/Bucs - 1973 votes
Cowboys/Bills - 2000 votes

We were down by over 200 at this time last night!!!

KEEP THE VOTES COMING PLEASE!

Well, I was goofing around and saw this again on FB so with time on my hands I went through and sent "invitations" to each friend I KNEW were Texan fans to vote.

Unfortunately most of my FB friends are old friends I haven't really caught up with in a real sense. I can't be too sure about their loyalties these days, what, with the Texans now instead of the Oliers. I didn't want to send invites to the enemy.

2445 - hou
2300 - dal

If the vote holds and the Texans win...this will be a first for Deep South Texas.

I grew up in Brownsville and remember the Oilers getting bumped from the schedule...not for the Cowboys, but for other random teams.

Bumping the Cowboys would be HUGE.

I moved from Houston to The Valley in 1989 and I was a die hard Houston Oiler fan and have been following the Texans since their birth, you can only imagine what I had to put up with all these Cowboy fans around here and what's really worst I live in Mission, TX and as some of you know Tom Landry was born here in Mission. I knew this old lady Mrs. Fankhauser she went to high school with Tom Landry and she used to for hours about him.
I really hope the Texans are shown locally just to let other people around here know that there is a new sheriff in town ;-).

GOOD NEWS - Texans won the poll by almost 200 votes!

Bad News - Station Manager decided to show the Cowboy game anyway?

WTF?!?!? I AM LIVID!!!

https://www.facebook.com/incubry#!/Action4News/posts/10150345907206157

The overwhelming reaction to Action 4’s decision to air the Dallas Cowboys game on Sunday over the Houston Texans demonstrates the passion and spirit football fans in the Valley hold for their favorite teams. We appreciate the feedback and understand the consternation this decision has created among our loyal Texan fan base. As a CBS affiliate, we are licensed to broadcast games in the American Football Conference of the NFL each and every Sunday. Since the Cowboys are on the road playing an AFC team, CBS has the rights to air the Cowboys this Sunday. After considerable thought and discussion about previous audience delivery levels, it was decided to broadcast the Cowboys and serve the majority’s viewing interests in the Valley.
Sincerely,
Tom Keeler, President & CEO – Action 4/KGBT-TV

I like how he acknowledges that Texans won the poll by saying "discussion about previous audience delivery levels" to cover his ass.

For those of you that can't make it to a sports bar ...

www.firstrowsports.tv

Yeah ill be at work so ill be on the lookout for streams!!! Thanks in advance guys. As much as I hate the Cowturds that game against the bills should be a good game. Hopefully I can have a stream and then watch the other. Also I voted for you valley guys considering im from San Benito. No way you guys will win but would be nice to see.

GOOD NEWS - Texans won the poll by almost 200 votes!

Bad News - Station Manager decided to show the Cowboy game anyway?

WTF?!?!? I AM LIVID!!!

https://www.facebook.com/incubry#!/Action4News/posts/10150345907206157

The overwhelming reaction to Action 4’s decision to air the Dallas Cowboys game on Sunday over the Houston Texans demonstrates the passion and spirit football fans in the Valley hold for their favorite teams. We appreciate the feedback and understand the consternation this decision has created among our loyal Texan fan base. As a CBS affiliate, we are licensed to broadcast games in the American Football Conference of the NFL each and every Sunday. Since the Cowboys are on the road playing an AFC team, CBS has the rights to air the Cowboys this Sunday. After considerable thought and discussion about previous audience delivery levels, it was decided to broadcast the Cowboys and serve the majority’s viewing interests in the Valley.
Sincerely,
Tom Keeler, President & CEO – Action 4/KGBT-TV

I like how he acknowledges that Texans won the poll by saying "discussion about previous audience delivery levels" to cover his ass.

Sorry to hear about this, you guys. I've seen this show before and the ending was the same. I think they run these "votes" fully expecting the Cowboy fans to outnumber the Texans in a landslide so they can say they gave the Texans a fair chance. Then when the vote turns out different they say, KIDDING!

You guys need to warm up your e-mails and start firing away. Ask KEYE in Austin what happens when the get a bunch of angry Texans on their hands.

Man, that's digusting. Post it on the FB page too. Time for you guys to start raising HELL.

Back