Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2011   #21
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whats this? Respect? NO WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Awesome! that pic of Brian Cushing is scary btw.
The pic that Chron.com had posted after the Browns game with blood dripping down his face is scarier.....

Great article......see some national media types starting to take notice....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #22
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Also getting some love from Yahoo. Shutdown corner has us as the #1 seed (AFC) in their "premature playoff picture"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp11496

Old 11-09-2011   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I was thinking GreenBay vs Texans last year.

While I think that would be a good game, they are the one team I don't want to see in the Super Bowl.

My brother is a big Packer fan (if he had the opportunity, he'd have been Brett Farve's concubine)... & he usually beats me in these kind of match-ups.

I would never hear the end of it.

Two weeks ago he was trying everything he could to get me to put on his Rogers jersey just so he could post it on facebook.
Old 11-09-2011   #24
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Also getting some love from Yahoo. Shutdown corner has us as the #1 seed (AFC) in their "premature playoff picture"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp11496

OMG!! Do I dare dream of the PERFECT SB for ME!!?? Texans vs Niners!! I just might go into heart failure from PURE happiness!!! LET IT BE!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The only place better for the Texans to play a super bowl than Indy would be in Jerrah's place.

But honestly, we are getting a little carried away with ourselves, aren't we? LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #26
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The only place better for the Texans to play a super bowl than Indy would be in Jerrah's place.

But honestly, we are getting a little carried away with ourselves, aren't we? LOL
What he said, lets clinch the division first please
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #27
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Enjoy the ride my friend, however long or short that might be!! Right now we have the #1 D in the NFL, and our O ain't shabby! I'll take whatever I can get from this team, and make the playoffs or not, RIGHT NOW, they are putting a big old grin on my face!! TODAY Nov 9th, 2011 I'm a happy Texan.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2011   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Enjoy the ride my friend, however long or short that might be!! Right now we have the #1 D in the NFL, and our O ain't shabby! I'll take whatever I can get from this team, and make the playoffs or not, RIGHT NOW, they are putting a big old grin on my face!! TODAY Nov 9th, 2011 I'm a happy Texan.
& that's what it's all about. Enjoy it while you can.
Old 11-09-2011   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

When I said we are getting carried away with ourselves, I should have included myself. I'm still a tad wary, but I've now reached the point I just expect them to be in the game no matter what, and we'll be watching them in the playoffs this year. Which is a far cry from how I started this season.

Instead of dreading the Tampa, Atlanta and Bungles games, I'm looking forward to them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
When I said we are getting carried away with ourselves, I should have included myself. I'm still a tad wary...
I don't understand this.

This is the NFL. We should enjoy the good times, & suffer the bad.

We've all had our share of suffering & this may be as good as it gets (just being honest).. If you don't enjoy this now, you may never get to enjoy anything.

Look at the Cardinals.
Old 11-09-2011   #31
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, in spite of what John Madden said, here's what happened during the final regular season games of the past five Super Bowl winners:

Green Bay had a two game winning streak heading into the playoffs. Before that, they had lost two in a row.

New Orleans actually lost the last three games of their season (after starting 13-0). Obviously the strategy of resting all your starters works.

The Steelers had won 5 in a row, but lost the second to last game of the regular season, and then won the final game.

The Giants lost two of the final three games of the year, including the final game. They were the wild card, so they won the Super Bowl as the final game in a four game winning streak in the playoffs.

The Colts lost four out of their final seven games. (including the Christmas eve miracle in Houston)

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When I said we are getting carried away with ourselves, I should have included myself.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #33
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That was my biggest disappointment about last season. You have no idea how badly I wanted things to shake out that way for us.
Old 11-09-2011   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Well, in spite of what John Madden said, here's what happened during the final regular season games of the past five Super Bowl winners:

Green Bay had a two game winning streak heading into the playoffs. Before that, they had lost two in a row.

New Orleans actually lost the last three games of their season (after starting 13-0). Obviously the strategy of resting all your starters works.

The Steelers had won 5 in a row, but lost the second to last game of the regular season, and then won the final game.

The Giants lost two of the final three games of the year, including the final game. They were the wild card, so they won the Super Bowl as the final game in a four game winning streak in the playoffs.

The Colts lost four out of their final seven games. (including the Christmas eve miracle in Houston)

I know W & Ls are everything, but just because a team lost doesn't necessarily mean they were playing poorly. The Steelers were playing their asses off Sunday, they just lost.
Old 11-11-2011   #35
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/shows...a-332cd6cef2e8

Go to 2:50 mark and watch Scheins pic for Texans/Bucs. lol
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

when you are a legitimately good team you get noticed and lauded...it comes with being good. Many of you guys have cried in the past about not getting respect, but come on, we were just so mediocre over the last decade...at best. Right now, we're pretty good. Hopefully we keep it up.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Just felt this picture deserves to be reposted.
Old 11-11-2011   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Let the past stay there, let tomorrow take care of itself, just enjoy the moment. It's the first time in a decade to feel this way, so have fun. This is what being a fanatic is all about.

Old 11-11-2011   #39
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That was my biggest disappointment about last season. You have no idea how badly I wanted things to shake out that way for us.
If the point was to stick it to Jerrah, then I think the Steelers and the Packers playing in a SB in his house made him cringe way more than if the Texans were there.

Let's just forget about that and see if the Texans can go 1-0 this week in Tampa.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #40
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Just felt this picture deserves to be reposted.
Saw that the other day.

I wish the media would stop with "Houston, we have a..." headlines. They're so trite and cliche. Ugh.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read