Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2011   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaubs hourglass/future QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony713 View Post
Oh man, I really can't handle that much heartbreak again. Just the name makes me cringe.

Can you imagine though if he wore #8 in honor of his brother? All those jerseys reappear or get re-named again.

Insanity.
Old 11-08-2011   #22
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I say go trade for Ryan Mallet from the Pats and let Kubiak start grooming him. I think that kid as got a hell of an arm. 6'6. 235 and can run a little...

wonder if he has "it" upstairs though...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #23
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said before we should always be looking for our next qb especially while matt is playing well enough for him to sit ans learn. That being said I don't know when he comes out or what his projections will be but I like Brock Osweiler from arizona state a lot as a prospect. Big arm, acurrate and mobile.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #24
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

makes more sense to look for a new WR... we need our Reggie wayne that dre can groom for a few yrs before retiring.
Old 11-08-2011   #25
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
makes more sense to look for a new WR... we need our Reggie wayne that dre can groom for a few yrs before retiring.
easier to find a WR than a QB though....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #26
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet after schaub we will be getting a Vet QB
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #27
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
The first 4 on that list will be drafted this next draft. Only Osweiler is interesting to me of the remainder.
You never know because the big paydays not there anymore and I think they all could go back .
Old 11-08-2011   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Can you imagine though if he wore #8 in honor of his brother? All those jerseys reappear or get re-named again.

Insanity.
He'd be #8 with Hulk on the back of his jersey .
Old 11-08-2011   #29
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I wouldn't go QB hunting, but if one slipped in the draft and fell into our lap I'd take him.

At the very least we might be able to parlay that player into a nice draft pick.
This!

QB's are so valuable. If one falls that Kubiak thinks he can develop to take over for Schaub in the future or trade off for better assets it would be foolish to pass that up. Remember we gave up two second round picks for Atlanta's backup QB.
Old 11-08-2011   #30
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Derek Carr, rSo, Fresno St.
it's the firing squad for you. and no blindfold either

ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #31
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This!

QB's are so valuable. If one falls that Kubiak thinks he can develop to take over for Schaub in the future or trade off for better assets it would be foolish to pass that up. Remember we gave up two second round picks for Atlanta's backup QB.
How high a round would you choose to snag a guy? Not challenging you, just curious.

As for me, he'd have to be pretty special for me to spend a pick in the first 3 or 4 rounds. He'd be someone who I would groom for a year - maybe two - then elevate up to #2 so I could trade Matty Hottub.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think Gary's always looking for the next great Texans QB.
I'd like to think he is, but how long did Orlavsky stay on our roster?

But, I'd continue to look for a replacement, all the time. Matt Lienart might be that guy. Sure, he's no Kurt Warner & he couldn't produce in a system that no one other than Kurt was able to produce in.....

I'm not ready to see Schaub go or anything like that, but I would be interested to see how Lienart (or any QB not wearing 8) does with the talent we've got.

Last time Lienart had the best OL in the league, two dynamic RBs, & a pretty good defense, he did pretty good.

If he gets a chance & bombs.... shit can him & get another.
Old 11-08-2011   #33
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade away all of our draft picks for Andrew Luck.

Old 11-08-2011   #34
Anthony713
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Anthony713 is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthony713 is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthony713 is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthony713 is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthony713 is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthony713 is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthony713 is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthony713 is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthony713 is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthony713 is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthony713 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not ready to see Schaub go or anything like that, but I would be interested to see how Lienart (or any QB not wearing 8) does with the talent we've got.
Lienhart is a kind of scary thought, but I think the biggest thing for him is/was recover from Arizona. IMO he woudnt be near as good as Schaub, but you can't knock till you try it (or see it).

Gosh could y'all imagine if we would've drafted VY though?! Ugh the thought makes me sick.
Anthony713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #35
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Keep reading the thread as Schaub's hourglass figure
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #36
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I think schaub is the picture of system qb. Its not a knock, but he has to be manipulated by play calling. Talent wise, if you can draft a guy this year and have him sit for a couple of yrs, you do it. Yates is a schaub clone and leinhart is garbage.
Old 11-09-2011   #37
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

"Matt Schaub here..."

Hi. 6-3 and well on the way to greener pastures. He's here and he's our QB :tear: Can't we just enjoy watching the games for now?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #38
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
"Matt Schaub here..."

Hi. 6-3 and well on the way to greener pastures. He's here and he's our QB :tear: Can't we just enjoy watching the games for now?
I think we would all like to avoid what happened to the Colts. Be more like the Packers.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #39
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Keep reading the thread as Schaub's hourglass figure
Glad I wasn't the only one.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #40
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
The average NFL life is 3 years, which puts most players out of the league in their mid 20's.

Manning has one of the quickest releases in the game and doesn’t get hit nearly as much as the rest of his counterparts.

And, true, athletes take care of themselves but all the exercise and weight lifting still wears down and wear out your joints. Your body just natuarly breaks down, you can't stop that. It's a fact.
The average NFL life is 3 years yes. That also counts all active NFL players, and not just due to injury. He has played for the Texans for 5 years though, and 2 of those he was injured for around 4 games or so each year.

I don't think anyone has been questioning Schaub's durability for the past 3 years. I think it is safe to assume with him on a 47 game start streak, or something along those lines, that he has a while to play still.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read