Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2011   #161
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bandwagon Fan Spotter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
and thats why I read her articles...and I agree. the more the merrier. I have spent years telling people there were tons of Texans fans here in SA. Ever since 2002 I saw them in stores, on the highway, met them of here and there started hanging out with them...but still none of the local media believed me. Even the Texans (at first) doubted me. I got nasty emails from all the networks telling me i was nutz. Now that they are making themselves more visable i feel vindicated.

Welcome texans fans...and for the love of Texan Bill like the Houston Texans fan club of SA on facebook...geez. whats a guy got to do to get likes on FB.
STFU Spurs fan!!! Are you gonna be here for the Kitty's game??
Old 12-14-2011   #162
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

No need to start playing "holier than thou"...

There's room for all.

Old 12-14-2011   #163
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
No need to start playing "holier than thou"...

There's room for all.

THIS ^^^

I'd rather have new fans, hell, I'd rather have MAD fans rather than no fans at all.
Old 12-14-2011   #164
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 140 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I don't have any stories. I just wanted you to know I love your avatar.
It's a nice Avatar.
Old 12-14-2011   #165
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

All I'm sayin' is that I'm glad that "TheRealJoker" can finally can get laid!! Dude put up a challenge a long, long time ago about being celebate until the Texans making the playoffs.....

TheRealJoker.... I got this covered for you my brother!! Let me know when you're available..... *Chill the **** out Houston, I got TheRealJoker covered*
Old 12-14-2011   #166
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not really about being "holier than thou".

What upsets - or not upsets - but irks me is when the same people who rag on you for being a texans fan when times are bad, but hops on as soon as things get good.

They don't have to suffer through all those horrible seasons, show no affiliation with the Texans while they cheer on "their team", and then instantly becomes a Texans fan when things are finally looking up.

That's like having that one friend who wants nothing to do with you, but then you win the lottery, and suddenly they act like you're their best friend.

Being in Toronto, Canada, (the wife's from Houston) - I've been a Texan fan for five years, not having to anyone to talk Texans ball with, so finding this forum was heaven sent.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #167
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I never said I dont want more fans. Like gtexan02 said, More fans = more coverage = more prime time games = better franchise! but claiming youve ALWAYS been a fan? tisk tisk, that doesnt fly with me.

Quote:
What upsets - or not upsets - but irks me is when the same people who rag on you for being a texans fan when times are bad, but hops on as soon as things get good.

They don't have to suffer through all those horrible seasons, show no affiliation with the Texans while they cheer on "their team", and then instantly becomes a Texans fan when things are finally looking up.
& this also
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2011   #168
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats really frustrating, is to hear a bandwagoner, call you a bandwagoner! I had this dude wearing all his brand new shiny gear call me out for being one. I have a Texans hat that I bought the day after the Team announced the name of the Franchise. It looks like its been through hell, I have worn it pretty much every day since for ten fricking years, and this dude in his brand new hat and jersey with wristbands, the whole 9 wants to question my loyalty.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #169
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
Hey Grandma you get me an entrance to the tailgate during a playoff game and I'll bring fish and cook it up again for y'all! I'll listen to the game in the parking lot, just want to enjoy that playoff atmosphere!
I'm probably going to have to do the same thing. Gonna try and get in with Double Duece if I can't get any tickets.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #170
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97roc View Post
It's a nice Avatar.

I'm kinda likin ThaJokaa's avatar.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #171
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
Hey Grandma you get me an entrance to the tailgate during a playoff game and I'll bring fish and cook it up again for y'all! I'll listen to the game in the parking lot, just want to enjoy that playoff atmosphere!
I'll start NOW putting out feelers. I didn't buy any, but, I know a few people who did. I'll start looking!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #172
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
and thats why I read her articles...and I agree. the more the merrier. I have spent years telling people there were tons of Texans fans here in SA. Ever since 2002 I saw them in stores, on the highway, met them of here and there started hanging out with them...but still none of the local media believed me. Even the Texans (at first) doubted me. I got nasty emails from all the networks telling me i was nutz. Now that they are making themselves more visable i feel vindicated.

Welcome texans fans...and for the love of Texan Bill like the Houston Texans fan club of SA on facebook...geez. whats a guy got to do to get likes on FB.

I just got ya. Don't live in SA but anything to help a brother out!
Old 12-15-2011   #173
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

For 9 years at work it's been "YOUR Texans lost again", "what's wrong with YOUR Texans" etc.

This season that YOUR has changed to a WE. "WE won", "WE clinched the division", WE are going to the playoffs".

And I give them plenty of business about it too. Where the hell were y'all at for the last 9 years?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011   #174
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind tailgating for the game, I perfer watching it on tv than listening thru a radio tho
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #175
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Had a Colt's fan that I work with come up and congradulate me on the Texans first AFC South Crown on Monday morning. We started talking and she was telling me about how several of her friends had jumped on the wagon this year, and were giving her a hard time about the Colts and the Texans winning the confernce. She said she didn't pay any attention to them cause she knew they were bandwagoners, but knew from all my Texans gear and posters that she had seen over the years that I was the only true Texans fan she knew. And cause of what I have dealt with thru the years, she wanted to be sure to congradulate me on the Texans...think it is funny even the rival fans know the Texans bandwagoneers.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #176
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 19952 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked up some tailgate passes for a co-worker yesterday at will call and the guy in line in front of me asked the teller what time the game was Saturday.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #177
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Maybe now they are just not afraid to show their true colors since it is more acceptable to be a Texan fan.
Isn't that part of what makes them bandwaggoners?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #178
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I do love the concept, I love to bash those that just jump on during the good times!!!!
Why does this thread seem so FAMILIAR? Hey mods...can I get a merger, and if not can I get a "what what!?"
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #179
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Krogers seems to be my place to find nitwit "fans!"

This mornings conversation: (I'm wearing a Texan tee, carrying a Texan purse, and have my flag flying on my car.)

Gentleman: WOW, how bout OUR Texans?!!!

Me: Yea, pretty cool, don't ya think?"

Him: Man, it's great! Sure hope we beat the COLTS on Sunday so we can go to the playoffs!!

Me: (After a minute or so of stunned silence!) We've already made the playoff! Great feeling, isn't it?!!

Him: NO SHIT!! Who do we play?

Me: As I grab a buggy and head to the entrance! Ya know, I don't have a clue!

Next time I go to Krogers I leaving all my TEXAN stuff behind!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011   #180
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
For 9 years at work it's been "YOUR Texans lost again", "what's wrong with YOUR Texans" etc.

This season that YOUR has changed to a WE. "WE won", "WE clinched the division", WE are going to the playoffs".

And I give them plenty of business about it too. Where the hell were y'all at for the last 9 years?
You should find a cheap trophy, one of those plastic ones like a kid gets at the end of a soccer season.

Take a blank mailing label, and adhere it over the little rectangular name plate on the front. With a Sharpie, write "Fake Fan Award."

Ask everyone who has been saying "WE won the division" to gather around. Announce that in light of the Texans' recent accomplishments, you're having an awards ceremony, and you want them to all gather around your desk during break time or just before lunch.

When everyone is there, you need to hold the trophy and stand on your chair.

"First of all, I'd like to say that I've been a Texans fan for, oh gosh...I think since the time it was announced we were getting a new team. I bought the gear. I joined message boards. I consumed all things Texans. We had rough years, I've been made fun of around here. I've taken it in stride. Well, I've noticed that here recently a lot of people are joining in the fun. And so, without any more delay, I would like to present to all of you this trophy. Ladies and gentlemen, I bestow upon you....the Fake Fan Award!"

Hand it to the person nearest you, clap really loud and have a very big, proud look on your face. Keep clapping. Start cheering TEXANS! TEXANS! TEXANS! until they leave in disgust. "Thank you all! Thank you for coming to the award ceremony! YOU helped make this dream season possible. See you at the playoff games! Anybody want a ride with me to the tailgate? Hello? Anybody? Oh well. Have a good lunch everyone."

That ought to shut 'em up...and get an ice pick lodged into your car tire. LOL.

It's fun to pretend that stuff, though. To think that YOU are a true fan, and here's these fake fans, and you know you can't say anything TOO harsh but that you'd love to dish out some payback somehow. A guy can dream....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read