Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2011   #121
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are all these BANDWAGON Muff-huggas coming from?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Heck, I'm a Cowboy fan and have been less fairweather than many Houstonians about the Texans. It's been hard to jump on as much as I used to but glad the Texans are doing better. Not sure how they don't win the division. Sad part is the Negative Nelly in me wonders if this process may have been hastened with others at the helm..still worries a little.
let go... the past cannot be changed so why worry about it. learn from it. move on.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #122
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
let go... the past cannot be changed so why worry about it. learn from it. move on.
Must spread rep, yada yada yada....
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #123
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 37603 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Simple way to find out if they've been a fan all along: ...
I don't care how long they have been a fan just that they are a fan.

That they get mad when we do something stupid and that it hurts when we lose. There have been times I have left Reliant and felt like my dog died.
Old 11-12-2011   #124
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

One question. Do the "newbies" have to type our posts for us their rookie year??
Old 11-12-2011   #125
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
One question. Do the "newbies" have to type our posts for us their rookie year??
I sure damn well hope so, else I'll have carpel tunnel by 35.

Poor Bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #126
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all for some band wagoners! I dream of a day that the Texans get a big enough rep to start up a watch-meet in Vancouver of Texans fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
We'll show them Jag fans how to over react.
TexansTalk posters are plenty good enough to take on pretty much any fanbase already on that count.
Old 11-12-2011   #127
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I'm all for some band wagoners! I dream of a day that the Texans get a big enough rep to start up a watch-meet in Vancouver of Texans fans!
Or you could drive down here so we can start our own.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2011   #128
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post

TexansTalk posters are plenty good enough to take on pretty much any fanbase already on that count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I don't think brakos is allowed in Canada. Might have to do with his association with Bill.
Old 11-12-2011   #129
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I don't think brakos is allowed in Canada. Might have to do with his association with Bill.

I actually need to get my passport renewed.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2011   #130
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Hey I'm counting down the seasons til 2013, when the Texans are potentially slated to play in Seattle next. Two man tailgate time!
Old 12-11-2011   #131
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Gentlemen on board please offer your seats to the ladies...

Thanks you
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #132
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont act like a cowboys fan. Dallas teams and fans act like elitist assholes. So much that you will root for any team besides them and always want them to lose.

Welcome the casual fans and fans of other teams that now want to root for the Texans. They might just remain fans and that is how you get better media coverage and love.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #133
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I dunno about that. There are some people on this board who were part of the old texans talk. Not only that but I go back to Houstonprofootballtalk.com now that is way back.

Mike
Yeah , those are the die hards that DB was talking about above who have been around since the begining (probably a dozen or so of us been here that long).... Just look at how many new faces there are around here the last 6 weeks ..... those are the bandwagon jumpers that Dread is refering to .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #134
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

TBH it's kind of nice actually seeing people around who are willing to talk about Texans football. It used to just be mostly catching flak from Cowboys fans instead of actually talking about football, so yeah...
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #135
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Bandwagon Fan Spotter Thread

Took the idea from SheTexan because I want to laugh at the stories; All props to her.

Here's one of hers

Quote:
Speaking about bandwagoners! I've thought about starting a thread so us diehards could post FUNNY stuff they have heard from these people. Decided it would get ugly so I haven't done it, YET. I'm not opposed to bandwagoners at all either. It's fun to see our City so pumped up over our team, and I KNOW who I am and what I've been through the past nine years, so mostly I just smile, and engage them in conversation just so I can single them out.

I was in Academy Monday HOPING against hope that I could land a Division winning cap, and I overheard a MAN talking to his lady telling her to look for a #90 shirt because Andre Johnson was his favorite player!! I laughed so hard I bit my tongue! I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner Monday night and the hostess told me there would be quite a wait because they had a football player there. I asked her WHO, and she said Ben YATES! I smiled and ask her if she was sure, and she said yes, it's that TEXAN player who went to the probowl!! Ben TATE was at Buffalo Wild Wings and Arian Foster was at Verison across the street. The statement that made me laugh the most came from a girl at work who is a Cowboy fan. The bus driver and I chat Texan talk every morning, and this chick rarely says anything. Monday she made a bold statement saying "well, the Cowboys have been there and done that, so we don't need to do it again!!!" THe bus driver let out a huge HOOT, and I had to turn my face to the window to keep from laughing in her face! Priceless moment from a jealous Cowboy fan!!

For those of you that know me, you know I am a talker, and LOVE to talk about our Texans! I'm truly having a BLAST talking to these bandwagoner fans! They are excited too, and thats fun for me!! I'm gonna ride this ride and enjoy every minute of it for as long as the ride last, which I hope will be in Feb!!!
After we clinched the AFC South I went to Academy looking for the Championship Shirt and there's a woman on the phone buying alot of Texans gear. I overheard her convo while she looking at Matt Schuab jerseys and she busted out with, "Should we even get #8 since he's not playing for us anymore?"I just walked away...

Encounter #2: At the Stadium after the Bengals game welcoming our team back after chanting Andre this other woman standing next to me busts out with, "Why are they chanting Andre? He only played 3 games this season." I felt like back handing her while giving her the crazy eyes.

Post your stories
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #136
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bandwagon Fan Spotter Thread

I usually hang out with a set group of friends at the bar so I haven't heard that much, but I have noticed the entire bar is full now on Sundays as opposed to the two tables that were there since week one when we started going to watch the games.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #137
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
I usually hang out with a set group of friends at the bar so I haven't heard that much, but I have noticed the entire bar is full now on Sundays as opposed to the two tables that were there since week one when we started going to watch the games.
This is why I wish I was in the States right now. Everywhere I've been I have been the only Texan fan in any of the places I go. I'd love to see how that's changed.

I had a chance to be in VA for the title clincher but I couldn't make the trip. SOOOOOOOO wish I could have been there.
Old 12-14-2011   #138
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

How can you tell a bandwagon fan from a fan that has just "come out of the closet"?

Maybe now they are just not afraid to show their true colors since it is more acceptable to be a Texan fan.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011   #139
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_ROK View Post
This is why I wish I was in the States right now. Everywhere I've been I have been the only Texan fan in any of the places I go. I'd love to see how that's changed.

I had a chance to be in VA for the title clincher but I couldn't make the trip. SOOOOOOOO wish I could have been there.
Although I'd probably rather be here in Vegas than either one of the Korea's (although I think Bud Adams is next in line in Pyongyang....), try living in Vegas. It's all Giants, Cowboy, and Oakland Fans. Vegas is all transplants so i laugh when they talk about getting any major league teams because there would be 0 support, so it would be a lot like a team in LA that doesn't win a title!!!

Anyway, there are bars for almost all the NFL teams except Houston and a couple of others. Luckily there are some nondenominational bars that I used to go to, in order to catch the games. When people around here see me with a Texans Jersey they always do a double take.

Then at work its the worst because my companies Corporate Office is in Dallas, so everyone is always like, "you like the Cowboys right?", and then I have to head to HR after slapping the sh*t out of them.

Guess thats what I get for moving!!!!
Old 12-14-2011   #140
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I do love the concept, I love to bash those that just jump on during the good times!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read