Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2011   #101
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are all these BANDWAGON Muff-huggas coming from?!

I think the mark of a true fan is based more on how many times you have lied to yourself saying "NEVER AGAIN"etc. only to return the next game day with the same energy as the day you swore you were done.

Only been on the forum about a year I guess but have been a Texans fan since day one, just never been much on forums.

I am a hometown fan, I was born and raised here and by God I will cheer for my home town team, hell or high water. (for sports I enjoy anyway)

IF I am considered a bandwagon fan, I aint packing my bags to get off this wagon, until the team packs its bags to move elsewhere.
Old 11-10-2011   #102
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA4Texan View Post
I think the mark of a true fan is based more on how many times you have lied to yourself saying "NEVER AGAIN"etc. only to return the next game day with the same energy as the day you swore you were done.

Only been on the forum about a year I guess but have been a Texans fan since day one, just never been much on forums.

I am a hometown fan, I was born and raised here and by God I will cheer for my home town team, hell or high water. (for sports I enjoy anyway)

IF I am considered a bandwagon fan, I aint packing my bags to get off this wagon, until the team packs its bags to move elsewhere.

Maybe I should pull up my argument I made in 2004 comparing the progress of David Carr with the first three years of Troy Aikman. That should prove something... I'm not sure what, but something!
Old 11-10-2011   #103
So*Cal
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 So*Cal is a quality contributor and well respectedSo*Cal is a quality contributor and well respectedSo*Cal is a quality contributor and well respectedSo*Cal is a quality contributor and well respectedSo*Cal is a quality contributor and well respectedSo*Cal is a quality contributor and well respectedSo*Cal is a quality contributor and well respectedSo*Cal is a quality contributor and well respectedSo*Cal is a quality contributor and well respectedSo*Cal is a quality contributor and well respectedSo*Cal is a quality contributor and well respected

I became a fan in 2009 when Brian Cushing got drafted. I'm a USC fan and Cush was one of my favorite players. I thought it was pretty cool that I moved to Houston in late 2008 and Cush ended up coming to Houston the following year.
So*Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #104
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by So*Cal View Post
I became a fan in 2009 when Brian Cushing got drafted. I'm a USC fan and Cush was one of my favorite players. I thought it was pretty cool that I moved to Houston in late 2008 and Cush ended up coming to Houston the following year.
Welcome aboard. The keg is up front by the trailer hitch and and while your there fill mine up too....thanks.
Old 11-10-2011   #105
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Like some people have said... bring the Bandwagonners! Bring the fair weather fans!

The Texans winning will build the fanbase. Sure, some of those fans will dart at the first opportunity and stop being fans if the team stops winning, but some of them will stay and become hardcore/die hard fans.

We should WANT our team to be good enough that it starts convincing outsiders to become fans. We want our team to start winning people over.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #106
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Simple way to find out if they've been a fan all along: Ask them questions like, Who scored the first TD in franchise history.... Who returned the first punt for a TD?

If they don't fire off Billy Miller and Avion Black in a second, you have your answer.
Holy hell I forgot about that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #107
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Like some people have said... bring the Bandwagonners! Bring the fair weather fans!

The Texans winning will build the fanbase. Sure, some of those fans will dart at the first opportunity and stop being fans if the team stops winning, but some of them will stay and become hardcore/die hard fans.

We should WANT our team to be good enough that it starts convincing outsiders to become fans. We want our team to start winning people over.
Exactly! Like Bob McNair said many years ago, let the Cowboys be "America's Team". We'll be Texas' team!
Old 11-10-2011   #108
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Awwwwww! Lots of nostalgia, and I'm enjoying reading these post. Being a part of this MB has been a blessing, but, it does not identify anyone as diehard or bandwagoner. Lots of great fans out there who follow the team in their own individual way, and it's not fair to compare them just because they are not as vocal or involved as some of us. I simply enjoy seeing them out and about town. Makes my day when I see a young couple come in to have their baby and the Dad is sporting Texan gear rather than Cowboy! Puts a smile on my face to see more and more cars and trucks with Texan logo's on the back, or kids going to school with a Texan backpack. My lunch bag is a small Texan cooler, and I can't tell you how many people have stopped me to chat about the team. I went into Krogers's one Sunday morning about 0600 and met a family of about 6-7 sporting Texan jerseys buying stuff to tailgate with, at their own home. It's FUN guys, and that's what it's all about. I LOVE these fans! It's the one's that want to brag about being a fan "for life" but don't know squat about the ride this team has been on for nine years, that kinda irritate me. But, I choose to ignore those kind and enjoy the rest.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #109
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Back in my day Texans fans had to walk a mile to the forums barefoot in the snow to pin hand written letters on a wooden message board near Acres Homes.
And we liked it!

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #110
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans
The Houston Texans Mobile app is the #2 hottest iPhone sports app on iTunes. Text TEXANS to 51288 to download the free app and then rate it to get it ranked No. 1! Also available on Android and BlackBerry devices. http://bit.ly/gebmZA

from their facebook page.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #111
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The same idiots who a couple of years ago would ask: "Who's your team?" then would reply "Man they SUCK!" when you said the Texans, are now walking around with jerseys and jackets on acting as if they've ALWAYS been here. Sorry I'd rather be around some straight up Texan HATERS than the fair weather fans who only love them because they're winning. The REAL fans are the ones who've been here since that first win against the Cowgirls. REAL fans remember holding on to hope in the David Carr, Dom Capers Charlie Casterly days, we remember the under 500 seasons and REMAINED and will no matter HOW the rest of this season turns out. The fair weather fans need to just keep their mouths shut, because if the Texans blow a playoff game they'll be the first ones going on channel 11, 13 and 2 and saying "I knew they weren't gonna win...".
In my opinion if you've ever sat next to Either Joe or Bill during a game...you can hold your head high and call yourself a true Texan fan.

My freaking mom who has always ragged on me for supporting (in her words) that "****ty team". Sent me a text message last week saying "Gooo!!! Texans, I always knew they could do it!"

I have never done the last part of your post (would love the opportunity though...maybe me and Bill can check the game out at a local Gentleman's establishment), but I'm still a die hard nonetheless.

I look at it this way, despite the fact that we may or may not agree on certain topics and fans deal with wins and losses different ways (glass half full or half empty), there isn't a poster on this board who isn't a die hard Texans fan, because "NORMAL PEOPLE" aren't ****ed in the head like we are and they don't devote this much time towards a team where they make daily posts on the internet about things they have absolutely no control over. We are the true definition of "fanatics".

Quote:
fanatical [fəˈnŠtɪkəl]
adj
surpassing what is normal or accepted in enthusiasm for or belief in something; excessively or unusually dedicated or devoted
fanatically adv
Yep I think we all fall under that.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-12-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #112
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much everybody that spends their time on this MB is a true fan.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #113
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Fire Kubiak!
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #114
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dread!! What is your definition of a "Muff-hugga?"
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #115
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I gotta agree with you on this one. On this board, if you've got into a argument with someone about a backup OT, I think you are a true fan.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #116
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
Seriously? You seen a few new being converted when we're only 6-3? Stop being so sensitive. What are you gonna do when we actually make the playoffs? Or rather when make it to the Superbowl in the future and the whole city of Houston starts supporting them from non-footall fans to the radio and tv stations and hundred of thousands of new fans jump on the wagon?

We have yet to accomplish anything and if your annoyed now by a few new fans then you might as well do yourself a favor HANG YOURSELF NOW!!

It actually makes me smile and happy when I see new people becoming fans.

BTW I have had season tickets for a few yrs now, this season im sitting in the bullpen but it does not make me more of a fan than the people sitting in the nose bleeds or the people watching the games in the comfort of their homes.

Wow...where the vugg did THAT come from? Relax kid, I was simply stating an opinion. It's easy to "love" an organization when it's doing great but truly giving a damn has to extend to when things are going bad also. THAT was my point...thanks for missing it entirely and telling me to kill myself as a remedy to either YOUR inability to grasp that or your apparent simple frustration with my attitude.

Incidentally...does anyone KNOW this young muff-hugga? His name aint ringing a bell?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #117
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Dread!! What is your definition of a "Muff-hugga?"
it's a double entendre it COULD be either a phonetic version of Mother-Fvcker

OR someone who hugs muffs.

Muff: n. 1. cylinder shaped winter garment large enough to accommodate both hands being placed into it on opposing sides usually made of dense materials such as down and generally covered in the fur. Generally used by women in lieu of gloves or mittens.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 11-12-2011   #118
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
My freaking mom who has always ragged on me for supporting (in her words) that "****ty team". Sent me a text message last week saying "Gooo!!! Texans, I always knew they could do it!"

I have never done the last part of your post (would love the opportunity though...maybe me and Bill can check the game out at a local Gentleman's establishment), but I'm still a die hard nonetheless.

I look at it this way, despite the fact that we may or may not agree on certain topics and fans deal with wins and losses different ways (glass half full or half empty), there isn't a poster on this board who isn't a die hard Texans fan, because "NORMAL PEOPLE" aren't ****ed in the head like we are and they don't devote this much time towards a team where they make daily posts on the internet about things they have absolutely no control over. We are the true definition of "fanatics".

Yep I think we all fall under that.

NORMAL!? Muff-hugga who you callin' NORMAL!?

Old 11-12-2011   #119
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck, I'm a Cowboy fan and have been less fairweather than many Houstonians about the Texans. It's been hard to jump on as much as I used to but glad the Texans are doing better. Not sure how they don't win the division. Sad part is the Negative Nelly in me wonders if this process may have been hastened with others at the helm..still worries a little.
Old 11-12-2011   #120
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 22174 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
A Texans fan is someone who will talk Texans with me and share a moment of emotion whether elation or depression. I could care less how long they have claimed to be a fan. I have been so disgusted I swore I'd never watch another game after last season. I have been so elated that many of you call me a dreamer.

Being a Texans fan is not about how much you spend on clothing or banners or foamy fingers, tickets, or how drunk you get at a tail gate event. It's not about whether you stand the entire game or just when the wave comes by. It isn't even about going to the game. Being a fan is what each individual decides for himself it is.
Excellent post! Repped
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read