Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2011   #81
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are all these BANDWAGON Muff-huggas coming from?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I think I know them. We probably all know "the Cowboys cult" family.
My wife and I met several years ago in the early David Carr era. Its been hard to save her, but I got her to a point that she wants to root for both. If I can only get her to chose one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I have to admit I get kinda pissed at some of the newbies...
Bandwagon fans stand out like a sore thumb...
Newbies and bandwagoners are getting on my nerves too. A few are late to the party, but others are true bandwagoners. We need to develop an initiation right from this guy to share the pain and sacrifice we have been through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m_1hglRkPk

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #82
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The same idiots who a couple of years ago would ask: "Who's your team?" then would reply "Man they SUCK!" when you said the Texans, are now walking around with jerseys and jackets on acting as if they've ALWAYS been here. Sorry I'd rather be around some straight up Texan HATERS than the fair weather fans who only love them because they're winning. The REAL fans are the ones who've been here since that first win against the Cowgirls. REAL fans remember holding on to hope in the David Carr, Dom Capers Charlie Casterly days, we remember the under 500 seasons and REMAINED and will no matter HOW the rest of this season turns out. The fair weather fans need to just keep their mouths shut, because if the Texans blow a playoff game they'll be the first ones going on channel 11, 13 and 2 and saying "I knew they weren't gonna win...".
In my opinion if you've ever sat next to Either Joe or Bill during a game...you can hold your head high and call yourself a true Texan fan.
been here all along. Do we have a lot of "NEW" members on the board joining now our something ?
Old 11-09-2011   #83
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
I got a Texans tattoo during the 2/14 season. Can I still post? LOL
A pic of the tattoo? Sure.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #84
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Been posting here since '03 when it was the old HoustonTexans.com board. Stuck around when the official site went with a new forum design and gave TexansTalk this one to use after their board went down.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #85
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Its gonna get way worse if this team is really who we are starting to think they are. I honestly think we have little idea of just how big our bandwagon is going to be...
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #86
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Man!!!

I can't wait till we start winning. We'll show those Cowboy fans what it means to be arrogant. We'll show them Colt fans what it means to be smug. We'll show them Jag fans how to over react.
Old 11-10-2011   #87
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Personally I think the whole premise of this thread Is BS. It's nothing but a @&$! measuring contest. You want to know who the real fans are? Let them start sucking again and see who is still around afterwards. The "fans" in Indianapolis know this all too well. Meanwhile just enjoy the success while it lasts. Yes the bandwagon will fill up. Just deal with it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2011   #88
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Newbees or not, we need our fan base to grow which allow Texans to expose nationally and help expand more market area/s. Meaning, some of fans live outside of Houston may able to watch more Texans games instead of other game. We need to get used to things like media attention and new fans which comes with success. Yes success, this is an evidence of how other people seeing Texans now. Just wait until we get into the playoffs, there will be more Newbees joining Texans bandwagon.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #89
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I have to get on the wagon because I keep falling off of it... Oh wait, different subject.
...was that my cue...yeah yeah...right gotcha...(ahem) "Damn it Bill." Okay...you guys get that? Great I'll be in my trailer.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #90
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
been here all along. Do we have a lot of "NEW" members on the board joining now our something ?
Actually I've just been seeing a bunch of bandwagon types all around the city and at work. It's annoying.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #91
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually I've just been seeing a bunch of bandwagon types all around the city and at work. It's annoying.
Simple way to find out if they've been a fan all along: Ask them questions like, Who scored the first TD in franchise history.... Who returned the first punt for a TD?

If they don't fire off Billy Miller and Avion Black in a second, you have your answer.
Old 11-10-2011   #92
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 3435 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at fair weather fans as an oppurtunity to bring a new fan into the fold. This is someone who only knows about the team based on the recent news clips. Take to the time to educate some of them, there have been several people that stated they didn't become fans till someone took them to a game or introduced them to the Texans.

Granted you won't turn them all but if each of you try to get one more on board think of what that would do for our fan base. Just a thought.
Kgbmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #93
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 292438 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Fairweather..... maybe I am. But I ain't goin nowhere (my PSL pretty much guarantees that)
That's funny, man, because you are far from a fairweather fan. These type of fans come and go. Come when they win, go when they lose.

But also funny because there is something very distinct that I vividly remember about you, and I know the exact date:

Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM.

This stat is when the forum was at HT.com and is mentioned on the front page of the forum.

And this date is the night before the 2006 draft when they announced that Mario had been signed. This place was flooded with VY fanboys and Reggie Bush lovers.

But I remember you telling folks that Mario was a good pick, something we needed, and trying to convince people to let it play out.

No, man, you are definitely not fairweather when you're willing to go toe-to-toe against the tide of populist opinions, especially during that transition era.

Mad props to you.
Old 11-10-2011   #94
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
No, man, you are definitely not fairweather when you're willing to go toe-to-toe against the tide of populist opinions, especially during that transition era.

Mad props to you.
Yeah. TK is under no definition a fair weather fan. We have banged heads on some football takes but there has never been a doubt he is a fan.
Old 11-10-2011   #95
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's funny, man, because you are far from a fairweather fan. These type of fans come and go. Come when they win, go when they lose.

But also funny because there is something very distinct that I vividly remember about you, and I know the exact date:

Most users ever online was 1,493, 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM.

This stat is when the forum was at HT.com and is mentioned on the front page of the forum.

And this date is the night before the 2006 draft when they announced that Mario had been signed. This place was flooded with VY fanboys and Reggie Bush lovers.

But I remember you telling folks that Mario was a good pick, something we needed, and trying to convince people to let it play out.

Mad props to you.
That was when I first came to HT.com and joined the forum. I hadn't taken part in any Texans forums prior to that. I had just been a fan existing in the wilderness all alone.

I came to HT.com, not as a VY or RB fanboy, but because I wanted to see what the reaction was from other Texans fans. I'd been hoping to trade back with the Jets (who needed a replacement for Curtis Martin) and then pick up D'Brick. But I liked the Mario pick.

There was such a firestorm about how bad the pick was, I needed to see how other fans felt about it.

OTOH, I was dead STOKED about getting Demeco.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #96
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 292438 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That was when I first came to HT.com and joined the forum. I hadn't taken part in any Texans forums prior to that. I had just been a fan existing in the wilderness all alone.

I came to HT.com, not as a VY or RB fanboy, but because I wanted to see what the reaction was from other Texans fans. I'd been hoping to trade back with the Jets (who needed a replacement for Curtis Martin) and then pick up D'Brick. But I liked the Mario pick.

There was such a firestorm about how bad the pick was, I needed to see how other fans felt about it.

OTOH, I was dead STOKED about getting Demeco.
yeah, after the debacle of 2-14 and the VY hoopla...looking back that was a crazy time for Texans fans.

I was a big D'Brick guy, too, and I also wanted AJ Hawk. But I was fine with the Mario pick, even the night that they announced the signing.

We were having a b-day party for my son that night, so I kept sneaking off to check the forum for updates. It was all a bit surreal. One of those events that you remember like yesterday but also feels like such a long time ago. Crazy that it was over 5 years ago.
Old 11-10-2011   #97
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seriously? You seen a few new being converted when we're only 6-3? Stop being so sensitive. What are you gonna do when we actually make the playoffs? Or rather when make it to the Superbowl in the future and the whole city of Houston starts supporting them from non-footall fans to the radio and tv stations and hundred of thousands of new fans jump on the wagon?

We have yet to accomplish anything and if your annoyed now by a few new fans then you might as well do yourself a favor HANG YOURSELF NOW!!

It actually makes me smile and happy when I see new people becoming fans.

BTW I have had season tickets for a few yrs now, this season im sitting in the bullpen but it does not make me more of a fan than the people sitting in the nose bleeds or the people watching the games in the comfort of their homes.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #98
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgbmedic View Post
I look at fair weather fans as an oppurtunity to bring a new fan into the fold. This is someone who only knows about the team based on the recent news clips. Take to the time to educate some of them, there have been several people that stated they didn't become fans till someone took them to a game or introduced them to the Texans.

Granted you won't turn them all but if each of you try to get one more on board think of what that would do for our fan base. Just a thought.
Good post!! WELCOME to TexansTalk!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #99
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8621 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Back in my day Texans fans had to walk a mile to the forums barefoot in the snow to pin hand written letters on a wooden message board near Acres Homes.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #100
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Been on the Wagon since the inception, was thrilled to get a team back in Houston even though I moved for work in 1994, was an Oilers Fan from the Luv Ya Blue Days.

My first Texans Jersey was the first one you could buy the Deep Steel Blue with the number 32 and the name on the back was HOUSTON, wore that until we drafted HWSNBN. I remeber waiting to see the unveiling of the uniforms, I had to wait for it on the internet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read