Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2011   #41
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are all these BANDWAGON Muff-huggas coming from?!

If you've ever complained about poor national media coverage, low availability of merchandise in stores or online, cheap owners, no national games, etc then bandwagon fans are the cure for you!
Old 11-08-2011   #42
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been a fan since they came out with the white helmuts.

But I have never sat beside anyone at a game. I have never been to a game, except in my own LR.
Old 11-08-2011   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

That's me in late 2000 at an AAU meet deadlifting 435# in a Texans tee-shirt.

I didn't join Texans Talk until the Mario draft.

That's some of my evidence of fandom.
Thanks for clarifying it is you. Saw the long hair and thought it was David Carr.
Old 11-08-2011   #44
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Been a PSL owner since Day 1 and still am! I've gone through the hard years of the David Carr, Caspers, Chris Palmer, DD, Jamie Sharper, era then we went from worst to just boardline good. Now that I am stationed overseas, I have to get up 4 in the mornings on Monday mornings to get online to follow the texans game via yahoo sports.

Anyways, you know what team reminds me of the terrible Texans from the Carr era. The browns and Jags. Solid Denfense and offense...
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #45
NYCTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of Famer

I am guessing anyone who is on this forum and took the time to register, signin etc, is a fan. You don't have to go to games or post to be a fan. But what gets me is when fans feel ashamed of being from Houston because of the allegiance.

I live in NY and I have stayed true to my Texas roots. For being a Texans fan in NY is akin to voting republican at a lesbian convention.

I am proud to be from Texas and even got my New Yorker wife to say "we" when referring to my Texans. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is new territory for all of us and lets say humble and win with grace because god knows we had to learn to lose with humility as well.

I am a Texan.
Old 11-08-2011   #46
NYCTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of Famer

....and speaking of which, I work for the network that airs Hard Knocks. I am going to try my best to push for the Texans to be on next season.
Old 11-08-2011   #47
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah thats just how it goes. It's a good thing though, it means your team is doing well.

Me as a Texan fan have never missed a game, it's mostly due to luck though but I hope to continue the streak for as long as possible.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2011   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101799 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep, I was going to say the same thing. We have always had a small group of hardcore football fans, but TRANSPLANT Houstonians have a history of being front runners. Show up when teams are good, but fade away when they suck.

I chuckle at all my FaceBook "friends" who now wear the gear and post pics of themselves at the games and tailgating. I don't care where they were during 2-14. I know their nature and it is what it is.

The NFL needs these casual fans to pay for it's product. That's just the way it works, and the rest of us devoted fanatics have to learned to accept it and live with it. I don't understand the gripe.
Edited for a little clarity.
Old 11-08-2011   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 101799 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

That's me in late 2000 at an AAU meet deadlifting 435# in a Texans tee-shirt.

I didn't join Texans Talk until the Mario draft.

That's some of my evidence of fandom.
Old school, low cut Chucks??!? Nice!!
Old 11-08-2011   #50
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Thanks for clarifying it is you. Saw the long hair and thought it was David Carr.
Ouch, thats cold
Old 11-08-2011   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
And must not be able to smell.

Bill!
Speaking of which, I'll be back in a bit.
Old 11-08-2011   #52
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was waiting for the Texans first win streak before he cut it.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #53
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, people confuse me with David Carr all the time.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #54
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

funny, I thought about this the other day. I have seen me and another guy where something Texans over the past few years in Kerrville, well this year, I have seen at least 20 people in this little town with some kind of hat or t-shirt ..(more than i have seen in 10 years total)

guy at a bar last week sat down and said"nice hat" and he had a red Texans hat. I said "thanks" and we chatted a bit but the first thing out of his mouth was about Carr .. I wanted to face palm. anyway we chatted some more about the previous weeks game and he said something about the white guy TE .... I said "yeah, Owen Daniels and Joel Driessen have picked up the slack in AJ's time away" .. he was kinda quiet after that.. and my sense is that he hadn't a clue. In all fairness the guy was nice but it was funny and I expect more and more people to comment to me..

I have no problem with bandwagoners as a long as they don't become arrogant because it gives the rest of us a bad name.

I have two ways to tell if someone is pretty much a bandwagon fan and doesn't know much about the Texans(and some feel free to add on)

1) they talk about the David Carr
2) the 2006 draft.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #55
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I've sat through every second of every game since I was able to get my season tickets in 2006.

Here is my litmus test.

I left my seat in 649, and went down to a vacated seat in THE BULL PEN to watch the end of this game. The game was such a blowout in the 3rd, that even the Bullpen faithful had left the stadium for the most part, and I was able to sit two rows from the field.

I even saw myself on Sports Center that night with my hands clutched over my head in dissapointment as Rob Bironas' field goal went through the uprights to win the game for the tacks.

Join me... let's go back:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0710210htx.htm
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #56
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody remember this as a possible logo?

Ugh. I like the one we have, thank you.
Old 11-08-2011   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I've sat through every second of every game since I was able to get my season tickets in 2006.

Here is my litmus test.

I left my seat in 649, and went down to a vacated seat in THE BULL PEN to watch the end of this game. The game was such a blowout in the 3rd, that even the Bullpen faithful had left the stadium for the most part, and I was able to sit two rows from the field.

I even saw myself on Sports Center that night with my hands clutched over my head in dissapointment as Rob Bironas' field goal went through the uprights to win the game for the tacks.

ugh...I took my mom to her first game at Reliant, and this was the game. She was slowly turning into a Texans fan after clinging to her old Oiler ways. We had her...right there...until Bironas set the NFL record for FGs.

We still laugh at that game, because it was the first and only time that we (Texans Demolition Crew) were all hugging each other during that 29 point run in the 4th quarter.
Old 11-08-2011   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post

Here is my litmus test.

I should negative rep. you for that trip down memory lane!

Old 11-08-2011   #59
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
My wife still hates Matt Schaub because of that statement. She makes no bones about it. Women are funny that way. She doesn't want him as our QB, she roots for the Texans to draft a QB, and she blasts Matt Schaub for every single mistake or incompletion. She hates him. Women can divest themselves of logic when they want.
Whoa, whoa, whoa ...

I'd be mad ... but I do the same thing to Eric Winston
Old 11-08-2011   #60
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
ugh...I took my mom to her first game at Reliant, and this was the game. She was slowly turning into a Texans fan after clinging to her old Oiler ways. We had her...right there...until Bironas set the NFL record for FGs.

We still laugh at that game, because it was the first and only time that we (Texans Demolition Crew) were all hugging each other during that 29 point run in the 4th quarter.
How about this for something funny...
By the time the Texans started their come back, I was well inebriated. I mean, I was pretty freaking drunk, to be honest.
When the Texans took finally the lead, I was jumping up and down and shouting like crazy, which is not like me at all. I'm usually pretty low key.
Well, when they scored, I looked over at the lady next to me, and high fived her, and she said "are you crying?"... I just laughed and said "I dunno, maybe?"
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read