Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-10-2012   #261
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are all these BANDWAGON Muff-huggas coming from?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I don't care much about the 'hardcore fanatic' vs. the 'bandwagon fan' discussion. To each his own and all that jazz.

But, I will say that 31-10 last Saturday meant a helluva' lot more to those of us that experienced 2-14 for every excruciating second than those that just started following the team.

That doesn't make me better or worse than anyone else as a fan, but it certainly makes for much, much deeper appreciation.

Those that have not paid their dues as fans will be unable to comprehend the depth of emotion inside those of us who have paid them. That's just the fundamental nature of dedication to a cause.

Bandwagon fans do not feel heartbreak, because they quit. It's the nature of the beast.
Exactly! I couldn't have said it better.

I was harassed, f'ed with about being a Texans fan for so long, seeing them win that first playoff game was just awesome!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #262
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Exactly! I couldn't have said it better.

I was harassed, f'ed with about being a Texans fan for so long, seeing them win that first playoff game was just awesome!
It felt very surreal to me. I keep having this strange feeling that I'm going to wake up...and don't want to.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #263
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
It felt very surreal to me. I keep having this strange feeling that I'm going to wake up...and don't want to.
I keep having this feeling that I'm going to wake up and we are going to be in the Super Bowl.

Then there's this small feeling that we are going to get close and......
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #264
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta' say one great thing about bandwagon fans: you see a lot more Texans gear everywhere you go these days, and that's a positive feeling to me.

Now, I cannot judge an individual and know if they've been around for awhile or if they just jumped on, and that's not my concern. I'm just seeing a LOT more Texans logos these days, and I know that this happens because the bandwagon is filling up.

And seeing a Texans logo is 1,000,000x better than seeing that blue star or flaming meatball in our city.
Old 01-17-2012   #265
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Standing in Bubba's parking lot and ran into a bandwagon fan in a Texans T-shirt who was calling them "losers" who exemplified my point. Great season no matter HOW you look at it.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #266
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I was going to bring up this thread. One gripe I have about bandwagon fans is that they bought all the AFC Championship hats and now I can't find one anywhere!!

Called the Texans store and was told that Reebok only made a limited number of them. So looks like I'm out of luck. Too bad. That's the one thing that I really wanted to get my hands on, especially being the first division championship in team history.
Old 01-17-2012   #267
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was going to bring up this thread. One gripe I have about bandwagon fans is that they bought all the AFC Championship hats and now I can't find one anywhere!!

Called the Texans store and was told that Reebok only made a limited number of them. So looks like I'm out of luck. Too bad. That's the one thing that I really wanted to get my hands on, especially being the first division championship in team history.
nevermind. nfl shop is out of them too.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2012   #268
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...they bought all the AFC Championship hats and now I can't find one anywhere!!

^That sucks.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #269
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
nevermind. nfl shop is out of them too.
I 'found' one on Amazon.com, but when I ordered it, the receipt mentioned:

Delivery estimate: Mar. 6, 2012 - Apr. 5, 2012

I don't think they will send it. Probably see them popping up on Ebay for $50+ soon. Bastids.
Old 01-17-2012   #270
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I 'found' one on Amazon.com, but when I ordered it, the receipt mentioned:

Delivery estimate: Mar. 6, 2012 - Apr. 5, 2012

I don't think they will send it. Probably see them popping up on Ebay for $50+ soon. Bastids.
What really sucks about it is, you know there are people out there that have them that really could care less about them...people that only know the popular players names, and still get them wrong, lol.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #271
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
What really sucks about it is, you know there are people out there that have them that really could care less about them...people that only know the popular players names, and still get them wrong, lol.
yep. I've seen some of them on FB, folks that I knew from high school. Never mentioned the Texans until December 2011. Even saw one dude mention that he bought out an Academy store when the truck arrived. WTF? I mean, why does a store let someone buy all the stock?

I just don't get it, but figured that once the market was saturated I could find them. I did not know until today that the hats were limited numbers. If I'd know this, I would have figured out a way to make it to the Texans store at Reliant somehow / some way.
Old 01-17-2012   #272
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yep. I've seen some of them on FB, folks that I knew from high school. Never mentioned the Texans until December 2011. Even saw one dude mention that he bought out an Academy store when the truck arrived. WTF? I mean, why does a store let someone buy all the stock?

I just don't get it, but figured that once the market was saturated I could find them. I did not know until today that the hats were limited numbers. If I'd know this, I would have figured out a way to make it to the Texans store at Reliant somehow / some way.
academy.com?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #273
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
academy.com?
Website shows: "Currently Not Available Online"

I've called about 5-6 stores in my area, and none of them are in stock. One manager said that they do not expect any more.

Such is life.
Old 01-17-2012   #274
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Website shows: "Currently Not Available Online"

I've called about 5-6 stores in my area, and none of them are in stock. One manager said that they do not expect any more.

Such is life.
that sucks. i was shocked to see so many at the cedar park store up here in the austin area. no way they sold them all. they must have moved them online. dont worry bro, i'm holding out for the superbowl champ shirt. it will be way cooler. didn't understand the frenzy over a division champ shirt.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #275
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
that sucks. i was shocked to see so many at the cedar park store up here in the austin area. no way they sold them all. they must have moved them online. dont worry bro, i'm holding out for the superbowl champ shirt. it will be way cooler. didn't understand the frenzy over a division champ shirt.
I like your optimism!

Yeah, the frenzy is a funny thing, but thirsty man in desert and cup of water stuff for me.
Old 01-17-2012   #276
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I pinged Steph & Nick to see if they can come up with something.
Old 01-17-2012   #277
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still can't find a Matt Shoob jersey.
Old 01-17-2012   #278
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey DB, this will sound strange but pop into a Valero some time. I don't recall if they had the hat you're looking for but they've been selling Texans stuff the last month or so including the division champion car flags. I'll drop by one tomorrow and see if they're still selling Texans stuff.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #279
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA4Texan View Post
I still can't find a Matt Shoob jersey.
It's Schwab ..... Matt Schwab.

Last edited by Playoffs; 09-24-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2012   #280
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
It's Schwab ..... Matt Schwab.
I watched the Bengals game, I clearly know it's Shoob, you can't trick me into supporting this Schwab character.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read