Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2011   #201
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are all these BANDWAGON Muff-huggas coming from?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
They don't follow the draft, FA, mini camps, training camps, preseason, etc, but, they are still a fan. True DIEHARDS are a rare breed, and we are defensive as hell when it comes to people surfing our territory, trying to appear as one of us, when we know they are bogas.
You said it perfectly right there ^^^^.

We earned the right to be a bit put off when interlopers try to puff their chest out and act like they been surfing the same waves these past 10 years.

I love the Astros and the Rockets, but my overall interest in both basketball and baseball has been falling drastically every year for the past 10 to 20 years. I've realized that football is the only sports love of my life, and MMA is now 2nd on my list. Both of those sports involved nothing but sheer aggression and a requirement for physical domination of the opponent. I feel as though basketball and baseball are more of a "finesse" sport.

The Texans have become my obsession. If I lived in the Houston area, or was rich enough to fly to Houston every week, I'd be at every game. 24/7.

When I was down here for the Raiders game, I wagged my finger at the store clerks in the sports stores at The Galleria. "You don't have CRAP for Texans fans in here. This is pitiful. It's obscene. I'm telling' you guys, you laugh at me today when I say this, but you gonna' see lots of Texans gear kiosks set up in the aisles outside your store. You better get on the stick and get your stuff NOW and start promoting it. This is our year. 100% all the way."

They just waved me off, smiling and acting like I was crazy or something. LOL.

See, you and I (and others here) after halfway through the season WE knew this year was different. Last year, we could tell by about week 4 that it was just a mirage. But THIS year? We knew. We knew before TJ threw the TD pass to Walter to seal the AFC South. We knew before Schaub went down with the injury. And so it's hard to see people storm in after the Bengals game and just act like they been paying rent the past 10 years.
Old 12-17-2011   #202
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

over the years, I have seen me and a coworker wear Texans gear on a regular basis.

this year I have seen about 30 people in this little town jumping on board.

a month or so I was sittiing in a bar and a guy comes up to me and starts talking about the Texans (I didn't notice his hat at first because he had his sunglasses on the brim) .. well the conversation went like this

Bar guy: "The Texans are having a kick ass season"
Wolf: "yes, can't wait till AJ gets back, It has been a rough one with Foster out for some time,Tate out a bit, Mario gone"

Bar guy:"I wish they would have kept Carr"

(I wanted to do a facepalm but I was nice about it)

Wolf: "yeah, I liked Carr, but, he just never could read a defense and his eyes were not down field but looking at the rush"

Conversation died right there.

true story .........

so last night I went up to the bar a bit and (I have seen this guy before and we never talked to each other) I come out of the bathroom and he says "who we play this week?" I had a puzzled look on my face and he says "who does the Texans play this week?" I said we got "Carolina at home", he says "we should win this one" .. I said "hopefully no more injuries ...Carolina, the Colts and then the Titans"

end of conversation.

I am nice about things, I think it is interesting how I have gotten more people saying things to me now than ever before. I am not hating on these people, but if you mention Tony Hollings... they look at you like
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #203
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't posted in a while...but I've been reading every day like always!

Seen A BUNCH of bandwagoners down here in the Valley (which is good and bad)!
On a side note, there's been a good showing from the fan club. (There's been an upstart Texans fan club "Los Tejanos Del Sur" which has been going since last year before the good times. They've helped a lot with pumping up Texans spirit and swag down here. They did the protest outside the CBS station, etc.)

But I've seen way more shirts, car flags, facebook posts, and just overall spirit and acceptance of our team like never before!

While part of me gets pissed since I've been with the team since 2002 and gone through a ton of lows with minimal highs, it's good that people finally see the Texans as a winner and a team that's a viable alternative to the girls in blue.

It's like the old quote, "When our team wins a championship, the bandwagoners will laugh and cheer while the diehards will cry!"

GO TEXANS!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #204
jwmann2
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The same idiots who a couple of years ago would ask: "Who's your team?" then would reply "Man they SUCK!" when you said the Texans, are now walking around with jerseys and jackets on acting as if they've ALWAYS been here. Sorry I'd rather be around some straight up Texan HATERS than the fair weather fans who only love them because they're winning. The REAL fans are the ones who've been here since that first win against the Cowgirls. REAL fans remember holding on to hope in the David Carr, Dom Capers Charlie Casterly days, we remember the under 500 seasons and REMAINED and will no matter HOW the rest of this season turns out. The fair weather fans need to just keep their mouths shut, because if the Texans blow a playoff game they'll be the first ones going on channel 11, 13 and 2 and saying "I knew they weren't gonna win...".
In my opinion if you've ever sat next to Either Joe or Bill during a game...you can hold your head high and call yourself a true Texan fan.
It's inevitable my friend. I'm a bengals fan. You should have seen Cincinnati in 2005 when they went to the playoffs and Carson and Ocho were in their prime. If the Rams win the next two super bowls wait and see the surge of fans that will follow them. It's disgusting. And I feel your pain. Kind of unfair to the true fans.
Old 12-17-2011   #205
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bandwagon Fan Spotter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Don't have any stories. All of my Texans Family are all members of Blue Crew and have been around basically since the beginning. I don't much pay attention to people out in public... Well, unless she's hot!

Okay given that you have to TECHNICALLY leave your house to meet those young women who dance around brass poles I GUESS that would count as going out in "public".
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #206
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
All I'm sayin' is that I'm glad that "TheRealJoker" can finally can get laid!! Dude put up a challenge a long, long time ago about being celebate until the Texans making the playoffs.....

TheRealJoker.... I got this covered for you my brother!! Let me know when you're available..... *Chill the **** out Houston, I got TheRealJoker covered*
I think his nads exploded at the end of last season.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #207
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think his nads exploded at the end of last season.
Oh... so that's what that sound was...!
I thought one of the local chemical plants had a storage tank blow up...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2011   #208
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
That's when my nightgames play. Most of the time I get to watch my Texans at 7pm, that's ok
I demand a trade of hours we watch!!!! It's like you are watching noon game on Sunday night game hours and you can have all beers you want. Damn life isn't fair.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #209
Jaysol 
3rd String Rook

Rep Power: 409 Jaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respectedJaysol is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I demand a trade of hours we watch!!!! It's like you are watching noon game on Sunday night game hours and you can have all beers you want. Damn life isn't fair.

Go Texans!!!
I liked noon games, gave me time to go out, get drunk watching the Texans, and still have plenty of time to rest before classes Monday morning!

Worked really well this season!

Jaysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011   #210
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysol View Post
I liked noon games, gave me time to go out, get drunk watching the Texans, and still have plenty of time to rest before classes Monday morning!

Worked really well this season!

Ha ha nice but education is very important so don't drink too much(Sounds like your parents huh?). My point is I am watching the noon game at 3AM Japan time!!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #211
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Living in NC for the past 15 years, transplanted from San Antonio, I have been a die hard for all of it. I bought my first jersey: #8, DESPITE my disgust in not taking Julius Peppers, who I got to see a bit of prior to the draft. Also, being in NC, I don't get the fair weather crowd, but 20 miles from UNC Chapel Hill, I have been getting a lot of folks comments of "How about ol' TJ?"

Funny, yesterday I met a lady who's husband is from Houston and is still a tacks fan. She went on to comment about how glad they are to see the Texans doing so well this season, and that Mario Williams has sure made a difference on the offensive line this year But, knowing they aren't a fan, I just laughed inside and nodded, saying yes, they are on a roll.

It's kind of nice to be recognized and congratulated by most of my friends and people who know me as a Texan Fan. Out here, that doesn't happen if you are a fair weather fan.

I wouldn't be too bitter with BANDWAGONers.. I'm more bitter that it took TOO long for them to jump on. They do need a reason

But if you HAVE to be bitter, I would love to hear from the first person that can convince a Bandwagoner that they should rush out and buy a Custom Petey Faggins jersey, given he's going to be the first Texan into the HOF
Old 12-18-2011   #212
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You said it perfectly right there ^^^^.

We earned the right to be a bit put off when interlopers try to puff their chest out and act like they been surfing the same waves these past 10 years.

I love the Astros and the Rockets, but my overall interest in both basketball and baseball has been falling drastically every year for the past 10 to 20 years. I've realized that football is the only sports love of my life, and MMA is now 2nd on my list. Both of those sports involved nothing but sheer aggression and a requirement for physical domination of the opponent. I feel as though basketball and baseball are more of a "finesse" sport.

The Texans have become my obsession. If I lived in the Houston area, or was rich enough to fly to Houston every week, I'd be at every game. 24/7.

When I was down here for the Raiders game, I wagged my finger at the store clerks in the sports stores at The Galleria. "You don't have CRAP for Texans fans in here. This is pitiful. It's obscene. I'm telling' you guys, you laugh at me today when I say this, but you gonna' see lots of Texans gear kiosks set up in the aisles outside your store. You better get on the stick and get your stuff NOW and start promoting it. This is our year. 100% all the way."

They just waved me off, smiling and acting like I was crazy or something. LOL.

See, you and I (and others here) after halfway through the season WE knew this year was different. Last year, we could tell by about week 4 that it was just a mirage. But THIS year? We knew. We knew before TJ threw the TD pass to Walter to seal the AFC South. We knew before Schaub went down with the injury. And so it's hard to see people storm in after the Bengals game and just act like they been paying rent the past 10 years.
Don't be pompous. No, you didn't "earn" anything, and no, you didn't "know" that this year would be different. You thought so. Big deal, so did thousands of others. You and I are fans just like anyone else who has just jumped into the excitement of a winning season. Just because some of us have been supporting the team for years doesn't make anyone more of a fan. If they want us to win, there's no difference.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #213
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where are all these BANDWAGON Muff-huggas coming from?
Wait a second.... Where'd they all go?

Last edited by Hervoyel; 12-18-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #214
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 111743 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Wait a second.... Where's they all go?

Denver.
Old 12-18-2011   #215
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Wait a second.... Where's they all go?
Fair weather muff-huggas.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #216
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #217
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they're all at the bandwagon ticket office trying to get their back

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #218
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha!

Google "muff hugga", then click on "images".

Hover your mouse over the first five results.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #219
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Ha!

Google "muff hugga", then click on "images".

Hover your mouse over the first five results.
I think I'd rather not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011   #220
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: Where are all these BANDWAGON Muff-huggas coming from?!

I heard a lot of them falling off after yesterdays loss......I waved goodbye and dont come back....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read