Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2011   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where are all these BANDWAGON Muff-huggas coming from?!

The same idiots who a couple of years ago would ask: "Who's your team?" then would reply "Man they SUCK!" when you said the Texans, are now walking around with jerseys and jackets on acting as if they've ALWAYS been here. Sorry I'd rather be around some straight up Texan HATERS than the fair weather fans who only love them because they're winning. The REAL fans are the ones who've been here since that first win against the Cowgirls. REAL fans remember holding on to hope in the David Carr, Dom Capers Charlie Casterly days, we remember the under 500 seasons and REMAINED and will no matter HOW the rest of this season turns out. The fair weather fans need to just keep their mouths shut, because if the Texans blow a playoff game they'll be the first ones going on channel 11, 13 and 2 and saying "I knew they weren't gonna win...".
In my opinion if you've ever sat next to Either Joe or Bill during a game...you can hold your head high and call yourself a true Texan fan.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are all these BANDWAGON Muff-huggas coming from?!

Haven't done that last part but I've done the rest thats for damn sure. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned, maybe they'll start to be on tv more so I won't have to get the ticket...naah, that will never happen here, damn cowgirl lovers.
Old 11-08-2011   #3
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't "ever sat next to Either Joe or Bill during a game" but I sat by JB and close to SheTexan in the bullpen and have hung with the Blue Crew 1/2 dozen times.

Can I still post?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I was a fan of the Texans before they even existed. I religiously followed the development of the Texans organization when it was just a gleam in Bob McNair's eye---before it was even known as "the Texans" organization.

I was a member of an online forum that was created in in the late 90's in anticipation of the choice the NFL was going to make between Los Angeles and Houston as the recipient of the next expansion franchise. I loved giving L.A. fans crap, telling them they didn't stand a chance.

Having said all that, I'm not going to crown myself one of the holy arbiters of anyone else's commitment to the Texans. Whoever wants to cheer for my team is a friend of mine.

And I'm sure Bob McNair loves him some bandwagon fans.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #5
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a Texans tattoo during the 2/14 season. Can I still post? LOL
Old 11-08-2011   #6
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sat Next to Joe or Bill? That is the requirement? Hmm... How about driven from shreveport to catch an average of 4-5 games a year for the last 4 years?

How about the fact that I still have emails from 2002 at my email address, "texansfan4life@....."? Do I qualify?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ehh, get used to it, houston is a fairweather fan town....Always has been.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2011   #8
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dread-head View Post
in my opinion if you've ever sat next to either joe or bill during a game...you can hold your head high and call yourself a true texan fan.
lmao...I had to wake up at 2am to watch the Texans 1st ever regular season game against the Cowputas when I was stationed in Germany. I thought I was a pretty good fan to do that since
I didn't have to go to work until 7am later that day. However, I've been to many games with my best friend Joe so I guess then that makes me a true fan. There were a few times too, that the guy
sitting next to me looked like a Bill. Does that count?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
In my opinion if you've ever sat next to Either Joe or Bill during a game...you can hold your head high and call yourself a true Texan fan.
And must not be able to smell.

Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #10
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we grant amnesty. Some of them are bound to jump off the bandwagon when things don't go right but some are getting in for keeps. No way to tell for sure at this point which ones fit each category. And as long as we remember our roots who really cares?
Old 11-08-2011   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Ehh, get used to it, houston is a fairweather fan town....Always has been.
yep, I was going to say the same thing. We have always had a small group of hardcore football fans, but Houstonians have a history of being front runners. Show up when teams are good, but fade away when they suck.

I chuckle at all my FaceBook "friends" who now wear the gear and post pics of themselves at the games and tailgating. I don't care where they were during 2-14. I know their nature and it is what it is.

The NFL needs these casual fans to pay for it's product. That's just the way it works, and the rest of us devoted fanatics have to learned to accept it and live with it. I don't understand the gripe.
Old 11-08-2011   #12
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45144 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
I say we grant amnesty. Some of them are bound to jump off the bandwagon when things don't go right but some are getting in for keeps. No way to tell for sure at this point which ones fit each category. And as long as we remember our roots who really cares?

Could be ex-cowgirl fans.

We will have them around until the girls start winning again.

Looks like they will be here for awhile.

Old 11-08-2011   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans fandom should be measured by regdates. Not post counts or rep points.
Old 11-08-2011   #14
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The same idiots who a couple of years ago would ask: "Who's your team?" then would reply "Man they SUCK!" when you said the Texans, are now walking around with jerseys and jackets on acting as if they've ALWAYS been here. Sorry I'd rather be around some straight up Texan HATERS than the fair weather fans who only love them because they're winning. The REAL fans are the ones who've been here since that first win against the Cowgirls. REAL fans remember holding on to hope in the David Carr, Dom Capers Charlie Casterly days, we remember the under 500 seasons and REMAINED and will no matter HOW the rest of this season turns out. The fair weather fans need to just keep their mouths shut, because if the Texans blow a playoff game they'll be the first ones going on channel 11, 13 and 2 and saying "I knew they weren't gonna win...".
In my opinion if you've ever sat next to Either Joe or Bill or SHAFT75 in the shady endzone during a game...you can hold your head high and call yourself a true Texan fan.
Fixed it for you.

& PREACH on bro!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #15
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I dunno about that. There are some people on this board who were part of the old texans talk. Not only that but I go back to Houstonprofootballtalk.com now that is way back.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Just ask them what they thought of Charles Hill or Ramon Walker.

Personally, I'm OK with them. Ever since I decided to stop paying the Texans money, I need people to subsidize the product so I can see it on TV.
Old 11-08-2011   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Texans fandom should be measured by a test about the '05 season.If you sat through that monstrosity (sec 323), you earned your stripes. If you were the last dumbass sitting in the entire section (sec 323) in the 4th quarter of the Pittsburgh game (the Sun Bowl), you earned your stripes.

If you were smart enough to avoid ruining your Sundays that season, you are worthy of esteem and respect for your intelligence.
Old 11-08-2011   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep, I was going to say the same thing. We have always had a small group of hardcore football fans, but Houstonians have a history of being front runners. Show up when teams are good, but fade away when they suck.

I chuckle at all my FaceBook "friends" who now wear the gear and post pics of themselves at the games and tailgating. I don't care where they were during 2-14. I know their nature and it is what it is.

The NFL needs these casual fans to pay for it's product. That's just the way it works, and the rest of us devoted fanatics have to learned to accept it and live with it. I don't understand the gripe.
i do....mainly b/c its these fairweather fans that call the local radio shows and ask dumb ass questions or make stupid statements & make it obvious that they don't know what the hell they're talking about &/or haven't been following the team until now.

Nothing worse than riding into work on a Monday morning & hearing:

If we win....." Man, schaub tore them up yesterday, Outside of Brady & Manning, i think schaub's right there in that top 5 qb class!"............

Now, If we lose.......... "I don't care that schaub threw for 465 yds & 3 TD's.......he still sucks b/c...."

i swear my head is about to explode sometimes listening to that drivel.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I was a fan of the Texans before they even existed. I religiously followed the development of the Texans organization when it was just a gleam in Bob McNair's eye---before it was even known as "the Texans" organization.

I was a member of an online forum that was created in in the late 90's in anticipation of the choice the NFL was going to make between Los Angeles and Houston as the recipient of the next expansion franchise. I loved giving L.A. fans crap, telling them they didn't stand a chance.

Having said all that, I'm not going to crown myself one of the holy arbiters of anyone else's commitment to the Texans. Whoever wants to cheer for my team is a friend of mine.

And I'm sure Bob McNair loves him some bandwagon fans.
I'm just glad they decided NOT to go with the "Rough-necks" as you KNOW everyone would have called us the "rednecks".
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

A Texans fan is someone who will talk Texans with me and share a moment of emotion whether elation or depression. I could care less how long they have claimed to be a fan. I have been so disgusted I swore I'd never watch another game after last season. I have been so elated that many of you call me a dreamer.

Being a Texans fan is not about how much you spend on clothing or banners or foamy fingers, tickets, or how drunk you get at a tail gate event. It's not about whether you stand the entire game or just when the wave comes by. It isn't even about going to the game. Being a fan is what each individual decides for himself it is.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read