Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2011   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How ignored are the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This is true... but some things are just wrong.

This morning I was listening to Mike & Mike. They said if the play-offs started today, The Bengals & the Ravens would have the top two seeds in the AFC.......

They're in the same division, it's impossible.
Click my twitter link...I posted the Bengals and the Texans as the top two seeds last night. retweet actually, but its posted for the world.

My response to your post is eh, what the hell is so "wrong"? So they got it wrong a couple of hours after gameday Sunday wound down, big friggin' deal. Being hypersensitive isn't a good personal habit and something you don't want in to see in your friends. Being hypersensitive in your fan base is kinda pathetic also.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #22
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, another whining thread! Does this ever stop? I know I'm new here, but can we just stop worrying about what other people think about us?

Like a teenage girl with low self esteem, geezus....
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #23
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone wanting the national attention needs to think of next year. If and when we make/go to the playoffs, we will be getting more national attention than we can handle.

Winning the division means we visit the big boys aka top division winners on a regular basis next year. We will be on national TV a LOT.

National attention is a double edged sword as it can really expose your bad sides. Remember when we made the highlight reel for about 4 straight weeks last year? That wasn't fun.
Old 11-07-2011   #24
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115041 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Cowher did say during half time yesterday that the Texans may be the most complete team in the NFL.
He said before the game we would go 12-4 and get the #1 seed in teh AFC. Also Tom Waddle on NFLN stated not to sleep on us and when we get Dre back go ahead and try to stop that offense.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Being hypersensitive isn't a good personal habit and something you don't want in to see in your friends.
"Are you my friend, Pat"

Old 11-07-2011   #26
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

*sigh*
Old 11-07-2011   #27
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
He said before the game we would go 12-4 and get the #1 seed in teh AFC. Also Tom Waddle on NFLN stated not to sleep on us and when we get Dre back go ahead and try to stop that offense.
I wish there was an archive of recordings for all of this. Not because I don't believe you, but just but for records' sake.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2011   #28
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Cowher did say during half time yesterday that the Texans may be the most complete team in the NFL.
Yeh, Cowher seems to love him some Texans!!!!

Houston is the most complete team. Get Andre back 100% and then unleash the Beast. You know he wants to be out on the field so bad right now.
Old 11-07-2011   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 112599 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh! Who cares?

Just win games and the naysayers will come out from the woodwork. That said, this team has a dubious history of losing games that they really need to win. Take for example this upcoming game against Tampa. The Texans have a history of blowing games like this that would be the difference between a nice 7-3 team v. a 6-4 team.
Old 11-07-2011   #30
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I was able to get the 790 and 610 apps for my phone I no longer need the national media to get info on my team and I'm a better person for it. ESPN CAN LICK footBALLS
Old 11-07-2011   #31
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it's something I don't have to deal with on a day-to-day basis, since I'm not in the US, and I don't pay a lot of attention to the chatter from the media during the week, but I don't care what someone else sees in my team. I do like what I see from them this year. Last year, we probably would have lost to the Jaguars and maybe to the Titans as well. This year, yes, those are the games we should win, and we are winning them. I'd like to see them win the games like they had against Oakland, but you can't have it all. The progression and lack of any one section of our team that makes me scared is what I want to see way more than a bandwagon-jumping media member talking about the Texans like they were Tim Tebow's "frozen-rope" passes to Eddie Royal.
Old 11-07-2011   #32
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
the potential, future "came out of nowhere" attention >>> they beat the browns in week 9 attention.
We beat the Browns in the week when NE loses in last seconds to the Giants, Baltimore and Pitt go after each other, Green Bay wins a shoot out with the Chargers, Jets battle the Bills, and etc.

Our game just doesn't stack up with all of those.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #33
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Yep. I saw him say that very thing as well.

So, anyone wanting to do an impression of this guy

can give it a rest.

Bill Freaking Cowher believes the road to the Super Bowl goes through Houston.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #34
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: How ignored are the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohunk View Post
Not that I'm saying we're being ignored by the national media, but how can we totally (mostly) dismissed in all the analyses of who might be a contender... I'm happy and pissed at the same time. Love to be the unknown, but pissed that no one sees the quality of the Texans
Better this way, we've seen how things end up when we're the sexy pick.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #35
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans will get national respect when they earn it.

While local fans can see the Texans as a great team that got screwed by weather, referees, and too hard schedules the past few years, less invested observers don't. They see a team that was mired in mediocrity or consistently underperformed. These are about the only two options, and neither generate respect.

If this team had started in LA and had the exact same history, I doubt football fans here in Houston would have considered them perennial contenders and worthy of such great respect. In fact, we'd probably have been laughing at them and their delusional fans, right?
Old 11-07-2011   #36
Crushing56
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Crushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respected

What pisses me off the most is that for our highlights we get ONE shitty guy who talks through it, and for EVERY other game's highlights they actually get people who know football talking through it. It's just ridiculous. We can't be THAT hated by NFL Network, can we?
Crushing56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #37
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Worrying about media attention is like having HWSNBM as QB.

Worry about being vain or worry about being good.

Ill take wins over good things people say about us, if it pushes this team to new heights Im all for "no respect" or being "ignored".
Old 11-07-2011   #38
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares.

I don't want to be analyzed by all the idiots on TV and such anyway. 95% of the people who have these jobs, shouldn't have them.

**** 'em. Is it Sunday yet?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #39
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

not that I care what national media shows (hell usually local TV doesn't show anything either)

I am actually surprised that NFL Total Axxess didn't show any highlights (I did step out for a minute)unless I missed it..

Monday night didn't show anything either

of course I didn't see the Bengal-Titan highlights either on either show.

I thought maybe they would mention what Tate-Foster did and maybe showing Cushing getting headbutted
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #40
Crushing56
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Crushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respectedCrushing56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that it's important, but when I watch highlights I want to hear somebody who at least halfway knows what he is doing. Not some piece of shit who is learning on the job.
Crushing56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read