Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2011   #41
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All right, it's time to revisit this. Who here is really glad Bob didn't fire G

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Repped
Thank you, my friend. :-))
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All right, it's time to revisit this. Who here is really glad Bob didn't fire G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
it also speaks volumes to me that the team continues to buy into what kubiak is selling. no offseason, new defense, foster out, mario out, andre out ... and we play strong each week. it also continues to impress me that kubiak is leading our offense with 1/4 of the resources continually provided to the defense. stop to think about what this offense will look like when our defense provides the luxury of drafting a WR in the first round instead of searching for TE's in the 4th.
Very good points, all true.

But I always put things in perspective according to what I would do. If I were an offensive guru & I wanted to win football games, I would have put a lot more early draft picks on offense.

Like I'd been saying all year last year, a great offense can, at times, be your best defense. We've seen elite offenses win with historically poor defenses. The last two years, our defense has been good enough that if we had an offense that could chew up clock & score at a high efficiency rate, our defense could sell out & get more three & outs like they did in 2009 & at times throughout 2010..... that's the way the Colts are built. That's what I would have done.

This way works too... dump all your draft picks on defense then finally get a defensive coach & bam....... no offseason, screwed up free agency & your defense comes out of nowhere & you take a complete team into the play-offs...

But I doubt that's the way he drew it up.
Old 11-06-2011   #43
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we winning in spite of Kubiak or because of Kubiak?
Old 11-06-2011   #44
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I lost faith is Kubes last year after years of support, but I got on the bandwagon in the preseason. We haven't won any Superbowls just yet, but man Team WARY is looking good right now. If Gary can keep the running game going and get the 80 Beast back, this could be a fun January!!!!!
Old 11-06-2011   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad Bob McNair is our owner,

And I'm glad he didn't fire Gary.
Old 11-06-2011   #46
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i still think kubiak has what it takes to be the top guy

it also speaks volumes to me that the team continues to buy into what kubiak is selling. no offseason, new defense, foster out, mario out, andre out ... and we play strong each week. it also continues to impress me that kubiak is leading our offense with 1/4 of the resources continually provided to the defense. stop to think about what this offense will look like when our defense provides the luxury of drafting a WR in the first round instead of searching for TE's in the 4th.
Solid post.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #47
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Are we winning in spite of Kubiak or because of Kubiak?
Are you taking a poll of something?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2011   #48
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Bob McNair called the team out after the BAL game...

Texans haven't lost since.
Old 11-06-2011   #49
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think it may be a little early to say "I'm glad". I'm happy with how the season has gone so far but like a lot of fans, I know how quickly the whole thing can go south. So I'm not prepared to call this season a complete success, yet.
THIS ^^^^.

My signature image comes down when he's either fired OR he leads us to at least a single playoff game.

And everyone can forget about asking me if it can be taken down if he wins our division this year: The AFC South title is being gift-wrapped on multiple levels for him. It's a given.

Therefore, can he win a playoff game? If not, I'm game for keeping the offense as it is (retaining Dennison) and having Bob only consider HC candidates (Bill Cowher) who know you don't mess with what's not broken. Bill Cowher is smart enough to know that we're just a solid defense and a solid HC away from a dynasty here...and we already have the solid defense IMO. Add some Cowher 34 Defense wrinkles to it, and whammo!
Old 11-06-2011   #50
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Harbaugh's in his first year as head coach, and he's pulling a 7-1
right now with less talent than Kubiak has had. Alex frickin Smith
is his quarterback. I don't wanna hear about how Kubiak is "vindicated"
because of his 2011 start. Hell naw.

My mind will change about Kubiak when he delivers a 2011 AFC Championship
Game appearance. Wade Phillips is allowing Kubiak's mistakes not be able
to to f-up the team's won/loss.

It is what it is.
Old 11-06-2011   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
THIS ^^^^.

My signature image comes down when he's either fired OR he leads us to at least a single playoff game.

And everyone can forget about asking me if it can be taken down if he wins our division this year: The AFC South title is being gift-wrapped on multiple levels for him. It's a given.
Do you see how these two statements contradict each other?

If he leads us to a play off game...... you'll take down your sig (as if anyone cares).

You won't take it down if we win the division....

aren't they the same thing?

Old 11-06-2011   #52
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

If he leads us to a play off game...... you'll take down your sig (as if anyone cares).

Winning the division in 2011 does not have the same ring as having
won it in 2010. For obvious reasons Mr. Devil's Advocate.
Old 11-06-2011   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Jim Harbaugh's in his first year as head coach, and he's pulling a 7-1
right now with less talent than Kubiak has had. Alex frickin Smith
is his quarterback. I don't wanna hear about how Kubiak is "vindicated"
because of his 2011 start. Hell naw.
I know that W-L are all that matters.

But, do you think the 49ers would be 7-1 if they played our schedule?
Saints, Steelers, Ravens ?

The only team they've played even remotely in that "class" is Detroit & that is starting to look suspect.

Another thing, would you be giving Kubiak credit for going 7-1 against the:
Seahawks - W
Cowboys - L
Bengals - W
Philly - W
Tampa - W
Detroit - W
Cleveland - W
Washington - W

None of those teams are going anywhere.
Old 11-06-2011   #54
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
whoosh
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #55
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
And once again your post reveals the extent of your reading comprehension skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
whoosh
So you noticed it too?
Old 11-06-2011   #56
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't want to go here right now. I'm in a good mood and enjoying the win.

But...

Gary is still Gary. When you see the Texans down inside the 5 and they're running all over the Browns but suddenly throw the ball three straight times despite the fact that the field is small down there and the Browns are glued to everyone we send out..... that's Gary. Every time I see the Texans inexplicably abandon something that's working and then try to force something over and over again I think "**** you Gary". Every single time.

Now back to enjoying myself.

Ugh, not this BS again. How long ago was it that everybody was yelling at Kubiak for running the ball TOO MUCH in the red zone ("blah blah blah, our offense isn't built to run in short yardage")? once again, i refer all to the intergalactic football glossary for clarification of your point: "a bad play is a play that didn't work. a good play is one that worked."
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #57
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I know that W-L are all that matters.

But, do you think the 49ers would be 7-1 if they played our schedule?
Saints, Steelers, Ravens ?

The only team they've played even remotely in that "class" is Detroit & that is starting to look suspect.

Another thing, would you be giving Kubiak credit for going 7-1 against the:
Seahawks - W
Cowboys - L
Bengals - W
Philly - W
Tampa - W
Detroit - W
Cleveland - W
Washington - W

None of those teams are going anywhere.
The Texans had a similar schedule in 2009, and stumbled,
fumbled, and snickers-added their way to 9-7. They
started 5-7 that year. Remember?

I already know what Kubiak would do if Wade weren't here.
As I said before, it is what it is. Let's just enjoy the ride
without providing unnecessary extras to Kubiak.
Old 11-07-2011   #58
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree. It's not time to revisit McNair's decision. Nothing's been decided, one way or the other. It is time to enjoy the Texans 1.5 game lead in the AFC South.
Old 11-07-2011   #59
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You conveniently left out the next section of my post where I asked "Can he win a playoff game?"

And you're lecturing Dexman about HIS reading comprehension?

Everyone knows the rub: The AFC South SHOULD BE ours for the taking. It's that first-ever Houston Texans playoff game where shit gets real that's the clincher for me on whether Kubiak is for real or not.

And I'm not moving goal posts here. I think Kubiak has it in him to find a way to seriously screw up the AFC South crown, somehow managing to let the Titans sneak away with it...meanwhile, the AFC North has three legitimate teams who could end up with two wild card berths! I have seen stranger stuff happen, such as 35-3 halftime vs. Bills. Nobody needs to be penciling in the Texans for playoffs just yet.

Kubiak will have his hands full finishing off the AFC South crown. Then the playoff game will carry so much pressure with it, it won't even be funny. he pulls off a playoff win, my sig image comes down. Until then, he is what he is.
Old 11-07-2011   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
The Texans had a similar schedule in 2009, and stumbled,
fumbled, and snickers-added their way to 9-7. They
started 5-7 that year. Remember?

I already know what Kubiak would do if Wade weren't here.
As I said before, it is what it is. Let's just enjoy the ride
without providing unnecessary extras to Kubiak.
The 2009 schedule was nothing like that.

L - NYJets 9-7 (AFC Championship game)
W - Titans 8-8
L - Jags 7-9
W - Oak 5-11
L - Cards 10-6 (NFC Champs)
W - Bengals 10-6 (AFC North Champs)
W - 49ers 8-8
W - Bills 6-10

We started 5-3, beating the Bengals on the road, losing to two very good teams, the Jets (AFC Championship game) & the Cardinals (Super Bowl)

GK doesn't write the schedule & the schedule this early in the season doesn't mean crap..... The 49ers & Harbaugh will play the Ravens, Steelers, & Giants this year, I guarantee you they won't beat one of them.

Matter of fact, I will bet, whatever you want, they'll get blown out in both games they play the @Ravens & have the Steelers at home if that helps you out any.

We're 5-3, losing to the Saints, the Ravens, & the Raiders. It's nothing about Harbaugh that put the Steelers, Ravens, & Giants on the back end of their schedule.

& as far as that loss to the Jags, I bet the 49ers will lose a game to the Cardinals & the Rams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read