Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2011   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Harris Or Carmichel

We all know that the defense has looked probably as good as it ever been in team history this year. I am still seeing threads debating wether or not Allen is better than Jackson or vice verse let's face it neither one of them are really great and at this point they probably are not ever going to be. Wade Phillips has been able to hide the play of Allen and Jackson so far with biltzes and what not which at last brings me to my point. Imagine what the defense would look like if Harris or Carmichel were to win the number two starting corner job next year and live up to the hype they both had just before the draft. Carmichael was placed on IR during traing camp and Harris has not played very much at all so far this year and no one is really certain as to why Harris is not playing very much. Here is hoping that one or the other step up and compete for the starting job opposite Joseph. That would just be awesome. I would still think about keeping Allen or Jackson for corner/safety depth as well as Special Teams play but that might ultimately one of them would be cut from the roster. Any thoughts on Harris or Carmichael taking the starting job away from Jason and Kareem next year and how cool that would be if it did happen? I am not saying it will happen or it won't but it just something I have thought about.
Old 11-06-2011   #2
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Harris Or Carmichel

I think Harris has a better shot at it. He was suppose to be the last safe corner in the draft last year. Past him they said take whenever the corner is drafted, and add on another round and that is where they would be drafted any other year.

I think they are saving Harris this year, because they haven't played a rookie in the secondary this year. Maybe Kubiak still has that bad taste in his mouth from last season's Jackson experiment.

By the way, China called, and it wants it's wall back.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
I think they are saving Harris this year, because they haven't played a rookie in the secondary this year. Maybe Kubiak still has that bad taste in his mouth from last season's Jackson experiment.
I don't think this is about Kubiak having a bad taste in his mouth but rather aboutt he difference between Frank Bush/David Gibbs vs. Wade Phillips/Vance Joseph.

I kinda expected Harris to be on the field by now. But I totally trust Wade to get the right guys out there and put them in positions to do well.

I'm not expecting as much from Carmichael. It will be interesting this offseason to see what other tweaks we make to the D.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #4
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Would anyone give up Harris in a trade to move up in next year's draft, or if it meant getting a #2 WR, NT, or safety?
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
Would anyone give up Harris in a trade to move up in next year's draft, or if it meant getting a #2 WR, NT, or safety?
I'm not worried about NT or Safety anymore.

I want the best WR in the 1st or 2nd round. And pretty much BPA after that. At least, at this point.
Old 11-06-2011   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
We all know that the defense has looked probably as good as it ever been in team history this year.
First, very good post gary, well written, well thought out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I am still seeing threads debating wether or not Allen is better than Jackson or vice verse let's face it neither one of them are really great and at this point they probably are not ever going to be.
Why would you say that?

Some people seem to have some kind of agenda against Kj... Truth of the matter is he is playing very well this year. You can tell he is playing very well this year, because Wade Phillips.... the same guy who has magically turned this defense around, continues to put him out there.

Maybe he isn't flashy, doesn't get a bunch of interceptions (he only had one as a 4 year starter @'bama). But you never hear about him. That means he is doing his job well.

Think about it. Anybody cray about Kareem vs Indy or Miami? Why not? How about Nawl'ns? There was that one series that ended in a TD.... but he played several series before that & several series after that. Do you think it took Brees 3 qtrs to find him? Then forget about him after that?

Baltimore, there are 2 maybe 3 plays that our "fans" continue to comment on. How many snaps do you think Kj took during that game?

Tennessee, Jacksonville..... not really a whole lot of ammo.

Remember, all cornerbacks will get beat from time to time..... that's the nature of the game.

I'm not saying Kj is an all-pro, or even a quality starter at this point. If that were the case, you wouldn't see Allen at all.

As far as next season goes, we're probably not going to look at CB in the draft or FA, Carmichael or McMannis will not make the team & Jason Allen will be signed by some other team.
Old 11-06-2011   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm not worried about NT or Safety anymore.

I want the best WR in the 1st or 2nd round. And pretty much BPA after that. At least, at this point.
If this is really what you want FA is the only way to go.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2011   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If this is really what you want FA is the only way to go.
I'd be happy with that, too.

I just want this WR corps upgraded.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read