Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-06-2011   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Raiders 38 Broncos 24

We know that score isnt right. Does ESPN even get score right ? haha

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-38-broncos-24
Old 11-06-2011   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Raiders 38 Broncos 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post

TEBOOoOooooOOOooOoW!!!!!

All he does is win
Old 11-06-2011   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

TEBOOoOooooOOOooOoW!!!!!

All he does is win
yeah he still had a bad game, i swear he is one of the worst passers in the nfl. Special teams and Willis M won them this game.
Old 11-06-2011   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Whoops, thought someone dug up a thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #5
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yesterday, they had a score update running at the bottom of the screen having Texas Tech beating Texas. I got mad for a second that I missed an epic comeback because I had stopped watching that game when it looked like it was out of hand. Obviously, espn just didn't know what they were doing...
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 95054 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

That post has some grammar errors to.

Do websites even employ spell checkers/editors?
Old 11-07-2011   #7
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah he still had a bad game, i swear he is one of the worst passers in the nfl. Special teams and Willis M won them this game.
Haters hate....

If this was VY everybody would be hanging from his sack right now...

kid wins, don't matter how pretty or ugly it is, a W is a W...

Special teams and Willis M helped win this game, Tebow also helped with his 2 TDs. that was a team rallying around someone they believe in and they shined...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2011   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

300 rush yards against the Raiders. Man
Tebow + McGahee are looking like a pretty intense rushing duo
Old 11-07-2011   #9
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94457 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Haters hate....

Special teams and Willis M helped win this game, Tebow also helped with his 2 TDs. that was a team rallying around someone they believe in and they shined...
Huh?

You've been around this board long enough to know that because of geography and division ties, if this was VY, the reaction would be far more extreme (primarily negative) than that generated by Tebow.

Tebow and VY have many similarities - Tebow is just more national, whereas VY was mostly a regional thing.
Old 11-07-2011   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
300 rush yards against the Raiders. Man
Tebow + McGahee are looking like a pretty intense rushing duo
Tebow may not be an NFL QB (other than name that is) & he may never be an NFL QB, but the kid is talented.

He appears to have leadership qualities & that will to win. If you were an NFL offensive coordinator, do you think you could design an offense with the talent you have there to score 20 points?

With that said, I never would have drafted him in the first round, I never would have signed him as a QB, if he truly grades out as bad as they say he does (I don't know, I don't pay attention to that part of the game).

But if I'm "stuck" with him & I don't want to play Orton, I don't want to play Quin... I find a way to win with this guy if I'm going to say he's my starting QB.

If I'm going to bench Orton, & ignore Quin, I'll find a way to put points on the board with this kid, period. If I can't do that, I was not qualified to make the decision to put him on the field.
Old 11-07-2011   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haters hate....

Very True.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91029 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

How come every time they win it is 100% entirely because of him and every time they lose it is 100% entirely because of him?

Do people actually realize that there are other people on the team?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Huh?

You've been around this board long enough to know that because of geography and division ties, if this was VY, the reaction would be far more extreme (primarily negative) than that generated by Tebow.

Tebow and VY have many similarities - Tebow is just more national, whereas VY was mostly a regional thing.
Really? I am quite sure I could find some old posts from years past, from Texans fans, that would state, and I quote" VY may not be able to throw the ball BUT ALL HE DOES IS WIN..."

Oh and VY was National too, remember the Madden cover and write in to the Pro Bowl?

All I am saying is all Tebow wanted was a chance to prove himself. Just like Mario Williams wanted in 06, just like Aaron Rodgers wanted when he went damn near dead last in the first round when he was projected top 5. So why dog a kid that has good morals (that we know of) strong faith and just wants to succeed where so many want him to fail? I mean folks were ready to put Vick back on a pedestal, after serving time in prison for a despicable act, but want to bury Tebow because he has God on his side? WTF?

I am not a Tebow fan, I wish no ill will on the kid and he never played for any of my teams so I have no reason to cheer for him but, the more I read about how everybody is hating on him for stupid reason, the more I find myself hoping he will shut folks up... Nothing like seeing a hater or "realist" as they call themselves nowadays, eat a nice fat crow sandwich...

Makes no damn sense to me and never will...

Old 11-08-2011   #14
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
How come every time they win it is 100% entirely because of him and every time they lose it is 100% entirely because of him?

As someone famous once said...

Some men(and women), just want to watch the world burn....

Old 11-08-2011   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, add me to the list of people who got Tebow'd. This was my third strike in the survivor league. I should have known better, but I thought the Oakland defense would not fall apart like a tissue and their special teams would not give away the game.

As soon as I saw the last part of that game I started grumbling that I got Tebow'd. All I could do at that moment was to strike the pose.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 361879 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So why dog a kid that has good morals (that we know of) strong faith and just wants to succeed where so many want him to fail? I mean folks were ready to put Vick back on a pedestal, after serving time in prison for a despicable act, but want to bury Tebow because he has God on his side? WTF?
So people are supposed to ignore his 46.4% completion rate because he is Christian?
Old 11-08-2011   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So people are supposed to ignore his 46.4% completion rate because he is Christian?
These are the same people who think the world is 6000 years old though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
But he's the chosen one!

Meanwhile, about 12 other QBs in the league face similar scrutiny, but Tebow talk gets blown out of proportion.
Old 11-08-2011   #19
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Signed,

Peyton Manning
Old 11-08-2011   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Coach Hue is suddenly on thin ice ... benching DHB & Kevin Boss was just stupid, imo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read