Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2011   #1
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Forget winning the division, we should now be playing for a 1st round bye!

There will be two 2 loss teams at the end of the day, and both of them will be in the AFC North. With the schedule we have we can definitely be in the top 2 at the end of the year. It's time that we start setting our expectations a little bit higher. Also, I want to give a big high five to the Bengals!!!!!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Forget winning the division, we should now be playing for a 1st round bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
There will be two 2 loss teams at the end of the day, and both of them will be in the AFC North. With the schedule we have we can definitely be in the top 2 at the end of the year. It's time that we start setting our expectations a little bit higher. Also, I want to give a big high five to the Bengals!!!!!
I love the positive spirit here. Nice job, IMO.

One game at a time and the chips will fall in a favorable way. Today, with the Houston win, Titans and Pats loss, I'm just happy.
Old 11-06-2011   #3
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Forget winning the division, we should now be playing for a 1st round bye!

Let's take it one at a time.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #4
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Win the game....
Get outta there healthy...
Division rivals loses...
Conference teams ahead if you loses...

Pretty good day.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Really?

I'm working on home field through-out.

Old 11-06-2011   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Really?

I'm working on home field through-out.

One in the same, my friend.
Old 11-06-2011   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Win the game....
Get outta there healthy...
Division rivals loses...
Conference teams ahead if you loses...

Pretty good day.
AND a sunday night game where we can watch the Ravens try and bring Big Ben down a notch. So tired of hearing that if they were completely healthy, they would have beaten the Texans. Injuries? You gonna talk injuries to the Texans.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2011   #8
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
AND a sunday night game where we can watch the Ravens try and bring Big Ben down a notch. So tired of hearing that if they were completely healthy, they would have beaten the Texans. Injuries? You gonna talk injuries to the Texans.
I want the Titans/Texans flexed to a Sunday night game. Would love to sleep in New Years Day!
Old 11-06-2011   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't look now, but we got the 2nd best record in the AFC after this weekend. Scary, huh?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #10
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I must be crazy for not wanting to put the cart before the horse.
You're an admitted non-Texans fan so why would you? No one is giving the Texans the division yet, but if a first round bye is dangling out in front of them then that should be the goal.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #11
CharloTex
Veteran

Section: Poolside
Rep Power: 15991 CharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respectedCharloTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let the horse push the cart for once!!

Top seed!!!

Go Texans!!!!!
CharloTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

I agree with this and in no way do I want to appear to be doing anything other than taking it one at a time. I just keep asking myself "What's it going to take to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs?

I'm not saying we're gonna run the table. I'm not even suggesting anything of the sort. I'm just thinking that right now we've got just as much chance as anyone else leading their division to do that.

We need to focus on Tampa Bay and winning that game. Then we get our bye week out of the way, rest, and then hopefully get AJ back.

BUT....

Next week if we beat Tampa Bay then we're 7-3. What's going to happen to everyone else?

Looking in our division the Titans go to Carolina. I think there's a chance they come out of there with a loss. The Jaguars will keep pace by beating the Colts or the Colts will win a pointless victory over them. Either way Jacksonville & Indianapolis don't matter.

The other 3 loss teams are doing the following:

Buffalo goes to Dallas. I could see a loss to Dallas there. It's possible.

Pittsburgh goes to Cincinnati so that takes a 2 win team down either way (assuming Pittsburgh handles Baltimore tonight).

Baltimore goes to Seattle and should win. If they lose tonight they stay at 3 losses. Who knows though? Maybe they go on the road and suck some more like they've been doing.

New England visits the Jets so again there's another 3 loss team getting a fourth loss.

If we take care of our business we have just as much chance of getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs as anyone. AFC Championship game at Reliant anyone?
Old 11-06-2011   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, you're not.
The theme this year is "Try to be 1 - 0 every week"
This week we succeeded.
Let's try to do the same again next week.

The playoffs are two months away. That's the distant future IMO.

I will say this, it is now mathematically impossible for us to go 5-7.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Well, we can wait until we've done it, but where is the fun in that?

There are only three games on our schedule that we might lose. If we take care of business, win the games we're supposed to win, then it comes down to three games.

11-5

12-4

13-3

it's all possible, so why not?

Tampa

Atlanta

Carolina

Why not.
Old 11-06-2011   #15
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been watching the texans for a long time. This team is so focused. The team is really begining to come together i feel like. I feel like we will only lose one more game, and I really think we can make a serious run in the playoffs! I'm only 19 years old so I barely remember the oilers, let alone when they were a serious winning team, but can you imagine how awesome that will be for the fans who have been here since the oilers left for the texans to go to a superbowl?!!!!!

I couldnt even watch the game here at my dorm, I would have to go home and watch it there or else I would probably get a ticket for disturbing the peace!!!!!

Sorry, I am optimistic at the moment if you couldnt tell
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

We, the fans, have nothing to do with preparing for next week or any other week. It's our job to discuss possibilities and look ahead. No team has ever lost a game and blamed it on the fans for looking ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There are only three games on our schedule that we might lose. If we take care of business, win the games we're supposed to win, then it comes down to three games.

11-5

12-4

13-3

Tampa

Atlanta

Carolina

Why not.
I've been negative for so long that I'm dying to be optimistic about this team. I'm not saying "We're going! Count on it!" I'm just saying that I think right now, this season we have just as much right to be optimistic as fans of any other team currently in contention for their division title.

We have a schedule of "not impossible" opponents. We have our hardest games out of the way, or at least the ones that we all universally expected to be the hardest games. Our remaining "tough games" are all scheduled very nicely. Atlanta & Carolina we get here at home. We have a Bengals team on the road.

If we can beat Tampa Bay this week and go to 7-3 things look promising.
Old 11-06-2011   #18
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

11-5

12-4

13-3

Tampa

Atlanta

Carolina

Why not.
Ha, I was thinking three games too but I'd replace the Panthers with the Bengals.

I think they have the defense and passing attack to really threathen us. Not sure about the Panthers defense...and Cam is prone to INTs as well and our guys get INTs.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I agree with this and in no way do I want to appear to be doing anything other than taking it one at a time. I just keep asking myself "What's it going to take to get home field advantage throughout the playoffs?

I'm not saying we're gonna run the table. I'm not even suggesting anything of the sort. I'm just thinking that right now we've got just as much chance as anyone else leading their division to do that.

We need to focus on Tampa Bay and winning that game. Then we get our bye week out of the way, rest, and then hopefully get AJ back.

BUT....

Next week if we beat Tampa Bay then we're 7-3. What's going to happen to everyone else?

Looking in our division the Titans go to Carolina. I think there's a chance they come out of there with a loss. The Jaguars will keep pace by beating the Colts or the Colts will win a pointless victory over them. Either way Jacksonville & Indianapolis don't matter.

The other 3 loss teams are doing the following:

Buffalo goes to Dallas. I could see a loss to Dallas there. It's possible.

Pittsburgh goes to Cincinnati so that takes a 2 win team down either way (assuming Pittsburgh handles Baltimore tonight).

Baltimore goes to Seattle and should win. If they lose tonight they stay at 3 losses. Who knows though? Maybe they go on the road and suck some more like they've been doing.

New England visits the Jets so again there's another 3 loss team getting a fourth loss.

If we take care of our business we have just as much chance of getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs as anyone. AFC Championship game at Reliant anyone?
OMG, that sounds good.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

11-5

12-4

13-3

Tampa

Atlanta

Carolina

Why not.
Because anything can happen in today's modern-day NFL.
Ask the Saints if they expected to lose to the Rams.
Ask the Chiefs if they expected to lose to the winless Dolphins.
Ask Belichick if he thought Eli would out-Brady, Tom Brady.

I count no chickens before they hatch.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read