Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2011   #1
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 248 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are any other Texans fans worried about...

The Colts getting the first pick in the draft? Just wondering what other fan's thoughts were about the subject.

At the beginning of the year, I didnt think the Colts had a shot...but with Miami winning today (and playing well the past three weeks), it looks more and more like the #1 pick will belong to the Colts.

Look, I'm very excited about the 2011 Texans. But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is more or less about the FUTURE of the AFC South. Are you worried about the Colts nabbing Luck? Do you think they would trade it for a crazy ransom? Would they trade Manning? What are your thoughts on the subject?
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are any other Texans fans worried about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc713 View Post
The Colts getting the first pick in the draft? Just wondering what other fan's thoughts were about the subject.

At the beginning of the year, I didnt think the Colts had a shot...but with Miami winning today (and playing well the past three weeks), it looks more and more like the #1 pick will belong to the Colts.

Look, I'm very excited about the 2011 Texans. But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is more or less about the FUTURE of the AFC South. Are you worried about the Colts nabbing Luck? Do you think they would trade it for a crazy ransom? Would they trade Manning? What are your thoughts on the subject?
Not sure why anyone would be worried about a guy who hasn't played a down in the NFL yet..... Remember when Reggie Bush was supposed to be a can't miss prospect and the next Gale Sayers?
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is BS. On a Sunday in Week 9?? C'mon man!! Sorry, but geezus, worry about it in February.
Old 11-06-2011   #4
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very worried that the Colts will get Luck. That's just their luck (pun intended), that Peyton goes down and they basically get the highest rated QB coming out of college since Elway. Damn Colts!!!

Side note....no way in hell do the Texans not snap their 0-forever against Indy in Indianapolis. Colts will hand us the game.
Old 11-06-2011   #5
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not even sure the Colts would draft Luck... if Peyton comes back from his injury and can get back to his old self, I could see them trading the pick and being able to fill a whole lot of holes and be a superbowl contender for the next 4-5 years.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

First, I totally expect them to get the first pick in the draft. They could easily go 0-fer this year.

Second, it is what it is. For us to be a perennial winner, we can't be afraid of Luck or Manning or whatever. We need to have a defense that makes either of those guys look bad.

Third, rookie QBs may be coming in this year and looking good (Newton, Dalton, etc.) but that doesn't always happen. So if the Colts do get Luck, Luck might not end up being all that.

Fourth, I think it's a mistake to trade Manning at this point in his career and place the hopes of your franchise on an untested rookie. If I was Polian, I'd draft Luck and let him sit for a year or two before trading Manning.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

This thread needs to go to the NFL thread or coltsfreaks.com
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2011   #8
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

If if's and buts were rainbows and nuts...

Is that how the saying goes? If not, I'll go with this instead...

Can we at least get to the offseason before we start spazzing about the draft?
Old 11-06-2011   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Don't care.
I want to keep building a defense that traumatizes whoever lines up against us
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We've got a 6-3 team to worry about right now.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

after this season, i dont think even peyton manning can save them now that they know what they really are. i'd only worry about the colts having the first pick if they're able to trade it away for a fortune in current in future picks - because a young quarterback isnt going to do a lick of good with that mess.
Old 11-06-2011   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Their receiving core isn't all that great. They have no RBs. Their OL and DL is aging.
I'm not worried about a Manning-less Colts. He makes them all better than they really are. Luck may be good but he isn't Peyton.

Who cares if it's week 9 or the playoffs? It's football talk. Don't want to engage? Skip the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
after this season, i dont think even peyton manning can save them now that they know what they really are. i'd only worry about the colts having the first pick if they're able to trade it away for a fortune in current in future picks - because a young quarterback isnt going to do a lick of good with that mess.
Think they would? I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Think they would? I do.
after manning's production, i think they'd take luck and hope for a repeat.
Old 11-06-2011   #15
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Luck =/= Manning. I'm sorry, but at this point Luck doesn't scare me. He hasn't played a down in the league, and certainly doesn't draw a comparison to Manning.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #16
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

When you're losing by 30 every game you need more than a qb to be competitive again. Even with Manning playing, this team would be .500 at best. If the colts are smart they trade the #1 to the dolphins for their #1,#2, #3.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #17
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts actually kind of suck 1-45.

Our depth is far, far better than theirs and we outcoach them too.

Not really worried if Peyton or Luck are driving next year.
Old 11-06-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I think it sucks that we won't get to beat Peyton Manning to win this division. I'd love to have him back to 100% next year & test this team against the best QB to play this game in my lifetime.

Having said that, Andrew Luck ain't Peyton Manning & even Peyton Manning gets beat.

Just like any other QB, Andrew Luck has got to fall into the right situation. If he goes to Indy & they expect him to be Peyton Manning, that won't be the right situation.

I think it will be interesting to see if Pollian can do it again, & I'd love to be the team that makes it difficult for him. I don't think dropping Luck into what the Colts have now is going to put them in the catbird seat right away.
Old 11-06-2011   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think it sucks that we won't get to beat Peyton Manning to win this division. I'd love to have him back to 100% next year & test this team against the best QB to play this game in my lifetime.

Having said that, Andrew Luck ain't Peyton Manning & even Peyton Manning gets beat.
Just like any other QB, Andrew Luck has got to fall into the right situation. If he goes to Indy & they expect him to be Peyton Manning, that won't be the right situation.

I think it will be interesting to see if Pollian can do it again, & I'd love to be the team that makes it difficult for him. I don't think dropping Luck into what the Colts have now is going to put them in the catbird seat right away.
I completely agree there and no kool-aid was administered before I posted this.
Old 11-06-2011   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Are any other Texans fans worried about...

Quote:
Yes. I think at this point most of us are now cheering for the Colts. Especially with Miami winning today.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read