Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-14-2011   #401
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Supposedly this is an aerial shot of Sandusky's house....

Old 11-14-2011   #402
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Unreal that she didn't recuse herself.
seems like everything in the general Penn St area is dirty or out of touch with reality. Emperor's new clothes stuff.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #403
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 197748 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

It's not unsolved mysteries what he was trying to do is it ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #404
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

There will be dozens of multi-million dollar lawsuits and I'm thinking that the civil lawsuits stemming from all this could bankrupt Penn St.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #405
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 52248 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

So what's that? A couple hundred more kids put at risk for a decade because of systematic indifference and coverup?

I guess the "they did the bare minimum required by law" crowd find that an acceptable risk.
Old 11-14-2011   #406
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
seems like everything in the general Penn St area is dirty or out of touch with reality. Emperor's new clothes stuff.
Funny thing is... that same kind of aura sums up the Texas Longhorns community. It's a college town sort of thing. I'm still stunned by the depravity that went on within the Penn State community starting with McQeary and Joe Paterno. The program deserves the NCAA death penalty for this reason alone. Its alumni and boosters are out of control.
Old 11-14-2011   #407
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

greggdoyelcbs Gregg Doyel
Best PR move Joe Paterno could make is to fire the PR firm he just hired.

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
That's the ordinary Joe we know. 'Plain and Proud.' RT @MarkRaganCEO: Joe Paterno working with PR firm TMG strategies http://bit.ly/sPIchK

Wow he still dont get it. It aint about him its about the kids.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2011   #408
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 52248 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Funny thing is... that same kind of aura sums up the Texas Longhorns community. It's a college town sort of thing. I'm still stunned by the depravity that went on within the Penn State community starting with McQeary and Joe Paterno. The program deserves the NCAA death penalty for this reason alone. Its alumni and boosters are out of control.
I think that same observation could be made by the local residents near any major football power. However, I wouldn't go too far here. While I might entertain that they are ALL guilty of cutting corners or downright cheating to win, I'd still like to believe that most programs have at least one good man or woman who would speak out against the crimes perpetrated and covered up at Penn State.

The fish stinks from the head. Had the leadership at Penn State not condoned the activity through inaction or not wanting to know, this would have been a crime that had been committed and punished a decade ago.
Old 11-14-2011   #409
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 197748 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?sct=cf_t2_a3

Quote:
League commissioner Jim Delany said Monday that it is "inappropriate" to keep Paterno's name on the trophy that will be awarded Dec. 3 after the first Big Ten title game.

Penn State fired Paterno, its longtime head coach, last week and investigations are under way into allegations of child sex-abuse involving a former assistant for the Nittany Lions.

The trophy had been named the Stagg-Paterno Championship Trophy. Amos Alonzo Stagg won 319 games in 57 years, most at the University of Chicago. Paterno's 409 wins are the most by a major college coach.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1diFDyn6O

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #410
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I cleaned this thread up...you can continue with the more personal conversation that was cut out here if you choose.

Old 11-14-2011   #411
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/14/jerry-...dunkin-donuts/
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #412
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90222 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I cleaned this thread up...you can continue with the more personal conversation that was cut out here if you choose.
I wish in a sense this thread never had ever existed. What has allegedly happened is so disgusting, so awful and so disgraceful that I completely lost my stomach for the topic. It just made me want to grab a baseball bat and do to Sandusky's genitals what the legal system won't.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #413
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I wish in a sense this thread never had ever existed. What has allegedly happened is so disgusting, so awful and so disgraceful that I completely lost my stomach for the topic. It just made me want to grab a baseball bat and do to Sandusky's genitals what the legal system won't.
Look at this...

1) The law is written in a way so that groups can get away with covering up child abuse by exonerating people for not reporting this to the authorities. They are legally clear if they kick the problem upstairs. There is a moral breach here that puts people at odds with the "legal advice" they may be getting from their employers.

2) Sandusky didn't have to put up a nickle in bail money.

Quote:
Jerry Sandusky Penn State Scandal: Judge Who Granted Bail Knew Jerry Sandusky From Charity
By Myles Collier
Reports surfaced that the judge who granted Jerry Sandusky’s unsecured bail volunteered for the former Penn State defensive coordinators’ nonprofit organization, The Second Mile.

Sandusky, 67, is charged with 21 felony counts for allegedly sexually abusing eight boys over a 15-year period.

The state Attorney General office originally requested bail set at $500,000 and required Sandusky to wear an electronic ankle monitor.

District Judge Leslie Dutchcot decided that the $100,000 unsecured bail was sufficient; she did however, order Sandusky to stay away from children. With unsecured bail, Sandusky will not have to pay any money unless he does not show up to court.

"These details have got to be reviewed. I'm sending off a letter to Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Ron Castillo and asking him to look at what happened here, to look at the reports that are out there, and if, in fact, this district justice has a conflict of interest." State Rep. Mike Vereb to Fox News Affiliate WTXF-TV.

Some in the community were shocked that Sandusky received bail at all.
http://m.christianpost.com/news/jerr...charity-61722/

Old 11-14-2011   #414
JPPT1974
Thanksgiving 14

Rep Power: 1472 JPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respectedJPPT1974 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's remember the victims. Not PSU as these children and their famiiles. Need to not be forgotten. As their lives are ruined forever. It will take beyond healing for them!
Old 11-15-2011   #415
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ennstate-abuse

interview
Old 11-15-2011   #416
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90222 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The Costas interview was the creepiest since the michael jackson one

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #417
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Costas interview

8804779-jerry-sandusky-to-bob-costas-in-exclusive-rock-center-interview-i-shouldnt-have-showered-with-those-kids
Old 11-15-2011   #418
ArlingtonTexan

Costas interview

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ith-those-kids
Old 11-15-2011   #419
Vinny
shiny happy fan

NY Times reporting ten more victims have come forward as well
Quote:
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Close to 10 additional suspected victims have come forward to the authorities since the arrest of the former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky on Nov. 5 on 40 counts of sexually abusing young boys, according to people close to the investigation. The police are working to confirm the new allegations.

The news of additional accusations came on a day when Sandusky made his first extended public comments since his arrest, and the resignation of the chief executive of the Second Mile foundation, the charity founded by Sandusky, was made public.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/15/sp...e-scandal.html

Old 11-15-2011   #420
PsychoLove
Church Of FSM

Rep Power: 1731 PsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respectedPsychoLove is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NY Times reporting ten more victims have come forward as well http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/15/sp...e-scandal.html
I bet there will be more........
PsychoLove is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read