Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2011   #21
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 25372 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Andre Johnson Ruled OUT Against Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharloTex View Post
... said Payton Manning.
Who?
Old 11-04-2011   #22
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

We should have been resting him from the beginning. We don't need him to make the playoffs, but we for sure need him in the playoffs.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #23
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5772 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to see him in uniform until after the bye week. No reason this team shouldn't be able to tow the line until that time. If we are sitting pretty after that, I'd let him dress but wouldn't put him in unless he was needed to make the playoffs. Hopefully that isn't a requirement.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #24
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, I want AJ out there. If he's too injured to play than fine, but 100%? I think many players will tell you there is no such thing as 100%

It really comes down to if the injury they are playing on can get worse.

All this we don't need him against these lesser teams stuff, this is the NFL. It's all about matchups, and if a lesser team can take away your strengths then they are going to win. If a lesser team can shut down our passing attack (which isn't difficult without Andre) then they can win.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #25
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

I also think we should rest him till after the bye week. Playing Tampa away wont be a cake walk though.
TexansBlood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #26
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

i just wanna see our HOF WR be apart of our first play-off team. That would be a big failure to him IMO.
Old 11-04-2011   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
I don't want to see him in uniform until after the bye week. No reason this team shouldn't be able to tow the line until that time. If we are sitting pretty after that, I'd let him dress but wouldn't put him in unless he was needed to make the playoffs. Hopefully that isn't a requirement.
Being healthy for the playoffs is what counts.

I seriously doubt its a requirement , I think with the Tit's remaining schedule the Texans could go .500 from here on out and still win the division.

The Tits have some tough games on the horizon-

Cincy
Atl
TB
Buff
NO
Hou

All of the above could be losses tho I dont expect them to go 2-6 the rest of the way.

Their other remaining games are Jax and Carolina both of which have played close games for the most part all season and could beat anyone on their schedules.

If 9-7 is good enough to win the division and keep 80 on the sidelines until he's 100% healthy and ready for the playoffs ..... I could live with it tho I expect them to finish no worse than 10-6 and possibly as well as 12-4.

I just dont know if I could stand the atmosphere around here if they were to only go 9-7.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2011   #28
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i just wanna see our HOF WR be apart of our first play-off team. That would be a big failure to him IMO.
Seriously, how terrible would that be? After 9 entire seasons, we finally make the playoffs in his 10th year but he's on IR and can't play in the playoffs?

I want to see him take as much time as necessary and come back 100% with no questions. No 90% no 95% no 80%.... 100%. We've won two extremely important division games without him. We're 3-0 in the South. Our next division game we'll be coming off a bye week with our guys fully rested.

The stars are aligned this year. But we're going to need AJ for the playoffs. When we're playing teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens... we're going to need him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #29
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Seriously, how terrible would that be? After 9 entire seasons, we finally make the playoffs in his 10th year but he's on IR and can't play in the playoffs?

I want to see him take as much time as necessary and come back 100% with no questions. No 90% no 95% no 80%.... 100%. We've won two extremely important division games without him. We're 3-0 in the South. Our next division game we'll be coming off a bye week with our guys fully rested.

The stars are aligned this year. But we're going to need AJ for the playoffs. When we're playing teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens... we're going to need him.
Yeah i would be dissapointed as a fan if he isnt a big part of the season even if it starts after the bye week.

I'd be worse to see him standing on the sidelines as our team takes the field in our first ever play-off appearance. He has given his all for the team and i know he would be proud of the team i think he would be dissapointed in himself.
Old 11-04-2011   #30
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching video of Kubiak earlier in the week and he was kinda proudly stating that "we worked him hard on Monday", so we are giving him off Tuesday. Now its reported that he has a setback (heard it on sportsradio earlier - been a bit out of the loop today). Wasn't it kinda dumb to "work him hard Monday"??? I mean, in lieu of the fact that most of us knew his injury was at least a 6wk recovery period. Doesn't this strike anyone as a little...you know, not smart?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #31
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was watching video of Kubiak earlier in the week and he was kinda proudly stating that "we worked him hard on Monday", so we are giving him off Tuesday. Now its reported that he has a setback (heard it on sportsradio earlier - been a bit out of the loop today). Wasn't it kinda dumb to "work him hard Monday"??? I mean, in lieu of the fact that most of us knew his injury was at least a 6wk recovery period. Doesn't this strike anyone as a little...you know, not smart?

if i pointed out all the "not smart" choices our staff and FO make, then this forum would have to buy more gigabytes of web to contain my posts
Old 11-04-2011   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
What makes either one of you say this? Nothing in the article suggested either one. Dre has repeatedly stated that he'll be back when HE feels he's 100% and not before. With 2 very winnable games before the bye week, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him out until after the bye.
According to CnD, he will never be 100% again. The tendon they cut (and did not repair) would be needed for that explosion Andre has. His burst will never be what it was until he gets it fixed, which may not be possible.

If Andre is expecting to "feel like himself" he may not be back this season.
Old 11-04-2011   #33
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
According to CnD, he will never be 100% again. The tendon they cut (and did not repair) would be needed for that explosion Andre has. His burst will never be what it was until he gets it fixed, which may not be possible.

If Andre is expecting to "feel like himself" he may not be back this season.
He could still make it back to 100% dont underestimate the power of medicine/technology. Plus none of us have seen the X ray/MRI so everything other than what the FO tells us is just speculation. I do however respect CNDs medical opinion, BUT god i HOPE he's wrong.
Old 11-04-2011   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
There are 8 games left on our schedule. With Andre our chances of going 13-3 or 12-4 & the possibility of hosting the AFC Championship game is a lot greater.

Hosting the AFC Championship game improves our chances of going on to the Super Bowl.

Call me crazy....

& I'm fine with that.
Old 11-04-2011   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Asked if Johnson had a setback this week with his hamstring, Kubiak said, “No, I wouldn’t say that at all. I just think that was as hard as we’ve pushed him and there’s obviously levels you have to reach to get back on the field and when he got pushed Monday, the response was, ‘No, not yet.’ So, we backed off him, but today he was excellent. The spirits are back up and he’s in a great mood, felt good about what happened today. We’ll get there.”

Kubiak wouldn’t say if Johnson would be ready for next week, but Johnson's reaction to Monday's workout wasn't very encouraging.

We kind of had a little setback from our Monday workout,” Johnson said. “I have been sore for a couple days. I went out and ran today, so it felt pretty good. … It was more of just soreness. It had got pretty sore, probably a little sorer than it’s ever been
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...75988/33108566

Quote:
Johnson, who will miss his fifth straight game, was injured in the Texans' 17-10 win over Pittsburgh in Week 4. He developed soreness after a hard workout on Monday that raised concern.

"We kind of had a little setback," Johnson said.

Johnson sat out practice all this week, though he stretched and ran on a separate field Friday. Houston coach Gary Kubiak said Johnson is "very close," but added, "Obviously, he's not ready to go yet."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/71...eveland-browns

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #36
Endcoachment
Rookie

Rep Power: 101 Endcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respectedEndcoachment is a quality contributor and well respected

CND was wrong about foster being out longer. And im sure hes wrong about Dre too.

There was a guy who 'worked in the medical center' on 610 radio. He said he had spoke with various doctors about Dres hammy and said there was no way to heal a hammy and that all you can do is wrap it.

Im sorry, im no doctor as well. What i do know is that the texans pay their staff to be the very best at what they do, or else CND and the guys this buster spoke to would be working for the texans. Sorry, the average person is not andre johnson.

But i do enjoy CND's input as it is interesting to hear a docs perspective even if that docs input is skewed by treating average individuals.
Endcoachment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #37
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcoachment View Post
CND was wrong about foster being out longer. And im sure hes wrong about Dre too.

There was a guy who 'worked in the medical center' on 610 radio. He said he had spoke with various doctors about Dres hammy and said there was no way to heal a hammy and that all you can do is wrap it.

Im sorry, im no doctor as well. What i do know is that the texans pay their staff to be the very best at what they do, or else CND and the guys this buster spoke to would be working for the texans. Sorry, the average person is not andre johnson.

But i do enjoy CND's input as it is interesting to hear a docs perspective even if that docs input is skewed by treating average individuals.
So you think because a doctor works for an NFL team that means he/she is the best of the best? From what I have seen over the years with the Texans medical staff I would gladly go see CND before some of those dr's. It is just like anything else. There are good and bad dr's at all levels of the medical field. That is why it is so wonderful to live in the USA and have a choice. A special thank you to all the veterans on texanstalk.
Old 11-05-2011   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
So you think because a doctor works for an NFL team that means he/she is the best of the best? From what I have seen over the years with the Texans medical staff I would gladly go see CND before some of those dr's. It is just like anything else. There are good and bad dr's at all levels of the medical field. That is why it is so wonderful to live in the USA and have a choice. A special thank you to all the veterans on texanstalk.
I'd also like to think it's the nature of the business, for these guys to give "best case" scenarios

Looked like Andre was on track, but experienced a setback Monday. Had it not been for that, Andre could be playing tomorrow.

Should he have been running Monday? I don't know. Has Andre caused another injury? I don't know... It's hard to tell from Andre's quotes...
Old 11-05-2011   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endcoachment View Post

Endcoachment,

I can appreciate your comments. Let me point that injuries are never entirely predictable, although there ARE principles that give the greatest chance for healing and least chance of setback. I would direct you to our discussions of my take of having to keep Foster out longer after his initial preseason injury. He was brought back too soon and subsequently had to deal with prolonged in-season problems. When he did finally get back, he had one very good Pittsburg game. In his next 2 games, he went back to looking like he again “lost” something. Pushed too hard too soon? Now that he is evidently well-healed, he has shown back-to-back closer to “Arian” level performances in weeks 7 and 8, although in his week 8 performance of 30 carries with only 3.4 yds/carry, he still may not have regained his max explosiveness/performance when meeting resistance against large defensive walls.

As to your comment of treating only “ordinary” people? When following the same established principles of healing, “ordinary” people are LESS likely to re-injure than “elite” athletes. Therefore, those principles should actually be adhered to in a more stringent fashion. However, it is the conflicting interests of getting players back on the field as soon as possible are the factors that play a role in the “skewing” of judgement. Finally, my patient population over the years have indeed included mostly as you call it, “ordinary people,” but that has been along with a healthy dose of collegiate and professional athletes, albeit not ever as an official "team doctor. I can only make recommendations as to their treatment and restrictions based upon sound reasoning and experience. In the end, even if partially "controlled" by other surrounding tempting forces, their choices to follow those recommendations or not are beyond my control. Like in so many things in life, as pertains to BOTH patient and doctor, some will "get through it" ignoring effective principles, good sense and sound supported advice.......most will not.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #40
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Dre will be back, and it will be when he's ready, which I'm fine with. There's no reason to rush anything at this point. If he missed the TB game, then he gets an extra 2 weeks to be completely healed, which is great.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read