Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-26-2005   #1
Xman
Veteran

Default The "Secret" Plan - Shhhhh . . .

Instead of filling holes this offseason (positions such as OLT and OLB), CC has decided to "fix" what he considers problems in existing positions filled by aging veterans.

The plan:

1) Replace the overpaid old guys that are not performing up to snuff - or at least as many as possible (Walker/McKinney should be nervous) to take the cap hits now.
CC - "Boy, I thought they were better than that when I signed then"

2) Ignore the commonly perceived "need" positions because Peek/Wand/Hollis/DDavis/WRs/TEs/etc. will develop (CC hopes - but at least by waiting he will not have conflicts at the positions) .
CC - "Trust me, they are better than they look"

3) Get another high draft pick in 2006 - because we will probably not be going to the playoffs.
CC - "I don't know what you are talkign about, we will win THIS year"

4) Let the Peek/Wand/Hollis/DDavis type players either perform in 2005 or replace them in 2006.
CC - in 2006 "See, I told you X would develop, just ignore those other 2 players"

5) Either have the cap room in 2006 to dump the guys we don't dump this year (hello Walker) or have the cap room to sign a few studs - - EJames (who will be available again next year for less just like Alexander) comes to mind for next year if DDavis has a repeat performance of the dropsies. OR, WHAT IF CASSERLY BELIEVES SEATTLE WILL DUMP ALEXANDER THIS YEAR (like we have Sharper and Glenn) - AND WE CAN JUST SIGN HIM (they seem desperate to lose him for some reason).
CC - "It is a process, and boy don't you like having X"

6) Buy more insurance on DCarr.
CC - "We knew he could survive, its just too bad about his shoulder . . . "

End result - we are looking at least 2 years away at any SB hopes, but maybe these moves give us more top end potential.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there a smiley face available that kind of shows the little smiley beating it's head agains the wall? I want one of those for times like this.
Old 04-26-2005   #3
Davis37
All Pro

I think CC's master plan is to win big or lose big this year. If all of these moves on the defense work, awesome. If they dont, at least we will have high draft picks next year.
Old 04-26-2005   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Is there a smiley face available that kind of shows the little smiley beating it's head agains the wall? I want one of those for times like this.
Khari is slacking--I have seen one of those on other MB's.
Old 04-26-2005   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Looking for this guy?

I think FO is trying hard to make a big run this year too. It's a big gamble and should give an exciting and above all, different look this year.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #6
wiley2002
Veteran

The suspence is too much for my brain to take. Bring on the regular season already. I want to see if this is truely the Steel Blue Wrecking Crew.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, that's the guy! Thanks Sassy, it's exactly how I feel these days.
Old 04-26-2005   #8
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiley2002
The suspence is too much for my brain to take. Bring on the regular season already. I want to see if this is truely the Steel Blue Wrecking Crew.
I cant wait either. Either we are gonna wreck shop, or wreck our team... I like the name "Steel Blue Wrecking Crew"!
Old 04-26-2005   #9
SESupergenius

I WAS going to renew my NFL TV package.....I think I'll just try and catch them on regular cable TV.
Old 04-26-2005   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Secret plans always work and if they don't, no one knows about it because it was a secret!
Old 04-26-2005   #11
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40
Secret plans always work and if they don't, no one knows about it because it was a secret!
lol ya Maybe were hoping we can have a real cheap D this year thats pretty good then next year sign abunch of FA in need postions on O and have a pretty good balanced team? I mean who doesnt wanna play with Johnson and Carr?
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
I think CC's master plan is to win big or lose big this year. If all of these moves on the defense work, awesome. If they dont, at least we will have high draft picks next year.
I think what's happening is that we are going to mount a serious effort to
get into the playoffs this year and at the same time we are in the process of reloading our personnel, atleast on the D side of the ball. That's pretty ambitious, but I admire Cass & Capers for bringing in younger players and still, hopefully, continuing to elevate the teams performance. And by keeping that cap monster uncontrol, you're in a position to take a shot at a big free agent like an Orlando Pace when one becomes available.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read