Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2011   #1
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default According to ESPN writer:

There is six other receivers better than Andre Johnson.
  1. Calving Johnson
  2. Greg Jennings
  3. Mike Wallace
  4. Steve Smith
  5. Hakeem Nicks
  6. Wes Welker

Quote:
Welker remains one spot up on Andre Johnson. The Texans receiver is a little like McFadden, in my eyes; I think he'll play this week, and when he plays he should be mighty good, but it's not a given he plays every week.
I don't have a problem with the list, as long as we are talking about stats this year, but he doesn't specify on that. The last part though I kind of question. He has had a significant injury the past two years, and missed some playing time. However, I can't remember him ever missing a game over something little.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: According to ESPN writer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
There is six other receivers better than Andre Johnson.
  1. Calving Johnson
  2. Greg Jennings
  3. Mike Wallace
  4. Steve Smith
  5. Hakeem Nicks
  6. Wes Welker

I don't have a problem with the list, as long as we are talking about stats this year, but he doesn't specify on that. The last part though I kind of question. He has had a significant injury the past two years, and missed some playing time. However, I can't remember him ever missing a game over something little.

What ***** writer compared him to McFadden?!?! Andre has made history where McFadden is just now trying to break through in the league. If you want to knock him for the last couple of years then fine, but Andre played through injury all year last year before the team decided to shut him down. It wasn't his decision to sit out. I just don't see the comparison there.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

:shakeweight:

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

No Fitz? Just cause Kolb is crap doesn't mean Fitz isn't a great WR.

Also, Mike Wallace? Really? He catches like 2 balls a game, and 1 of them is usually for 80 yards after beating some coverage. He's not that special as a complete WR, just a burner. Would gladly take every other receiver on that list over him.
Old 11-04-2011   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Also, Mike Wallace? Really? He catches like 2 balls a game, and 1 of them is usually for 80 yards after beating some coverage. He's not that special as a complete WR, just a burner. Would gladly take every other receiver on that list over him.
Aside from Johnson and Nicks the entire list is smallish WR who make a living on their speed.

The writer obviously has a preference.
Old 11-04-2011   #6
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this a fantasy football list?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Link please?
Old 11-04-2011   #8
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wallace is what JJ is supposed to be, I would take Wallace if we had a healthy Andre to go along side him and cut JJ next season.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Aside from Johnson and Nicks the entire list is smallish WR who make a living on their speed.

The writer obviously has a preference.
Megatron is tiny?
Old 11-04-2011   #10
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Megatron is tiny?
Megatron's last name is Johnson...... I think that's who he's talking about.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Wallace is what JJ is supposed to be, I would take Wallace if we had a healthy Andre to go along side him and cut JJ next season.
Well duh, I would like to have him on the team. I'm saying he's not as valuable as other WRs listed. His game is easily shut down with good pressure on Big Ben, which is what happened when he played us.
Old 11-04-2011   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this another fantasy list?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #13
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Is this a fantasy football list?

It says in the article that this is both a fantasy list and a list that he would go by in the game itself. I think he is leaning more towards the fantasy list though. It is hard to tell because all he does is just list the top QBs, RBs, WRs, and so on. I sure hope this is a fantasy list though. The only thing that makes me doubt that is AJ being 7 on the fantasy list doesn't make sense right now, since he has been injured. It is kind of like he wants it to be a fantasy list, but then says that it could be used for the real game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Link please?
It is an ESPN Insider article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Is this another fantasy list?
See my first response.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #14
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 3408 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

It's an opinion list. This isn't based on historical production or comparing player skills, its based on what offense and receiver are hot through week 8. Andre can't be while on the bench.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really consider AJ injury prone and totally disagree with the McFadden comparison.

AJ's injury history off the top of my head.
2011: current problem
2010: high ankle sprain, played through it mostly while the team was in contention. I don't recall him missing any games?
2007 or so?: When he tore his PCL or MCL and missed 4-6 weeks.

I am missing more injuries?

I'd consider the one in 07 signficant along with the one this season.
Old 11-04-2011   #16
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what makes sports fans STUPID.

The general public sees lists like this and thinks "oh, well, this has gotta be true, I mean a guy on ESPN is saying it!" so they believe it too.

And that's how stupidity spreads.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: According to ESPN writer:

Quote:

...and prior to this year when was the last time Steve Smith had good stats? Lame list in general (not just because of Dre).

Not being able to read the article - if this is a week 9 receiver list, I can't disagree. If it is season or in general, I heartily disagree.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #18
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Megatron's last name is Johnson...... I think that's who he's talking about.
He is the only person on the list with the last name Johnson.
Old 11-04-2011   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

My top 5 WR's in the NFL -

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Wes Welker
Steve Smith
Larry Fitz

Its this group .... then everybody else in no specific order.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

'eh, AJ's peers voted him tops for the NFLN's Top 100 show. I'd take their collective opinions over unnamed ESPN writer.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read