Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2011   #21
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Plus, his running style will let him play a long time IMO. He doesn't take big hits. He gets what he can and then he surrenders himself or goes down in a way that he avoids the kill shot.

I'd take Arian over any back in the league.
I don't know about his style lasting long. He relies heavily on agility and quick moves. Generally, those things are the first to go.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 273403 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lebron giving Arian and 'Dre love?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I don't know about his style lasting long. He relies heavily on agility and quick moves. Generally, those things are the first to go.
I think it's his vision and quick decision making; i.e., he sees the hole and makes a decisive cut immediately. That's what makes him special to me.

And folks like Marshall Faulk and Marcus Allen played a long time using quick moves and agility. And, like those guys, he's also very elusive - as someone else said, he doesn't take on many big hits. That attribute should lengthen his career too.

As long as his hammy behaves - and doesn't recur like A.J.'s just did - he should have a fairly decent career.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #23
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I think it's his vision and quick decision making; i.e., he sees the hole and makes a decisive cut immediately. That's what makes him special to me.

And folks like Marshall Faulk and Marcus Allen played a long time using quick moves and agility. And, like those guys, he's also very elusive - as someone else said, he doesn't take on many big hits. That attribute should lengthen his career too.

As long as his hammy behaves - and doesn't recur like A.J.'s just did - he should have a fairly decent career.
Hope so!

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #24
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lebron giving Arian love?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Thank you!! I feel the same way

He might be a damn good B-ball player, but I'd rather suck a fart from a dead chickens ass than listen to what he has to say about anything.
Suck a fart out of a chicken????? No thanks, I'll pass on that one. The things some people say. How do you feel about that Gary?

Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Heavily? No.

Jhavid best relies heavily on agility and quick moves. Lesean McCoy relies heavily in agility and quick moves.

Arian has a good balance and doesn't take a lot of big hits. That's why he should last for a while in the league.

He's not a bruiser that is going to be constantly in collisions and he's not a guy who's greatest asset is his speed and quickness. He has great vision and a great feel for the game which is something he should always have.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011   #26
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lebron giving Arian and 'Dre love?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Heavily? No.

Jhavid best relies heavily on agility and quick moves. Lesean McCoy relies heavily in agility and quick moves.

Arian has a good balance and doesn't take a lot of big hits. That's why he should last for a while in the league.

He's not a bruiser that is going to be constantly in collisions and he's not a guy who's greatest asset is his speed and quickness. He has great vision and a great feel for the game which is something he should always have.
On the sports science thing, they showed how his footwork saved him wear and tear.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read