Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2011   #41
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jason LaCanfora tweet regarding Optimus Prime aka #80

Um....

"Rainmaker"

Thanks.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
Rep!!!!! There's no way you could compare having , David Carr to Mathew Stafford. CJ is being spoiled right now
Last yr CJ had Shaun Hill/Drew Stafford for about 13 games. Ewww.....

Love AJ, I just hope he takes his time and recovers fully in time for the playoffs.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #43
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I love me some AJ!

BUT, CJ has had 3 of his 5 season's with double digit TDs. Two of those season's were without Stafford. AJ has had 0 double digit TD seasons in 9 years.

AJ has him beat in average receptions and yards, but what get's players into the HOF? TDs, yards and W's.

In the end, they're both freaks athletically and I wouldn't ***** if I had either. However, CJ will likely have to better career at the rate things are going.
Old 11-04-2011   #44
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What's the risk?

This isn't a regular "hamstring" injury, there is nothing to "reaggravate" the tendon was completely cut, not reattached. It's not like he can tear it again.
If the released semitendinosus muscle which is located between the other 2 hamstring muscles, is not completely healed, it can affect the function and "coordination" of these other 2 muscles........and injury can occur to them. Furthermore, any compensation by other muscles and/or joints for the functional abnormalities that it may cause can result in injury to those other muscles and/or joints. Adequate healing is important no matter what surgical procedure was performed.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #45
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak reporting he will be out sunday against the Browns.

Source was the official Texans Tweeter.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #46
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Dre is out. Thread done.
Old 11-04-2011   #47
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw NFLN last night when Canfora was on a video chat saying to the NFLN audience that Dre was playing Sunday "barring a setback."

I literally chuckled out loud when he said that.
Old 11-04-2011   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsplint View Post
I love AJ, but Calvin Johnson is in beast mode. I would hold off on the one uppance...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dre aka Optimus Prime is still > than CJ aka Megatron!!

Cortland Innegan's ass-whoopin' is proof!
Old 11-04-2011   #49
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1333 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Irrelevant. I was talking about game ability. But thanks for trying.
Old 11-04-2011   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's the risk?

This isn't a regular "hamstring" injury, there is nothing to "reaggravate" the tendon was completely cut, not reattached. It's not like he can tear it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If the released semitendinosus muscle which is located between the other 2 hamstring muscles, is not completely healed, it can affect the function and "coordination" of these other 2 muscles........and injury can occur to them. Furthermore, any compensation by other muscles and/or joints for the functional abnormalities that it may cause can result in injury to those other muscles and/or joints. Adequate healing is important no matter what surgical procedure was performed.

From ESPN:

SETBACK: Andre Johnson to remain sidelined

Quote:
HOUSTON -- Houston Texans star receiver Andre Johnson will sit out Sunday's game against Cleveland as he continues to nurse a right hamstring injury.

Johnson, who will miss his fifth straight game, was injured in the Texans' 17-10 win over Pittsburgh in Week 4. He developed soreness after a hard workout on Monday that raised concern.

"We kind of had a little setback," Johnson said.

Johnson sat out practice all this week, though he stretched and ran on a separate field Friday. Houston coach Gary Kubiak said Johnson is "very close," but added, "Obviously, he's not ready to go yet."

Johnson met with doctors and plans to test the injury in another workout next Monday.

"Just have to keep working hard and stay positive," Johnson said. "At the same time, even though I was sore for a few days, I still think we're headed in the right direction."

The Texans (5-3) are 2-2 without Johnson this season. Kubiak would not speculate on Johnson's availability for the Texans' game at Tampa Bay on Nov. 13.

Johnson acknowledged that he expected to be fully healed by now. He underwent a minor procedure after he was hurt, and was back at practice last week leading up to Sunday's victory over Jacksonville.

"Just like everybody else, I wish this process would be a lot faster than what it's been," he said.

He was relieved that the "setback" occurred on Monday, rather than later in the week.

"If it wouldn't have happened Monday, then it probably could've happened on Wednesday in practice," Johnson said. "Eventually, I was going to find out, whether it was Monday or Wednesday or whenever I ran. It happened on Monday. I sat down for a few days and just did all the treatment. I didn't start back running until (Friday), and the day went pretty good.

"We're just going to keep working, and hopefully, it'll get better sooner than later."

Johnson, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, was Houston's leading receiver through the first four games, with 25 catches for 352 yards and two touchdowns. He wants to be careful now not to return to action too soon.

"If I can't go out and be myself, then there's no reason for me to be out there," Johnson said. "It doesn't help the team. This isn't about me, this is about the team. If I can't go out and help the team, then I'm not going to be out on the field."

The Texans have their bye week after playing the Buccaneers in Week 10. Johnson says he has no target date in mind for his return.

"At first, I just felt like I'd just miss a couple of games and I'd be back out there," he said. "It just all depends on how your body responds. Right now, I really can't set a date."
Old 11-04-2011   #51
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108923 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Do you think the team's medical staff is aware of this? It seems that if they were, they wouldn't have mentioned a four week timeframe from the beginning.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #52
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Do you think the team's medical staff is aware of this? It seems that if they were, they wouldn't have mentioned a four week timeframe from the beginning.
I'm sorry, Brisco. But I can't explain where the original 3 week time frame came from, in that this time frame would equate to only a moderate muscle strain, and the limited literature on this type of surgery would lead one to conclude a very much longer reasonable length of time. Fans have come to see AJ as somewhat of a "Superman." And it appears that the coaching and medical staff have tried to treat him as such when it comes to injuries. However, if you carefully think about the course of his past injuries, there have been consistent miscalculations as to when he would return. And when he did return early for the type of injury he sustained, it was evident that his performance was compromised. That's because, in our eyes he may be a "Superman," but in the big picture, the body needs adequate TIME to recover and this is usually still determined solely by a HUMAN TIME CLOCK.
Old 11-05-2011   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

didn't Andre have 2 procedures?

One with the cleaning of the scar tissue & the enriched blood

Then a second where they found that wasn't working & went ahead & completely cut the tendon ?

I thought the original 3 weeks was in response to the first procedure.
Old 11-05-2011   #54
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
didn't Andre have 2 procedures?

One with the cleaning of the scar tissue & the enriched blood

Then a second where they found that wasn't working & went ahead & completely cut the tendon ?

I thought the original 3 weeks was in response to the first procedure.
After initial reports of the platelet enriched plasma injections having been performed, it was later found not to have been part of the treatment in this particular injury of his (it was, as you may remember, in his past high ankle sprain). It would have had no effect on the original prognosis presented.
Old 11-05-2011   #55
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
It does suck..... Why would we want to make a spin-off of Calvin Johnson's nickname when Andre is the original? We can do much better than that.
I'm listening. What's your suggestion..?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read