Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2011   #41
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Since I live a 10-12 minute (no traffic) drive from Cowboy Stadium, Jerry World, The Death Star, I think you know abut how much Texans' coverage I get around these parts.
I just moved to DFW and other than having to deal with all the fans it has not been too bad although it is easier since it seems like most of their fans hate their team right now. I got my hair cut at sport clips and the chick wouldn't stop talking about how much she hated Romo.
Old 11-04-2011   #42
TEXANJAK
Texans #1

Rep Power: 127 TEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respected

Been a Texans fan since 2005. Indiana has too much of a Colts fan base. I for one may live in Indiana, But my Heart is deep steel blue, with battle red blood running though it. My liberty white blood cells will defend me against the infectious horseshoe fungi.
I am the only Texan fan up here i have seen.
Old 11-04-2011   #43
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47294 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Lots of Broncos & some Raiders & 49ers fans in Idaho, but I did see a guy in Vegas @ Harrahs last year wearing a Schaub jersey. However when I talked to him found out he was from Houston. Guess we can't count him can we ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #44
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in Nashville and I may be the only Texans fan here...
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #45
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
I just moved to DFW and other than having to deal with all the fans it has not been too bad although it is easier since it seems like most of their fans hate their team right now. I got my hair cut at sport clips and the chick wouldn't stop talking about how much she hated Romo.
When there are Texans games here, there is always a nice showing of Texans fans who I assume are from the area. We have not figured out how to get a good congregation of fans to establish a bar as ours, but really we are around in decent amount, just no more coverage in the area than any other generic NFL team.

Cowboy fans have a real love/hate with Romo. It is pretty funny.
Old 11-04-2011   #46
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm working about 45 min. from Pittsburgh and a couple of hours from Cleveland and I had to bring back 3 Texans hats for guys I work with. I'll be working in Indiana on Monday, but I doubt they'll be as receptive to the idea.
Old 11-04-2011   #47
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Interesting, Ive been in Austin a few times and it always seems like there are alot of texans fans there. Oh well
I've seen a lot more Texans hats around town this year. And when I do (and not wearing my own Texan gear) I go out of my way to say nice hat/shirt Go TEXANS....etc.

Winning does wonders.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2011   #48
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
gotta get to the playoffs to develop stronger ties outside of the Greater Houston area. I think we will see more Texans love in the valley and into the plains once the team is over this mediocre hump they seem to be dry humping every year.
QFT

Without a geographic tie to the team, most folks require winning to be something they want to associate with in order to justify jumping on the bandwagon.

Historically, the Cowboys have provided that, and understandable why they have generations of fans in Texas now.
Old 11-05-2011   #49
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: The Texans in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I was just kind of thinking about this. Obviously, outside of Houston, the texans get very little love from other cities around texas. So now I have the question, where outside of houston has a strong Texans following? Just for kicks
You start going to the playoffs..you will get more fans...
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #50
midgetonadonkey
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 midgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVPmidgetonadonkey was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I saw a Texans fan at last Sunday's air show here in San Antonio.

If Texans fans exist in SA, they only wear their colors at home.
Agreed. I hardly see any Texans fan around the city. There are quite a few on the UTSA campus but everywhere else is dominated by the horrible gray and blue colors.
Old 11-05-2011   #51
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

When I lived in El Paso there were more Steelers fans than there were Texans fans. Cowboys was by far the dominant team.

I don't think anyone actively roots against the Texans in Texas, it's just that the team has been on no one's radar. Marginal fans jump on the bandwagon when a team starts to win (and jump off when they start to lose). We'll get the fans, we just need to put together a few winning seasons.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #52
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 245168 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I'm in Nashville and I may be the only Texans fan here...
You probably are.
I know. That's my home town. Went to Tenn. State. They're pretty much Titan-crazy up there.
You visiting or what?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #53
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this topic is supposed to deal with Texan fans in Texas, but I'd like to share regardless. Being in New Orleans, I never met another die-hard Texan fan. Funny story though: I was working and I saw this guy coming passed me who was decked out in Texan gear. He was wearing t-shirt with the Houston Texans logo on it, Texans shorts, a Texans cap, wristbands, the whole shebang. Naturally I got excited to finally see a big Texans fan in my area, so I immediately asked him, "Texan fan, eh? Awesome." He laughed and replied, "Sort've. I used to play for them."

I didn't recognize him. I asked him for his name but he just laughed. He was on the phone and I wasn't going to bother him. Could never figure out who he was though.

Anyhoo, as far as casual Texans fans go out of state, the sad truth is that most don't even know the team exist. When people ask me what my favorite team is and I tell them the Texans, their next question is usually "You mean the Cowboys?"

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #54
TexanPulse
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanPulse is a quality contributor and well respected

I've lived in every continental time zone and have rarely seen another Texan fan. I guy a worked with from Cali was a random big fan. Now that I live in San Diego, I have met two...a husband/wife combo at a Longhorn watch party.

The funny thing in SoCal is everybody has a different team, so you'll see every jersey around all sprinkled with some Chargers crap. It really is the perfect place to root for another team because everyone gets some respect.

I get the routine, "they have a good team" & "I really like their team" stuff, nobody hates us like the pats here.

I will never convert from Houston sports.
TexanPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011   #55
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19932 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
You start going to the playoffs..you will get more fans...
Quote for truth.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't know about fans, but I've already been approached by several new "casual observers" today.

They're even using the word "we" when talking about that team.

"We sure made it tough on Colt McCoy."

"We've got one hell of a defense"

"Our back-up running back would be starting on most other teams"

etc... etc.. etc...

Old 11-07-2011   #57
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Here in Bryan/College-Station, there are a fair number of Texans fans. I see people fairly regularly around town (and at A&M) with Texans gear on.

I think there are more Cowboys fans here, though it's not an overwhelmingly larger number. There's a Cowboys store in the mall (by the way, do the Texans even have such stores, and are any of them outside of Houston?). We are positioned just right, so that the CBS affiliate considers the Texans the "home" team, and the Fox affiliate considers the Cowboys the "home" team. We get the preseason commentary/games for both the Texans and the Cowboys. They get fairly even coverage in the newspaper, also (though if anything, the Cowboys get a little more).
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read