Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2011   #21
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119762 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Texans in Texas

Seems the Texans are finally winning over the Houston area. Couple years ago it was hard to even the see the logo in the city they played in. Now Im starting to see it everywhere!

When traveling to Michigan thisn summer we stopped to eat in southern Illinois. Guy in the restaurant saw my Texans hat, looked at me an said "Texans huh? I like that Arian Foster guy." Getting some respect.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #22
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Its growing in Austin/Round Rock area but it is still dominated by the Cowboys.

Winning a championship will be the only thing shut them up and start gaining mainstream notariety (sp?)
Old 11-03-2011   #23
Bull Butter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Bull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Butter is a quality contributor and well respected

It's growing in the Rio Grande Valley. I see more Texans stuff down here all the time. It's definitely Cowboys Country but we're making inroads.

One thing that has been a problem is I feel since Day 1, the organization has done a poor job of marketing the team outside of the Houston area. The Cowboys players, old-timers, Cheerleaders make public apperances down here all the time. You never see that from the Texans. The Astros have a caravan that travels in the offseason to selected cities around the state. Why can't the Texans have something like that?
Bull Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #24
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Most of Texas is still cowpie land but the Texans are multiplying like Grimlins in a swimming pool!

I know it's happening alot in Port Arthur!

Every time a Cowboy loses his spur a Texan is born.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

When we were in Calabasas, CA, we used to go to a Sports Bar to watch the games and there were another couple of Texans fans there.

Unfortunately, that was the 4-12 season.

I think I've seen 1-2 other Texan fans up here except at planned get-togethers.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #26
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16893 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen Texans gear here in Lubbock, but it's all worn by Tech students.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #27
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Interesting, Ive been in Austin a few times and it always seems like there are alot of texans fans there. Oh well
You just might seen me and some of the other TexansTalk'ers while you were here...lol. I don't know how many times I've been cornered by an angry mob and had to make my stand screaming "I am NOT AN ANIMAL!"

When I was in upstate New York I never came across a Texan fan but I got major props from the masses for living in Texas and being a Texan fan, or more accurately, a person living in Texas, but not a Cowboy fan. Due to the Giants and I would assume the Bills too, they HATE the Cowboys in the Syracuse/Rome area.

Funny, when we landed in Syracuse we were getting off the plane and I heard a yell near the cockpit, "How 'bout them Cowboys!" My heart sunk. I just flew 1400 miles for that? Turns out it was the pilot saying that to a passenger wearing a Cowboys shirt. He was the only Cowboys fan I saw the rest of the trip.

Same deal in North Carolina. They just simply hate the Cowboys and loved it that I was a Texan that shared their views.
Old 11-03-2011   #28
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Living in Austin there are a few. Honestly though i see more Saint's fans than Texan's fans.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #29
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
You just might seen me and some of the other TexansTalk'ers while you were here...lol. I don't know how many times I've been cornered by an angry mob and had to make my stand screaming "I am NOT AN ANIMAL!"

When I was in upstate New York I never came across a Texan fan but I got major props from the masses for living in Texas and being a Texan fan, or more accurately, a person living in Texas, but not a Cowboy fan. Due to the Giants and I would assume the Bills too, they HATE the Cowboys in the Syracuse/Rome area.

Funny, when we landed in Syracuse we were getting off the plane and I heard a yell near the cockpit, "How 'bout them Cowboys!" My heart sunk. I just flew 1400 miles for that? Turns out it was the pilot saying that to a passenger wearing a Cowboys shirt. He was the only Cowboys fan I saw the rest of the trip.

Same deal in North Carolina. They just simply hate the Cowboys and loved it that I was a Texan that shared their views.
I'll be in Albany in two weekends, watching my alma mater play its first basketball games, and then to my buddy's bar who is a cowboys fan. Back in the day (early 90's) we were both cowboys fans.
Old 11-03-2011   #30
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Butter View Post
It's growing in the Rio Grande Valley. I see more Texans stuff down here all the time. It's definitely Cowboys Country but we're making inroads.

One thing that has been a problem is I feel since Day 1, the organization has done a poor job of marketing the team outside of the Houston area. The Cowboys players, old-timers, Cheerleaders make public apperances down here all the time. You never see that from the Texans. The Astros have a caravan that travels in the offseason to selected cities around the state. Why can't the Texans have something like that?
I concur with this. It's NOWHERE near Cowboy-levels, but there has definitely been progress down here the last couple of years. There's way more shirts and car decals these days compared to 5 years back.
I'll say the Texans are also starting to look down here. They had a group of Texans ambassadors as well as Texans Cheerleaders and Toro come down in April to Brownsville for a camp and Academy in Weslaco. Hope they make the trip down more often.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #31
Osso
Veteran

Amarillo....pop 250,000

I represent with 6 different jerseys all over town....i would guess there are less than 1000 fans here, its cowboy/bronco country up here
Old 11-03-2011   #32
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I see some people wearing Texans gear in Austin occassionally. Same for students here at Texas State. Lots of Houston folks come to San Marcos so there's a good amount of Texans fans on campus from what I can tell.

It'll be fun seeing the bandwagon get a lot bigger once we make the playoffs though. Especially if the Cowboys don't.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #33
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osso View Post
Amarillo....pop 250,000

I represent with 6 different jerseys all over town....i would guess there are less than 1000 fans here, its cowboy/bronco country up here
You need to hook up with a poster named GP. He a regular and is on quite often and lives in Amarillo (Me? I once lived on Jackson St up there, ).

Give GP a holler, go to a bar, and raise Texans Hell!
Old 11-03-2011   #34
unclejamima
Rookie

Rep Power: 172 unclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw a Texans fan drinking a Pinacolada at midnight, his hair was perfect.
unclejamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #35
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejamima View Post
I saw a Texans fan drinking a Pinacolada at midnight, his hair was perfect.
Well done

Old 11-03-2011   #36
ADTpaul
ADT Security

Rep Power: 36 ADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respected

I followed Houston sports teams such as the Astros, Rockets, and Texans for 20 years. I recently relocated this summer from Houston to around the Arlington area near the ballpark and Cowboys Stadium. I just started watching the DFW teams such as mavericks at the start of their playoff run and rangers playoffs games en route to their world series. Always will be a Houstonian
ADTpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I was just kind of thinking about this. Obviously, outside of Houston, the texans get very little love from other cities around texas. So now I have the question, where outside of houston has a strong Texans following? Just for kicks
Chris Brown of Midland.... apparently!!!
Old 11-03-2011   #38
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I live a 10-12 minute (no traffic) drive from Cowboy Stadium, Jerry World, The Death Star, I think you know abut how much Texans' coverage I get around these parts.
Old 11-03-2011   #39
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I live in a city of over a million people and I have only ever met one other Texans fan here.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #40
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm from Austin and live in Dallas.

I'm a Texans fan because
  • I've always hated the Cowboys and everything they stand for
  • The Texans are a likeable bunch
Quick II Draw is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read