Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2011   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacksonville Media Member Whines About Dirty Play

C'mon Mootini, most of your fans and press are better than this, no?? The Duane Brown (alleged) punch to Sessions, which he (Sessions) never reacted to and the Texans offensive line scheme are dirty??? Sucks being in the cellar, no? I can remember being there calling a bunch of your players dirty..... but not really!

Whatever Jagoff fans (not Mootini - he is a stand-up guy), we'll soon be playing our away Jags games in LA.

Old 11-02-2011   #22
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Amazing they are still on this, but actually I understand. It was their superbowl after all and the Texans just strolled right out there and won the game casually enough.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #23
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: Jacksonville Media Member Whines About Dirty Play

I listened to that interview this afternoon on 610 with Josh and Rich.
At first...I thought it was a joke maybe Josh was doing or a skit....but it was a actual interview with a Sports Director from Fox/CBS in Jacksonville...(wow 2 stations on same channel...go figure).
That was a total amount of bs coming out of his mouth. Give me a break. And the topper was he sent it to the NFL. That is funny.
I doubt that guy ever played in the NFL. I really think he made himself look like a dummy saying what he did.
Dirty....lol. Yeah....ok....it ok....it goes on every Sunday...

I do think it makes great bullentin board material for the game in November. Should be interesting to see what happens then....
Someone get some cheese.....cause he has a lot of whine.....

go to www.youtube.com type in THE WHINERS SNL

That is what I thought of .....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #24
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Much prefer this than the usual "Texans are soft" stigma.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully stuff like this keeps happening.

Folks always want to tear you down when you are doing well. The simple minded perceive you as a threat.

Haters gonna hate I guess.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #26
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I just want to know when all of a sudden we viewed the Jags as our biggest rival. Maybe competitively they have been throughout the years as we have had the most success against them but i'm pretty sure everyone here knows it's the Titans and i'm pretty sure the Titans hate us as much.
Old 11-02-2011   #27
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I just want to know when all of a sudden we viewed the Jags as our biggest rival. Maybe competitively they have been throughout the years as we have had the most success against them but i'm pretty sure everyone here knows it's the Titans and i'm pretty sure the Titans hate us as much.
Did Josh and Rich (whatever their names) say that? If so I missed it. I doubt anyone at least here on TT thinks of Jville as our biggest rival. That crown goes to Tennessee and I suspect always will. Unless, of course, Bud Selig tries to move us to the AL West.
Old 11-02-2011   #28
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Did Josh and Rich (whatever their names) say that? If so I missed it. I doubt anyone at least here on TT thinks of Jville as our biggest rival. That crown goes to Tennessee and I suspect always will. Unless, of course, Bud Selig tries to move us to the AL West.

It was quoted by mussop on the first page from some Jag fan in a comment somewhere. Just a jag fan justifying the ass kicking i'm sure. I just got a little irked when i read that.
Old 11-02-2011   #29
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

While I agree Jacksonville is being bitches about this...I have to be objective at the same time...

Quote:
The Texans (5-3) are 3-0 in the AFC South. The Jaguars (2-6) are 1-1 in the division with a victory over the lowly Indianapolis Colts (0-8).
Oh Anna (You are pretty and all, but) ...The Jags haven't even played the Colts yet, their sole victory in the division is over the Titans. As a person in the media how could you miss something like that? Hell I can't even run smack to Jack fans with that article, because that's the only thing they're going to hang on.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #30
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was quoted by mussop on the first page from some Jag fan in a comment somewhere. Just a jag fan justifying the ass kicking i'm sure. I just got a little irked when i read that.
Oh, of course....and I even read that.

Lol, that's a pretty arrogant and ignorant statement. You want to talk about a team that just doesn't seem to fit in the league...
Old 11-02-2011   #31
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

610 is a crap station with terrible host and honestly I found the Jacksonville guy to be kind of funny. I don't care that he called the NFL about some of the plays last Sunday nor do I care that they are whining about it, but I found it funny when he took some shots at those clowns on 610.
Old 11-02-2011   #32
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
610 is a crap station with terrible host and honestly I found the Jacksonville guy to be kind of funny. I don't care that he called the NFL about some of the plays last Sunday nor do I care that they are whining about it, but I found it funny when he took some shots at those clowns on 610.
610 sucks and all, but this was one of the few time that they had me laughing. They owned this clown. They made the guy look like a homer jackass, which is REALLY saying something. I found the guy to be funny too, but it was more of "I'm laughing at you funny". I can't believe he called the league.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #33
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
610 sucks and all, but this was one of the few time that they had me laughing. They owned this clown. They made the guy look like a homer jackass, which is REALLY saying something. I found the guy to be funny too, but it was more of "I'm laughing at you funny". I can't believe he called the league.
Yes, they did own his simple-ass. That guy made a fool out of himself.

Jacksonville fans should be ashamed at this guy, and how their players reacted. I bet money Jack Del Rio is embarrassed. He comes off as a smash mouth kind of guy, who probably played rough when he was a player. He certainly coaches rough as a coach.

If I were a true sports fan in Jacksonville right now, I'd be ashamed.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #34
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post

If I were a true sports fan in Jacksonville right now, I'd be ashamed.
I've actually read some comments Jags fans have left on some of the ESPN articles, like Kuharsky's blog that ripped into Brown, saying they were indeed embarrassed how much run their media is giving this.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
they were our partners in suckatude with neither team really having an honest shot at the division (for the most part of course)...that's the long and short of it from this fans perspective.

To me, rivals only really get to be honest to goodness big time rivalries when one team stops another team from something like a Division Championship, a playoff spot, or advancing in the playoffs. Until then its just a pissing match.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #36
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
Much prefer this than the usual "Texans are soft" stigma.
I guess we're just a bunch of dirty, mean ole marshmallows...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #37
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Boy the jaguars are the most whiny, bitchy 2-6 team ever. I got some news for Jacksonville, shut the **** up and quit whining because you guys are and always be irrelevant.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #38
TexansFan786
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFan786 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know where I can get the pics/footage of the so called "dirty play(s)"

Ridiculous!
TexansFan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #39
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFan786 View Post
Does anyone know where I can get the pics/footage of the so called "dirty play(s)"

Ridiculous!
Here's the infamous "motherf_____" play. That was Keanu Gabbert with the MF-bomb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gw3oypRdLg

That wasn't the play where Cushing hit Gabbert on a feet-first slide. I can't remember now if it was before or after the "mf" play.

On the next link below go to the :30 mark, here's the hit that put Gabbert out for a series. This is what some Jags media are calling the turning point of sorts. You know, as if Payton Freaking Manning left the game??... The next play was the crazy turnover that ended with "the punch" (as the JAX media calls it). You can't see "the punch" on the highlights, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGvBAmvLGvY

EDIT:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201110...ghts&tab=recap

This highlight, the one titled Sessions Sack-Fumble shows the reason for "the punch" better
Old 11-03-2011   #40
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunky View Post
I love how the Head Coach of the Jags "has no problem with the way they (Texans) play", but this cheeser sports-action beat writer takes notice..

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio didn't seem to understand why all of a sudden defensive tackle Terrance Knighton and defensive end Jeremy Mincey were upset with the Texans' offensive line.

"I don’t have a problem with the way they play," Del Rio said of the Houston Texans. "I think they play the same way every time. Their line, that’s how they’ve always blocked. That’s what they do. That’s really not new news to me. It shouldn’t be to them. They’ve played them enough in their career. We know what we’re getting when we play those guys."

Here's what Del Rio said about the hit (Cushing): "I think it’s one of those bang-bang plays in the league. The league has placed an emphasis on protecting players. He did slide feet first and with that you’re supposed to get protection. It was a bang-bang play. Those are the kinds of things that a few years ago would have been a non-issue you wouldn’t even be asking the question. Those things are often called and often fined and all that. So I’ll let the league worry about that. We’re glad our guy got up. That he returned to the game. There’s nothing significant going on there."

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog...ow-texans-play
Jack Del Rio has always been a stand up coach +1 rep to JDR.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read