Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2011   #21
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Scouts Inc - Browns at Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
A lot of Texan fans wanted Phil Taylor durring the draft, its going to be intresting to see him play.
Phil and Rubin make a pretty good DT combo. They are both beasts if run right at and Rubin can pursue and actually track runners downfield. I'll be curious to see how they do against your zone blocking scheme. Most of the teams we are familiar with play a more head on smash mouth running attack.
Old 11-03-2011   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember when Brady Quinn was looked at as a draft steal because he fell so far?

Now I'm done.
Old 11-03-2011   #23
Calface4
inthisforlife

Rep Power: 0 Calface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
QB - Texans
RB - Texans
WR - Texans
OL - Texans
DL - Texans
LB - Texans
DB - Texans
ST - Browns
Coach - Texans

Don't get behind early: The Houston Texans are excellent at starting fast on offense.

Houston has been very good in turnover margin.

However, Houston might feature the best rushing attack in the NFL. Arian Foster is a tremendous all-around player, and the Texans will also use Ben Tate plenty. With such a strong running game to threaten defenses, Matt Schaub has been exceptional throwing on first downs. He is also a great play-action passer.

...the Texans just might have the best offensive line in the league.

Cushing is an excellent blitzer, and the Texans have other quality pass rushers including Antonio Smith, who has excelled in the 3-4 system.

...and a healthy Johnson would present one of the season's toughest challenges.

Texans 30, Browns 10
I don't know if we have ever gotten this much respect from ESPN before... Maybe they've been taking some sips of our kool aid
Calface4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #24
BrwnsTown
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
Phil and Rubin make a pretty good DT combo. They are both beasts if run right at and Rubin can pursue and actually track runners downfield. I'll be curious to see how they do against your zone blocking scheme. Most of the teams we are familiar with play a more head on smash mouth running attack.

All they have to do is run outside, Fujita and Gocong are to slow to get out there consistently to stop Foster...

And after a multiple runs like that, mix in play action and right over the top to Johnson and then back to running down our throats...

It is the same thing every team has done since 99, until we figure out how to shut down the run it will remain most teams game plan against us.
BrwnsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #25
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrwnsTown View Post
Hillis is not a WC back...
Right, he's a fullback that wants to be running back.
Old 11-04-2011   #26
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrwnsTown View Post
All they have to do is run outside, Fujita and Gocong are to slow to get out there consistently to stop Foster...

And after a multiple runs like that, mix in play action and right over the top to Johnson and then back to running down our throats...

It is the same thing every team has done since 99, until we figure out how to shut down the run it will remain most teams game plan against us.

"On any given Sunday"

Our Texans have proven in the past that all that has been said here doesn't mean much.

Hopefully our new and improved D will not regress to it's old form. I will believe in this team when they can consistantly win the games they are "supposed" to win.

Nice having opposing fans here that choose to discus football.

Here's to an injury free game.

I was one who came to your boards and congratulated you on the Brady Quinn acquisition. My love of the Irish clouded my judgement. Sorry.

Old 11-04-2011   #27
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

I felt bad for Brown's fans after reading comments on several articles in their newspapers. I was a little sad how down they are on their team.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2011   #28
BrwnsTown
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respectedBrwnsTown is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
"On any given Sunday"

Our Texans have proven in the past that all that has been said here doesn't mean much.

Hopefully our new and improved D will not regress to it's old form. I will believe in this team when they can consistantly win the games they are "supposed" to win.

Nice having opposing fans here that choose to discus football.

Here's to an injury free game.

I was one who came to your boards and congratulated you on the Brady Quinn acquisition. My love of the Irish clouded my judgement. Sorry.

I really don't see any way the browns could pull off a upset, short of your whole team getting sick and having to forfeit...

A lot thought Quinn would do well since he had Weiss as a HC at ND..

And just our luck to be bad and have 9 teams worse than us dropping us way down in the upcoming draft.
BrwnsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011   #29
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
10. Matchup to watch: Texans OT Eric Winston vs. Browns defensive end Jabaal Sheard: This should be a great individual matchup between two players who don't get the accolades they deserve. Winston is a great fit in Houston's zone blocking scheme and one of the better right tackles in football. Sheard is logging a ton of snaps and has had a fantastic rookie campaign both as a pass rusher and against the run. The Browns' pass defense has been excellent when rushing four or fewer, which puts added pressure on Sheard to get the job done.

Texans 30, Browns 10
Looks like they got that one right

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read