Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-13-2011   #41
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin watch party for 11/13 Noon Houston vs Tampa game

So I'll be heading to RR Pluckers solo to watch the game. I'll the short fat hispanic guy wearing my A. Johnson jersey, so if you see me, wave me over or come say hi. Hopefully I'll find someone to hang out and cheer with.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #42
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still calling around, but nobody answers their flippin phones anymore. It's all automated crap. I have myself and 1 or 2 guys with me that need our Texans fix. If nothing else pops up further south, I guess we'll head to C.I. as well, but would really like to know FOR SURE they will have the big screen AND sound before committing.
I just don't want to go all the way to WilCo and have to sweat the cops!

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #43
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Should be a really fun game to watch. I think the Giants fortunes ride with Eli in this one, but that's just theory of course. Good luck. My fortunes, on the other hand, ride with the Niners wining and the related mood of my wife afterward...lol. (Kidding, she's good about letting it go)

Thank you kindly Brisco, but no need. Thing is, your kind gesture makes me want to go all the more. We have spent our wad for the time being, but an afternoon with new friends (or old, depending on how one looks at it) is an afternoon and money well spent.

I can only say I hope to make it. Thanks again.
I'll chip in on a beer or 2 FWIW.....

Hookem, come to CI man

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #44
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
I'm still calling around, but nobody answers their flippin phones anymore. It's all automated crap. I have myself and 1 or 2 guys with me that need our Texans fix. If nothing else pops up further south, I guess we'll head to C.I. as well, but would really like to know FOR SURE they will have the big screen AND sound before committing.
I just don't want to go all the way to WilCo and have to sweat the cops!
CI not in WilCo I don't think. Sounds like CI is our best shot....head on down man....(or up I guess to the north side)

Will be wearing blue D. Davis jersey, red nikes, Texans hat and beads...easy to spot me.....we should al group up...

My buddy will be with me probably in a red MW jersey

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 11-13-2011   #45
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

I just got off the phone with The Rockin Tomato on South Lamar. They have a big screen and we can have the run of the place. We'll have the sound too. The only draw back would be they do not serve liquor. They have a good assortment of beers however.

Old 11-13-2011   #46
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

OK, I just got off the phone with Shayna at CI and she assures me they WILL have the Texans on the big screen and SOUND, so a couple of us are headed that way.
I'll have on a white 23 Robinson jersey!
I can't get Wiggins to go that far north, because he has the game at his house.

Old 11-13-2011   #47
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just got off the phone with The Rockin Tomato on South Lamar. They have a big screen and we can have the run of the place. We'll have the sound too. The only draw back would be they do not serve liquor. They have a good assortment of beers however.
Red's Porch will definitely be showing the Texans game. I'd go there if I could. If you ask I'm pretty sure they will accommodate your request to turn the volume on the game up. They have plenty of TVs and I'd expect a number of Texans fans there.

Also, you could try Black Sheep Lodge. I'd go to both before the Rockin Tomato.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2011   #48
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Mission accomplished. We've got a rowdy crowd of about 25 and growing at Common Interest.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #49
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice crowd at the RR Pluckers on 35
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #50
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Nice crowd at the RR Pluckers on 35
Pluckers RR is the shiznit! Always a good crowd, and good Texans fans. Sorry I couldn't make it, thanks for checking.
Old 11-13-2011   #51
TwistedGnarl
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respectedTwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respectedTwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respectedTwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respectedTwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respectedTwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respectedTwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respectedTwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respectedTwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respectedTwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respectedTwistedGnarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Mission accomplished. We've got a rowdy crowd of about 25 and growing at Common Interest.

Was awesome. Thanks everyone who showed up.
TwistedGnarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #52
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI, I spoke to the owner and managers at Common Interest, and they were thrilled with the Texans crowd that showed up. They thanked me several times for referring you guys, and would love to have you back. The big screen will be ours every week.

Old 11-14-2011   #53
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

I'm using this double post as an opportunity to say how awesome today was.
Old 11-14-2011   #54
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish I could have been there. Austin Texans Rock!! 7-3 baby!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2011   #55
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

It was cool meeting all of you guys yesterday and we had a great time!!!

I will be coming back to CI for sure.

Old 11-14-2011   #56
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

The CI was a great venue and the crowd kicked butt as well. It was fun meeting some new folks and seeing some I've not seen since our bigger viewing parties a few years ago. The bartender was very cool as well.
The 3 extra folks and I will be back for more games there as well. Buckets of beer deal was great as well.
Who has the group pictures I can send to KEYE?

Old 11-14-2011   #57
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Who has the group pictures I can send to KEYE?
My buddy John who was with me in the Williams jersey should have it on his phone.....will try to get a hold of him soon.

Old 11-14-2011   #58
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about yall but the 3rd Base in South Austin inside the Brodie Oaks Shopping Center was on and poppin'. I didn't know there were so many Texan fans and it made me actually not feel like I was the only dumb dude for loving this team. We had our own section and were the loudest group there!!!! It was awesome.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #59
conundrum
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 conundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respected

Great turnout at CI, hopefully we can do that more often. Outside of going to Reliant for a game that was the most fans I've been around for a game! Pleasure to cheer along side of yall!
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #60
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I don't know about yall but the 3rd Base in South Austin inside the Brodie Oaks Shopping Center was on and poppin'. I didn't know there were so many Texan fans and it made me actually not feel like I was the only dumb dude for loving this team. We had our own section and were the loudest group there!!!! It was awesome.
I did not know there was a 3rd Base in Brodie Oaks, thanks.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read