Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Austin watch party for 11/13 Noon Houston vs Tampa game

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
As was realized in another thread (and I confirmed on the KEYE web site just now) the Cowfuqs will be on CBS at noon during our game as they host the Bills........:kubepalm:

So, it's bar weekend if you want to see the game.

It would be cool if we could all agree on somewhere probably central-ish if that works for everyone as we all live in different parts of the city and take some place over like we did years ago when the Texans were not on TV so that Austin could contine to gargle VY's jock and KEYE only played the Titans.

Any good ideas?

dc_txtech

All Pro
Guh, did not realize this. This means I have to spend money that I don't have.

I'll probably end up at the Pluckers in RR, although I know that is usually too far North for a lot of folks.

C Madd

Waterboy
I'd prefer something North or central, as well, depending on what's best for the peolpe showing up. Pluckers on Research/Burnet is a decent spot, though that one is a bit small.

rickyb

Scarlet is hot.
Third Base on 6th Street is centrally located. Just saying.

For the record, I live waaaaaay down south. So, all you guys waaaaaay up north (**cough**Round Rock**cough) can surely drive downtown. :specnatz:

Hey. Whatever happened to Thomas/Spec :specnatz:

all the best,
rick

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
I'd be down for 3rd Base on 6th (although I know that it wasn't the most popular destination and I think they didn't have closed captioning for Nitro or they refused to use it or something so I don't know if anyone still meets up there).

I haven't been to the Pluckers C Madd mentioned but that is really close to my place so I'd be down for that.....either way.

I'm not too picky.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
For those that live south, there is also a 3rd Base in S. Austin. It's inside South Park Meadows shopping area. Anyone have an idea if they will show the game there?

conundrum

Practice Squad
There is a 3rd base in Round Rock as well. Me and my roomies will be going out so if there seems to be a consensus I am all for a "takeover". Thing I like about Pluckers is that they will have sound for both the Texans in one section and the Cowboys in another. I am worried that some places will have the Texans on a few TVs with the Cowboys sound everywhere.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
I've been meeting TexansTalk members and a handful of other Texans fans at Common Interest on Burnett almost every Sunday. People are always surprised by what a good football-watching venue it is. I can usually get them to put the Texans on the big screen, but they have the NFL Sunday Ticket on all 16 screens.

Mean Machine

Waterboy
Well, the Battle Red Bunch Tailgaters are coming over this weekend to Austin, and what rotten luck that dallas is gonna be the cbs game.
So, we got 6 of us that are looking for a great TEXANS game watching spot.
Been to Pluckers in Round Rock before, its pretty good.
Where's the 3rd Base in Round Rock?

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
So basically there will be small pockets of 4 or so members scattered here or there as opposed to a majority meeting up in 1 location....man.

Austin is so small too, basically a glorified town, would think a few extra miles we could mostly all take some place over but may be wishful thinking on my end.

I haven't been to coomon interest, so maybe I'll do that. I'm going to call some places today and see who can guarantee Texans will be on a big screen with sound. If I find anything I'll post here and hopefully that will attract some people.

conundrum

Practice Squad
So basically there will be small pockets of 4 or so members scattered here or there as opposed to a majority meeting up in 1 location....man.

Austin is so small too, basically a glorified town, would think a few extra miles we could mostly all take some place over but may be wishful thinking on my end.

I haven't been to coomon interest, so maybe I'll do that. I'm going to call some places today and see who can guarantee Texans will be on a big screen with sound. If I find anything I'll post here and hopefully that will attract some people.
Thanks in advance. Haven't been to common interest either, so that is intriguing.

Alex'sTexan's

Practice Squad
I guess it wont be in Rockport area neither? Going to coast this weekend but will definitely be back sunday morning so what is the majority leaning toward? Looks like 3rd base (both locations), Pluckers (both locations), or Common Interest. Im good for wherever the majority will be along with making sure we get full sound.

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
I guess it wont be in Rockport area neither? Going to coast this weekend but will definitely be back sunday morning so what is the majority leaning toward? Looks like 3rd base (both locations), Pluckers (both locations), or Common Interest. Im good for wherever the majority will be along with making sure we get full sound.
That's the thing, I think everyone is just doing their own thing. Will try to call some bars here soon to see who will guarantee optimal viewing. I hate watching a game with no sound....:vincepalm:

Alex'sTexan's

Practice Squad
agree, I love JC Fowlers about a mile from my house, but since the tv's are so close, they usually dont have the sound on which aint gonna work for me, especially with all the Cowgirl fans there.

Mean Machine

Waterboy
Well, RED EYE has got us squared away with the TV with Sound ON Texans game at the Pluckers in Round Rock.
Its right of I 35 by the Academy.
We will BE THERE around 11am.
Lets do it!!!
tampa sucks!

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
A friend of mine who works for KVET and AM 1300 THE ZONE has set up a deal with Blue Oak Grill in Round Rock. I just got off the phone with him and he tells me they will have the Texans on several of the big screens AND the sound for the Texans game. Here is a copy of his post on FB a few minutes ago.......

David Anderson
Since a certain local TV station is carrying the Cowboys, when they should be carrying the HOUSTON TEXANS Sunday at noon, I have arrainged for the Blue Oak Grill in Round Rock to carry the TEXANS GAME....NOON SUNDAY....TWO DOLLAR DOMESTIC BEER ON TAP....AND EDIBLE SPECIALS POSTED ON THE BLACKBOARD....COME JOIN ME THERE....EXIT 254 IN ROUND ROCK....COME FOR THE GAME.....STAY FOR THE CORNBREAD
blueoakgrill.com
Unlike · · Share · 16 minutes ago near Austin

Last edited:

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Well, I don't see it that way. The Cowboys and Texans play on the same channel at the same time. There are clearly more Cowboy fans here = Cowboys get shown and I can live with that.

(~Thank you Texans for not even trying to build an Austin market....bastards~)

Where KEYE got our attention was when they were showing VY and the Titans over Houston and THAT was truly an Intolerable Act. I'm still proud of the way we made ourselves heard.

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Ok, 3rd Base on 6th and MoPac is out.....just called them...they have a "Bills group" that comes in and gets the back room with the big TV and sound on the weekends.

Called the Common Interest everyone mentioned.....their dumbass manager, who will be working Sunday BTW, didn't know WTF I was talking about and literally said "I don't understand how it is on CBS but not on TV"..:vincepalm:..so I had to fuqng explain TV coverage......OMFG. So on top of that making me want to come through the phone on them, it sounds dicey at Common Interest this weekend. She said they have "NFL Network" but had no idea what Sunday Ticket was so honestly I don't know if they will even have the game.

Has ANYBODY done any legwork also?? Really want to catch the game WITH sound and on a decent TV that is hopefully not in RR/WilCo......

:gun:

Nobody else calling anywhere besides me and just flying blind?? Buehler.......Buehler......... (not pissed at anyone in here...just friggin irritated in general at this BS)

Surely some smart manager of some bar knows what is up and is advertising that they will be showcasing the Texans.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I'm watching on my computer this weekend. This week I've had two birthday's, a short trip out of town in which I spent more than I expected, and I've got two more birthday's next week. Sorry.

(what's up with the pics?)

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
I'm watching on my computer this weekend. This week I've had two birthday's, a short trip out of town in which I spent more than I expected, and I've got two more birthday's next week. Sorry.

(what's up with the pics?)
I hear ya man. It gets expensive, I plan on dropping close to $50 or so which is more than I want to spend/borderline shouldn't.....

Again, wasn't trying to sound pissed at anyone here....that manager at Common Interest got me hacked! As soon as she picked up the phone she was being a ***** and I have little to no fuse so it was instant 0 to 60 for me.......

But I am frustrated there are no solid leads on good quality viewing locations yet with sound.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I hear ya man. It gets expensive, I plan on dropping close to $50 or so which is more than I want to spend/borderline shouldn't.....

Again, wasn't trying to sound pissed at anyone here....that manager at Common Interest got me hacked! As soon as she picked up the phone she was being a ***** and I have little to no fuse so it was instant 0 to 60 for me.......

But I am frustrated there are no solid leads on good quality viewing locations yet with sound.
Your stories, especially the second one, were entertaining since I didn't have to go through it. Sorry you did. So, the Bills fans, even with the game on TV are going there? I might have asked if there was a formal restervation. If not, could you make one. Then again, you don't know how many will be there. Tough gig.

Keep fighting man! I hope you get a place. :)

Stemp

Brew Master

Pluckers in RR will have the game with sound for sure.
That's where I will likely be headed.

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
They said they don't take formal reservations at either place to answer Showtime. The manager at Common Interest asked me how many Texans fans there might be and I was literally like....
"Well, any Texans fans in Austin will be forced from there homes so you tell me"...so she kept pressing me for a number and I just said 20 or so to appease her.....but she still didn't know what I was talking about as far as TV coverage.

To Stemp.....yeah....that is my back up plan which sounds more and more like reality. If needed what time do we need to show up as I know that place gets packed and is it possible if you get there first to grab an extra 2 seats for me and my buddy/ride as I don't drive when I drink?

This kind of stuff with the Texans is just another log on the fire why I keep hoping my ex moves back to Houston with my daughter so I can move back and still be close to my kid.

Sometimes Austin = :mariopalm:

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

I know all the managers, and she isn't the one who normally works Sundays. The owner is a really good guy and watches Sunday Ticket with us, and he does well to get every game that any patron wants to watch. He's been good about putting the Texans on the big screen for me this year. I'll talk to him first and find out if the Cowboys or the Texans get priority this week.

It really is a good sports bar. He even has an Oilers helmet signed by Earl Campbell on display.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
I know all the managers, and she isn't the one who normally works Sundays. The owner is a really good guy and watches Sunday Ticket with us, and he does well to get every game that any patron wants to watch. He's been good about putting the Texans on the big screen for me this year. I'll talk to him first and find out if the Cowboys or the Texans get priority this week.

It really is a good sports bar. He even has an Oilers helmet signed by Earl Campbell on display.

DUDE!!! SWEET!!!

Post if you can tomorrow what the deal is so I arrange my ride and whatnot. Also, sorry if I was talkin smack about someone you may know...but seriously....was a poor way on her end IMO to start the conversation.

Also, I will be wearing my gameday gear I wear to Reliant....so if you see a dude in an old school D. Davis jersey with Texans beads and Battle Red Nikes on, hollar at me.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
DUDE!!! SWEET!!!

Post if you can tomorrow what the deal is so I arrange my ride and whatnot. Also, sorry if I was talkin smack about someone you may know...but seriously....was a poor way on her end IMO to start the conversation.

Also, I will be wearing my gameday gear I wear to Reliant....so if you see a dude in an old school D. Davis jersey with Texans beads and Battle Red Nikes on, hollar at me.
Cool, I'll swing by tomorrow and talk to Mac. How many people are expected to show up?

In the past, he told me that the Cowboys get first priority. But once this year he already put the Texans on the big screen when Dallas was playing, so who knows.

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Cool, I'll swing by tomorrow and talk to Mac. How many people are expected to show up?

In the past, he told me that the Cowboys get first priority. But once this year he already put the Texans on the big screen when Dallas was playing, so who knows.

Sounds like just me and my buddy, so 2. Unfortunately I don't know too many Texans fans here in Austin outside this board...... But I'm banking on more Texans fans at least showing up for this game as it won't be on TV.

When you say first priority for Cowboys, does that mean the Texans games are usually/may be on smaller TV's with no sound? The lady on the phone last night mentioned being able to split the bar and sound I think.

See what he says, hopefully you can sell him on Texans fans probably showing up since not on TV and Cowboys fans can already see it at home....

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
Sounds like just me and my buddy, so 2. Unfortunately I don't know too many Texans fans here in Austin outside this board...... But I'm banking on more Texans fans at least showing up for this game as it won't be on TV.

When you say first priority for Cowboys, does that mean the Texans games are usually/may be on smaller TV's with no sound? The lady on the phone last night mentioned being able to split the bar and sound I think.

See what he says, hopefully you can sell him on Texans fans probably showing up since not on TV and Cowboys fans can already see it at home....
Every Sunday this year, Mac has put the Texans on the big screen for me; even one day when the Cowboys were on at the same time. Can't guarantee he'll do that every time, but I'll try. At the very least, we can get soundboxes for the regular TV's. I think the odds are good we'll get the big screen though.

Throughout the year, more Texans fans have trickled in. I've run into Hook 'em Horns and a few other forum members from Houston.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
I went up there and Mac wasn't there, but I spoke to a manager I know pretty well, and she said that if I get people in there they'll have no problem putting the Texans on the big screen. It would help if we round up as many locals that you know and get there around 11:30.

hookinreds

Veteran
I'll be using my portable dish and watching the game out at the baseball fields tomorrow as one of my sons has a tournament. Otherwise I would have liked to have joined you all.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I wish I wasn't poor right now. [poor, meaning I've spent my allowance this week and next, if you will] For five years now it's always one thing or another.

The cool thing for us is, my Niner wife will get to watch her team on TV for once at 3:00. :) SheTexan?? Can I get an AMEN??

You guys have fun, I wish I could make it.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
I wish I wasn't poor right now. [poor, meaning I've spent my allowance this week and next, if you will] For five years now it's always one thing or another.

The cool thing for us is, my Niner wife will get to watch her team on TV for once at 3:00. :) SheTexan?? Can I get an AMEN??

I am meeting a friend and we are supposed to be heading to another location however I might talk him into going down to the Common Interest.

BTW Showtime, your wife's Niners are playing my Giants. I am coming back home to watch that game at home. I recently purchased a HD projector for our business and watching football in HD on my living room wall at over 120 inches wide is pretty intense. Can't wait for that one.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

I am meeting a friend and we are supposed to be heading to another location however I might talk him into going down to the Common Interest.

BTW Showtime, your wife's Niners are playing my Giants. I am coming back home to watch that game at home. I recently purchased a HD projector for our business and watching football in HD on my living room wall at over 120 inches wide is pretty intense. Can't wait for that one.
Showtime, come down to Common Interest and I'll buy you the happy hour priced drinks. No big thing, I like hanging with forum members.

Hookem, I'm surprised you aren't at Reliant for this one. Tell your buddy we need people to show up for a common cause. I'll get you both a couple of drinks.

Showtime100

Got JJ?

Should be a really fun game to watch. I think the Giants fortunes ride with Eli in this one, but that's just theory of course. Good luck. My fortunes, on the other hand, ride with the Niners wining and the related mood of my wife afterward...lol. (Kidding, she's good about letting it go) :D

Showtime, come down to Common Interest and I'll buy you the happy hour priced drinks. No big thing, I like hanging with forum members.

Hookem, I'm surprised you aren't at Reliant for this one. Tell your buddy we need people to show up for a common cause. I'll get you both a couple of drinks.
Thank you kindly Brisco, but no need. Thing is, your kind gesture makes me want to go all the more. We have spent our wad for the time being, but an afternoon with new friends (or old, depending on how one looks at it) is an afternoon and money well spent.

I can only say I hope to make it. Thanks again. :fans:

Stemp

Brew Master
So I'll be heading to RR Pluckers solo to watch the game. I'll the short fat hispanic guy wearing my A. Johnson jersey, so if you see me, wave me over or come say hi. Hopefully I'll find someone to hang out and cheer with.

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
I'm still calling around, but nobody answers their flippin phones anymore. It's all automated crap. I have myself and 1 or 2 guys with me that need our Texans fix. If nothing else pops up further south, I guess we'll head to C.I. as well, but would really like to know FOR SURE they will have the big screen AND sound before committing.
I just don't want to go all the way to WilCo and have to sweat the cops!

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Should be a really fun game to watch. I think the Giants fortunes ride with Eli in this one, but that's just theory of course. Good luck. My fortunes, on the other hand, ride with the Niners wining and the related mood of my wife afterward...lol. (Kidding, she's good about letting it go) :D

Thank you kindly Brisco, but no need. Thing is, your kind gesture makes me want to go all the more. We have spent our wad for the time being, but an afternoon with new friends (or old, depending on how one looks at it) is an afternoon and money well spent.

I can only say I hope to make it. Thanks again. :fans:
I'll chip in on a beer or 2 FWIW.....

Hookem, come to CI man

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
I'm still calling around, but nobody answers their flippin phones anymore. It's all automated crap. I have myself and 1 or 2 guys with me that need our Texans fix. If nothing else pops up further south, I guess we'll head to C.I. as well, but would really like to know FOR SURE they will have the big screen AND sound before committing.
I just don't want to go all the way to WilCo and have to sweat the cops!
CI not in WilCo I don't think. Sounds like CI is our best shot....head on down man....(or up I guess to the north side)

Will be wearing blue D. Davis jersey, red nikes, Texans hat and beads...easy to spot me.....we should al group up...

My buddy will be with me probably in a red MW jersey

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
I just got off the phone with The Rockin Tomato on South Lamar. They have a big screen and we can have the run of the place. We'll have the sound too. The only draw back would be they do not serve liquor. They have a good assortment of beers however.

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
OK, I just got off the phone with Shayna at CI and she assures me they WILL have the Texans on the big screen and SOUND, so a couple of us are headed that way.
I'll have on a white 23 Robinson jersey!
I can't get Wiggins to go that far north, because he has the game at his house.

Mailman

Pwned by Hakeem
I just got off the phone with The Rockin Tomato on South Lamar. They have a big screen and we can have the run of the place. We'll have the sound too. The only draw back would be they do not serve liquor. They have a good assortment of beers however.
Red's Porch will definitely be showing the Texans game. I'd go there if I could. If you ask I'm pretty sure they will accommodate your request to turn the volume on the game up. They have plenty of TVs and I'd expect a number of Texans fans there.

Also, you could try Black Sheep Lodge. I'd go to both before the Rockin Tomato.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
Mission accomplished. We've got a rowdy crowd of about 25 and growing at Common Interest.