Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-02-2011   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Austin watch party for 11/13 Noon Houston vs Tampa game

As was realized in another thread (and I confirmed on the KEYE web site just now) the Cowfuqs will be on CBS at noon during our game as they host the Bills........

So, it's bar weekend if you want to see the game.

It would be cool if we could all agree on somewhere probably central-ish if that works for everyone as we all live in different parts of the city and take some place over like we did years ago when the Texans were not on TV so that Austin could contine to gargle VY's jock and KEYE only played the Titans.

Any good ideas?

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #2
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin watch party for 11/13 Noon Houston vs Tampa game

Guh, did not realize this. This means I have to spend money that I don't have.

I'll probably end up at the Pluckers in RR, although I know that is usually too far North for a lot of folks.
Old 11-02-2011   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Any good ideas?
The Yellow Rose.. Expose. Definitely not the Landing Strip, tho.
Old 11-02-2011   #4
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Biiiiiiiill!!!!

Old 11-03-2011   #5
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd prefer something North or central, as well, depending on what's best for the peolpe showing up. Pluckers on Research/Burnet is a decent spot, though that one is a bit small.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011   #6
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Third Base on 6th Street is centrally located. Just saying.

For the record, I live waaaaaay down south. So, all you guys waaaaaay up north (**cough**Round Rock**cough) can surely drive downtown.

Hey. Whatever happened to Thomas/Spec

all the best,
rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #7
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be down for 3rd Base on 6th (although I know that it wasn't the most popular destination and I think they didn't have closed captioning for Nitro or they refused to use it or something so I don't know if anyone still meets up there).

I haven't been to the Pluckers C Madd mentioned but that is really close to my place so I'd be down for that.....either way.

I'm not too picky.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2011   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

For those that live south, there is also a 3rd Base in S. Austin. It's inside South Park Meadows shopping area. Anyone have an idea if they will show the game there?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #9
conundrum
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 conundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a 3rd base in Round Rock as well. Me and my roomies will be going out so if there seems to be a consensus I am all for a "takeover". Thing I like about Pluckers is that they will have sound for both the Texans in one section and the Cowboys in another. I am worried that some places will have the Texans on a few TVs with the Cowboys sound everywhere.
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #10
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been meeting TexansTalk members and a handful of other Texans fans at Common Interest on Burnett almost every Sunday. People are always surprised by what a good football-watching venue it is. I can usually get them to put the Texans on the big screen, but they have the NFL Sunday Ticket on all 16 screens.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011   #11
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, the Battle Red Bunch Tailgaters are coming over this weekend to Austin, and what rotten luck that dallas is gonna be the cbs game.
So, we got 6 of us that are looking for a great TEXANS game watching spot.
Been to Pluckers in Round Rock before, its pretty good.
Where's the 3rd Base in Round Rock?
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

So basically there will be small pockets of 4 or so members scattered here or there as opposed to a majority meeting up in 1 location....man.

Austin is so small too, basically a glorified town, would think a few extra miles we could mostly all take some place over but may be wishful thinking on my end.

I haven't been to coomon interest, so maybe I'll do that. I'm going to call some places today and see who can guarantee Texans will be on a big screen with sound. If I find anything I'll post here and hopefully that will attract some people.

Old 11-10-2011   #13
conundrum
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 conundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respectedconundrum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
So basically there will be small pockets of 4 or so members scattered here or there as opposed to a majority meeting up in 1 location....man.

Austin is so small too, basically a glorified town, would think a few extra miles we could mostly all take some place over but may be wishful thinking on my end.

I haven't been to coomon interest, so maybe I'll do that. I'm going to call some places today and see who can guarantee Texans will be on a big screen with sound. If I find anything I'll post here and hopefully that will attract some people.
Thanks in advance. Haven't been to common interest either, so that is intriguing.
conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #14
Alex'sTexan's
Rookie

I guess it wont be in Rockport area neither? Going to coast this weekend but will definitely be back sunday morning so what is the majority leaning toward? Looks like 3rd base (both locations), Pluckers (both locations), or Common Interest. Im good for wherever the majority will be along with making sure we get full sound.
Alex'sTexan's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #15
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex'sTexan's View Post
I guess it wont be in Rockport area neither? Going to coast this weekend but will definitely be back sunday morning so what is the majority leaning toward? Looks like 3rd base (both locations), Pluckers (both locations), or Common Interest. Im good for wherever the majority will be along with making sure we get full sound.
That's the thing, I think everyone is just doing their own thing. Will try to call some bars here soon to see who will guarantee optimal viewing. I hate watching a game with no sound....

Old 11-10-2011   #16
Alex'sTexan's
Rookie

agree, I love JC Fowlers about a mile from my house, but since the tv's are so close, they usually dont have the sound on which aint gonna work for me, especially with all the Cowgirl fans there.
Alex'sTexan's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #17
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, RED EYE has got us squared away with the TV with Sound ON Texans game at the Pluckers in Round Rock.
Its right of I 35 by the Academy.
We will BE THERE around 11am.
Lets do it!!!
tampa sucks!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #18
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

A friend of mine who works for KVET and AM 1300 THE ZONE has set up a deal with Blue Oak Grill in Round Rock. I just got off the phone with him and he tells me they will have the Texans on several of the big screens AND the sound for the Texans game. Here is a copy of his post on FB a few minutes ago.......

David Anderson
Since a certain local TV station is carrying the Cowboys, when they should be carrying the HOUSTON TEXANS Sunday at noon, I have arrainged for the Blue Oak Grill in Round Rock to carry the TEXANS GAME....NOON SUNDAY....TWO DOLLAR DOMESTIC BEER ON TAP....AND EDIBLE SPECIALS POSTED ON THE BLACKBOARD....COME JOIN ME THERE....EXIT 254 IN ROUND ROCK....COME FOR THE GAME.....STAY FOR THE CORNBREAD
blueoakgrill.com
Unlike Share 16 minutes ago near Austin

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!

Last edited by Texanator; 11-11-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling error.
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #19
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 984 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

HA HA I got the KEYE Facebook page stirred up a bit.

https://www.facebook.com/KEYETV

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #20
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanator View Post
HA HA I got the KEYE Facebook page stirred up a bit.

https://www.facebook.com/KEYETV
Had to add my two cents worth. I wish everyone on here would just flood it...despite not living in the viewing area.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read